Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone able to run The Sims 3 properly?

Comments

• Options
    ashmabeashmabe Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sims is running however it is not running very smoothly at all. It is very VERY slow loading into a neighborhood, time doesn't move, the sims don't do anything I tell them to do and my CAS page makes my sims just black shadows, I can't see anything I'm doing when I make them. I have an older mac (2006 macbook) however I do have leopard installed on it. I have no idea how to fix any of these problems, if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it!
  • Options
    Siwsi2Siwsi2 Posts: 375 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It runs absolutely fine. I used to find TS2 pretty laggy when on a community lot with all the EPs, but TS3 is much better.

I really think in most cases people are moaning because they didn't check their PC specs before purchase.
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My macbook is almost 1 year old, and it installed and everything fine. But when I try to actually play the game, the lag and graphics are TERRIBLE, weather the graphics are turned up or down all the way. It's really quite sad, actually. I've got plenty of room and ram, everything exceeds the minimum requirements, the game was just not intended to run well on macs. Oh well. Right now I'm running it on my 2 1/2 year old PC hp pavillion laptop with quite some lag, but I'm REALLY hoping they make a patch for Sims for macs soon. And come out with some expansion packs. Then I'd definitely play it alot more. But right now, Sims3 < Sims2.
  • Options
    IncarnateAngelIncarnateAngel Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine runs even though my graphics card isn't supported (though you can tell in the game, there are some annoying graphical problems) and I only have 1GB rather than 2GB. It runs okay, it's a little slow though and my sims will stop for a few mins (sim time), time will jump forward and then get on with it. Making it quite annoying when they weren't running late for work but now are causing of all the pauses between rooms and just before actions. I'm probably going to upgrade my RAM though but obviously I can't do anything about my graphics card unless I buy a new mac.

I read the specs and still bought the game, it runs really well on my parents brand new PC (but then it does have 3GB ram, an Intel quad processor and NVidia Graphics card) but since I'm at uni, I can only play it on there when I go back.
  • Options
    residentevil24residentevil24 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine runs pretty good, except for Ultra Speed being the same speed as Fast Speed, but that is not something that stops me from playing the game because i am thinking they will come out with a patch for it sometime soon.

But, yes. My 2009 White MacBook (early) can handle it.
  • Options
    SolarCroissantSolarCroissant Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine works. I'm playing on a macbook pro , but I have to adjust the graphics quality to make it go faster. it lags if i dont :P
  • Options
    fauxhawkjoefauxhawkjoe Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine runs fine.
    I've only had four crashes and my settings are on lowest
    At least its working properly now though.
    I'd rather have lowest graphics settings than not be able to play at all...
  • Options
    xlalalaxlalala Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Other than freezing a couple of times, it works great! no lag *knock on wood* and graphics are amazing!!

im running it on an early 2008 macbook pro
  • Options
    KuupaKuupa Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Taylour wrote:
    I'm running fine. I'm on a 24" iMac (The white plastic one, not the newer version).

My wireless mouse did run out of batteries when I started playing and I thought it froze and I was all like "nooo!"

Haha, I completely feel your pain with the wireless mouse. Always happens at the worst time! Besides that though, my iMac (newest version) works like a dream with the game.
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine runs pretty good, except for Ultra Speed being the same speed as Fast Speed, but that is not something that stops me from playing the game because i am thinking they will come out with a patch for it sometime soon.

But, yes. My 2009 White MacBook (early) can handle it.

4 is supposed to only be the same speed as 3. 4 just has an 'auto-drop' to speed 1 at the end of the first action in the queue.
  • Options
    Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    y878h wrote:
    sounds like us mac users lucked out! if you go on the PC side of the forum it seems like there is total chaos with the discs and loadings problems...etc. etc. etc.

mac rules!!!

game works awesome for me (13" Aluminum Macbook with 2Gb)

LOL that might offend one of us 'chaos loving' pc owners. I have a dual-core desktop HP and my game runs as good as anything.

Hell, my brother has a cheaper EMachine and it runs it great, mac isnt the only great thing, and it deffiently doesn't rule.
    259g3le.gif
  • Options
    UnaaUnaa Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    everythings fine except the lag part and I cant download stuff on line.

Mac white-2008
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Liltab1121 wrote:
    y878h wrote:
    sounds like us mac users lucked out! if you go on the PC side of the forum it seems like there is total chaos with the discs and loadings problems...etc. etc. etc.

mac rules!!!

game works awesome for me (13" Aluminum Macbook with 2Gb)

LOL that might offend one of us 'chaos loving' pc owners. I have a dual-core desktop HP and my game runs as good as anything.

Hell, my brother has a cheaper EMachine and it runs it great, mac isnt the only great thing, and it deffiently doesn't rule.

Yes, 'chaos loving' and PC do tend to go together. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    milda57896milda57896 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    runs fine on my 15" mac book pro

• Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes.
  • Options
    sezykinssezykins Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello I'm a newbie to Mac here!

Been waiting for my new iMac 24" to arrive today & just installed TS3 collectors edition.
    Everything seems to be running well so far, have just downloaded the free town & car. All seems to be okay.
    The only thing that has gone wrong so far, is I've lost my bonus simpoints!

The game runs quite happily on all the medium settings. Will update if I encounter any further problems along the way.
    Regretting purchasing the collectors edition, but I guess I should be extremely grateful that the game is actually running at all, from all the horror stories I've heard! :roll:
  • Options
    sezykinssezykins Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Since I just posted my 1st message, my bonus simpoints have miraculously re-appeared! :lol:
    Guess I'd better go & redeem them quickly, before they change their minds again? :wink:

Can anyone recommend the best items to purchase with my 1,000 simpoints?
  • Options
    olaangel2olaangel2 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The only problem I've encountered so far on my 2008 MacBook Pro is the mouse disappearing twice. I have my graphics and all other setting on high and have experienced no crashes or anything terrible. As for the few people on here commenting about how their game is running great on a PC, this is for MACS --> AKA computers/ operating systems far superior to yours.
  • Options
    AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No problems with an "(Early 2008) Mac Pro" as far as actual gameplay goes. Making sure everything is up to date before install really seemed to work wonders, as did patching the game before playing.

So far my only problems have been:

1. No Simpoints: RESOLVED thanks to dandebirds' post; I now have 1,000 Simpoints.
    2. No European Sports Car: UNRESOLVED; working on getting my code to work and getting this into my game.
    3. No Vintage Sports Car: UNRESOLVED; same problem as above.

Other than that, everything works fine.
  • Options
    awolfeawolfe Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2009
    answer to OP's question:

yes.
  • Options
    Simall9Simall9 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    its awesome for me just the speed issue which im assuming it has to do with the game without a patch but im waiting. I'm not giving up on The sims because of some stupid glitches. They will come out with a patch as soon as possible. Everyone just needs to learn some patience. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LDYCAPONELDYCAPONE Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep, working great for me.
  • Options
    CircinaeCircinae Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know three other people personally who can't get it to run.

Is it working for anyone at all?

The game runs but I have Bose speakers (USB) and they are NOT supported so the sound is really awful. The sound is distorted and filled with static taking much of the fun of playing. I run a MacPro with advanced graphics as I design a lot of stuff on my system. I am VERY disappointed by the EA attempt at a Mac/PC dual ver.
  • Options
    evolsoulxevolsoulx Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Early 2008 Macbook Pro here. .

Run's horridly, slow-downs and lag. Have to play it on my 6 year old PC. Runs perfectly.

No idea what's wrong.
  • Options
    rapljwoprapljwop Posts: 299 New Member
    edited June 2009
    On my Dell Inspiron 1545, I've never had a problem! It installed fine and has never crashed (touch wood). I still play it on a GMA 4500MHD which is okay-ish (15fps max at 1366x768 all lowest when graphics on low and a house is present in a lot).

My desktop PC, however, encountered the CRC error. It did install eventually, but it ran terribly. My graphics card is a bad GF 7300SE and my RAM is only 1GB of DDR2 at a rubbish 533MHz. The only good thing in that machine is an old Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 - the first of Core 2 and the worst of the first (1.86GHz, 1066MHz FSB and 2MB of L2 cache which is OK I guess - the PC was from 2006).