Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wild West Saloon + Saloon Girls :: by spartan1 :: Built for Krisque

This one has been built as a thank you to Krisque.
Thank you for the lovely gifts and kind words - I really appreciate it. Also, I hope you like it! :)

When I saw your lovely sim Harmony Sage, I knew she was perfect for a saloon idea I had, that's why I asked you if I could use her. I usually build like that - I always create the sim first and build a place to suit them (in this case borrow). And well, when I saw Krisque, I knew "Parchment" had to have a 'decent' sim to keep the town respectable!

So ... to the intro ... imagine a western whistle ...

The town is Parchment. The stage is set. Gunfighter squares up to gunfighter in a dusty street, while the locals watch on. A spilled drink and a local Saloon girl was the spark that lit this highly flammable tinder, a common event in this parched place. The doctor waits on the sidelines to see if he can save the slower man, but holds little hope. The school teacher tries to coax the local boy from the scene, and the Saloon girls yawn in boredom. They've seen this little drama before, and the finale is always the same.

It's been the same story since when the railway line was damaged just outside of town and repairs were constantly delayed. Two carriages were abandoned at the station platform behind the Saloon, slowly rusting in decay. The local school teacher, Miss Krisque Kelly converted one of the carriages into a school room to serve until a proper one was built, however unlikely. Yet, despite the crippled train line, the Saloon remains a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike. Perhaps the legendary beauty of the Saloon Girls attracts them? Or perhaps it's the thrill of a good gunfight? Strap on your six-shooter and come find out!

THE BUILD ::
PAGE01-1.jpg

PAGE02-1.jpg

PAGE03-1.jpg

PAGE04-1.jpg

PAGE05-1.jpg

PAGE10-1.jpg

PAGE12-1.jpg

PAGE15-1.jpg

THE SIMS ::

PAGE21-1.jpg

PAGE22-1.jpg

PAGE23-1.jpg

PAGE24-1.jpg

PAGE25-1.jpg

PAGE26-1.jpg

PAGE27.jpg

PAGE28.jpg

PAGE29.jpg

This build has been created to use Krisque's sims - Harmony Sage + Krisque Kelly. Download them direct from Krisque's studio - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3117598
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3078856

Krisque - let me know if you want me to remove them from the set in my studio or you want anything changed. (I've also credited them to you in my studio).

Download Build: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3223311
Download Sims: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3222957
More images: http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u140/spartan_girl/Wild West Saloon/

NOTE: No CC (Horses and Piano removed prior to uploading)
Feedback welcome!

Comments

• Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    Incredibly clever Spartan! I really chuckled over the background story. The MOs for the girls and other town characters are so apropos! Also, Western false front buildings I think are very rare on the Exchange. Your building placements and dry landscaping remind me of every Bonanza and Gunsmoke episode I ever saw.
    Definite recs!
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited October 2010
    How cute! You should keep us posted about what happens in your game.
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited October 2010
    Aww! I love this, it's really clever and very nice! (I really like the train car)
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    WOW!!!! What a super creative lot! That's the most clever build I've seen since ... well since the French Pirate Ship. I don't know how you come up with these ideas, but I love them. The landscape is perfect. The architecture is perfect. I love the train station and train carriages. The decor is perfect. The characters are perfect. I love the brawl between Wyatt and Cassidy. Not that I'm a fan of violence. :) And that doctor is hanging out with quite a few women. Everything is perfect. Downloaded, recommended, and added to my favorites. Can't wait to see it in my game!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is fabulous!

It's inspiring me to build an Old West World! It will have to wait till after Spooky Town is done, then there's the North Pole I wanted to make.............Maybe January! :mrgreen:

Love it! Thank you for sharing the build, and the story. Rec's & Dld's
  • Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wonderfully done! I really love this lot and your sims are a perfect fit :D Reced and added to my favorites :thumbup:
  • Options
    tootsootootsoo Posts: 863 Member
    edited October 2010
    I like this... I like this a lot!
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited October 2010
    LOVE it lol! Brilliantly executed, fab simmies! AMAZING PICS! Rec'd everything lol!
    :D
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, this is soooo creative!! Great job :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2010
    Gorgeous! LOVE it! :shock: You have great eye for details! This is a very atmospheric lot! I like the gowns and hats the female sims are wearing! Adds the right touch to the build! Brilliant Spartan! I will happily recommend this! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited October 2010
    Wow, this is incredibly creative and fantastic lot :D ! Rec`d and fav´d !
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited October 2010
    What a simply amazing, absolutely spiffing, jolly incredible lot!

... (because everyone knows thats how cowboys speak)

Your creativity is jawdropping. Firstly the pirate ship, and now this... you obviously have a knack for manipulating the game to do your bidding ;). I love the way you used CFE on the walls of the buildings and the roof of the train carriage - it's very effective. Very nice use of terrain paints and plants (of which there are few suitable) as well - it's perfect. Actually, the fact that the game is rather limited in objects for the Wild West theme just shows how talented you are. Very nice job, I will gladly rec this. :)

Oh, and I enjoyed your post, too. You present everything so well! How long does it take to prepare all this?
  • Options
    Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, this is amazing. I love the old west theme. It would be cool to one day see a whole town based on this story! Although it would be an awful lot of work!

Gave it a rec, of course. :)
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2010
    socalkdl - Kirk, LOL I'm glad I got a laugh, that was one of the aims! You can't take the Sims too seriously ...

AthenaOnyx - thank you! Lets hope Krisque likes it (I am a bit worried)

tori104 - thanks! The train carriage was surprisingly simple to create.

hmsdrco2001 - thanks Bill! Well, there's not too much landscaping LOL! Yes, the brawl was funny, Wyatt is such a mean snake ... and because he is evil he always wins the fight! He is so funny, the evil ones are ... I caught that shot of him yelling out the back of the Saloon all by himself for no reason ... weirdo! But Harmony is the best. She is so flirty and funny and has a problem with gas, which is always amusing. And the doctor ... it's interesting, very interesting that you identify with him ... hmmm. Interesting. *nods head knowingly* Yes, he is very popular with the ladies, but doctors usually are, don't you think? LOL

auntielynds - sounds like a great idea, you should go for it! Thanks for the rec+dl!

ladyCryptnt - thank you!

tootsoo - thanks!

Allium - LOL, I think your work is fab, absolutely loved the warehouse! Thank you for the rec+dl :)

judywork1957 - thank you!

yanti68 - I loved the dresses too, had to buy them when I saw them in the store. Thanks for your comments, much appreciated :)

Mythago68 - thank you heaps!

tdewd - what can I say? You'd get beaten up! Westies don't talk like that, it's just not done. Yes, there were not enough plants etc (not that much grows) but a couple of tumbleweeds and cacti, a joshua tree here or there would have been helpful in landscaping. I am hoping EA does some more Wild West stuff, after all it can be used for Spanish styles too. It took a while, but it is a part that I enjoy creating as much as the build itself. I love the stories, which is always a part of the creative process for me, hence why I always create the sims before starting a build. I think it's also why I like hearing other people's comments about my builds. Thanks for the rec!

Crizzy - Yes, I'd love to do a CAW, but unfortunately I'm on a mac and they didn't create it to work on this plaform :cry: Thanks for the rec!
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited October 2010
    You're welcome. :)

I didn't mention this earlier, but many years ago my brother and I played this awesome (awesome!!) game on the PS2 called "Timesplitters 2" ... one of the game levels was set in the Wild West and this lot instantly reminded me of that. I can even remember one of the characters called "Venus Starr" who, with a name like that, you can probably guess what she was like. We used to get a sniper rifle and zoom right in on her... well, you can probably guess that as well. ;)
    The point I'm trying to get across is that this brought back hilarious memories... so thanks! Lol.
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Spartan, you did a phenomenial job with the Wild West Saloon buildings.

The Parchement Building

I really like the overall structure and the authenitic saloon design including the incorporated front balcony porches, and flat roof tops. Great usage windows, doors, green sidings, and wood supports.

Sherriff's Office

I also like the overall authenitic design including the front entrance/porch and the smooth roof tops. Great usage of windows, doors, and brown sidings.

Great job with the Parchement Building, Sherriff's Office, Train Station Carriage, Train Platform, and the Saloon Girls. Recs for the Saloon Girls and buildings. :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Spartan this is amazing love everything the builds, the sims and the pictures left rec,s for everything and for Kristque sims. :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2010
    LOL! That's amazing that you were able to capture those expressions and moments. And a woman with gas problems has the key to my heart. :) I'm hoping for a Mac version of CAW, too. I'm sure you'd create amazing worlds--even more grand backdrops for your great stories. :)
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is one of the most creative builds I've seen on this site, EVER! Great job! I rec'd and DL, had to have it, especially the sims! :thumbup:

EDIT: I posted these on my blog as a feature!
    http://juliababyjen.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Whoa!
    Very clever and creative I must say, you nailed the Wild West theme right on the head. Off to recommend and favourite.

Do you mind if I use these in a machinima some time? It would be super awesome (and you'd get full credit).

Incredible work!

- Mmyoko :)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, this looks fabulous, I'd love to see a whole town in the style. You've done a fantastic job, I love the train carriage tattoo parlour. Your characters are awesome too, it is all very cleverly done :D Off to rec!
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, it looks really awesome. I love how much detail that has gone into this build, very creative. :P :P :P

If you are interested I made a Wild West Town a while ago, it is in my studio if you are interested. Here are some pics also....

http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=The_Purple_Plumbob&month=05&year=2010
  • Options
    SoukinaSoukina Posts: 1,337 New Member
    edited October 2010
    This looks so good! tsk tsk Doctor!
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2010
    pistons - thank you! I like your latest build - w-o-w! So much work! Well done :)

follyfoot - thanks for the recs and kind words :)

hmsdrco2001 - Bill, I'll let you in on a secret ... Paris is very much alive and nearly 8 ... and it was always just a case of heartburn ...

Juliababyjen - thank you so much! I checked out the blog, like the pic of you and your man ... I rec'd the feature too, it's great!

Mmyoko - thanks for the rec! I don't mind at all, I just hope Krisque likes it too! :mrgreen:

Tota - yes, I'd like to do a world if I could. I agree, Krisque's characters were so great that's why I did it!

Purple_Plumbob - thank you! I checked out your lot - some similar ideas - I like how you did a whole street. I thought of that, but decided just a plot in case they do a CAW for mac - then I might create a whole world.

Soukina - yes, that doctor is a 'friendly' chap! :lol:
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited October 2010
    Amazing...what else is there to say? :mrgreen: Im loving the wild west theme, the saloon and sims all look great :) recs from me
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'