Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheats

Im confused, I know the cheats are the same as in Sims 2, but Ctrl + Shift + C does nothing in my game.. How am I supposed to enter the Cheats?

Comments

• Options
    crazyemmy10crazyemmy10 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you hold them down all at the same time?
  • Options
    CokieRaeCokieRae Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, and one at a time and any other combination I could think of
  • Options
    sharidanmcsharidanmc Posts: 234 New Member
    edited June 2009
    o no please dont say that! is there a money cheat?
  • Options
    HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Best way is to hold ctrl, then shift, then c(way I do it) The new entry window seems to be darker and kinda transparent so it may be hard to see.
  • Options
    wade504wade504 Posts: 308 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It should work while you're in the game interface... Pressing shift + control + C will activate the cheat input box at the top of the game, which you just then type in your cheats. It works for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    game interface?
  • Options
    wade504wade504 Posts: 308 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While you're playing the game.

Did you try to press and hold the 3 buttons (shift and ctrl at least) together on the other side of the keyboard? Maybe one button is messed up?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, i did
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This is really frusterating =[[
  • Options
    angszelingangszeling Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey. i'm facing the same problem too. =(
  • Options
    indpntsimindpntsim Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2009
    The money cheat is the only cheat that I use in this game. I have not had a problem with it. I am sure that one of the SimGuru's will come to the rescue to help with this problem. They are really good.
    Save water...Drink beer!!!

OriginID: nurse167
  • Options
    angszelingangszeling Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh shooosh..

I was hoping I won't get one of those defected CDs, my ctrl shift C just won't work.

Sigh.

Help? =D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    im disappointed, I give up
  • Options
    Ppatha990Ppatha990 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a problem with the cheat window a while ago it was not actually an issue with the sims but an update to windows. Have you updated lately I had to undo my updates to restore the cheat window. It has to do with linking hot buttons on the keyboard I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ill try it...thanks
  • Options
    schleetleschleetle Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't open my stinking cheat window either, I will try windows update. I hope it works soon I can't play without money. lol
  • Options
    rjsec4everrjsec4ever Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    HOLD Ctrl, while HOLDING Left Shift, and then PRESS C. The game dims, but notice the lighter portion up top? That's right... it's the console.

motherlode...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    my game does not dim, there is no console at the top. And I updated everything possible for windows and still nothing =[
  • Options
    heathaleathaheathaleatha Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having the same problem...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    this is so frusterating, I went and bought it this morning, so I could play it before work. Now, im getting ready for work and have barely played it. Just spent half the day on here trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    heathaleathaheathaleatha Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I installed The Sims 3 on my moms laptop and the cheat window worked fine. Im not sure why it wont work on my laptop... Im uninstalling all of my Windows Updates and restarting my computer. If this doesnt work I give up...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    There is no dimming for me either... how aggravating!!!!!! :x
  • Options
    EleganceElegance Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm sure you'll figure it out! My game is installing at the moment but I'll give it a try and see if it works for me.

If you can't seem to bring up the cheats you could probably email EA. I'm sure they're ready to help new Sims 3 users.

Good luck! <3 :-)
  • Options
    MommaSimsPlayerMommaSimsPlayer Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :cry:
    I Do NOT Like Sims 3! I am so Disappointed! It reminds me of the first Sims I played on PC. I just want to cry. I Wasted Money!
    I don't like the way everything looks. I don't like that I can't move my mouse to make the screen move where I want it to. I don't like the whole concept!

I Enjoyed playing my Sims 2. I may end up Uninstalling this game and putting all my Sims 2 back in if I can't find something that'll keep me playing this game.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED!

:cry:

I Believed the Hype.....****** was written on my forehead!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Finally after 6 hours of trying stuff pushing CTRL+SHIFT+C+WINDOWS SYMBOL at the same time worked!