Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchasing simpoints via SMS ? (UPDATED)

I suggest the following idea to help simmers that are not able to purchase simpoints for several reasons. Like my self for example, I live in Tunisia (google-map it if you don't know it :) ) where EA stores aren't available and purchasing online is not common that's why my parents won't let me do so (am 14 year-old boy). So, I suggest paying for simpoints throw SMS. For example, You send an SMS that costs 10$+tax and you receive a reply containing a code that you enter in the store to redeem 1000simpoints. It's quiet simple and I hope EA/thesims3.com staff see this and post a reply. It will be very helpful for those who are not able purchase simpoints and get the store's latest releases :thumbup:
I'll be also posting this in the french version of the forums hoping to get a reply :roll:

UPDATE:
This feature seems to be already available, but the issue is that not all simmers get the tab on their store home page that says "buy simpoints with your mobile phone" or something like that. So a simmer helped me on the French forum (lessims3.fr) who's Athena69 by giving me full instructions to buy simpoints via SMS with out even accessing to the store :wink:
I hope it help but another issue appeared which is not all countries can do it :(
Any way here's how to:
send an SMS to 81039 saying as text PAYMO and you will receive back a message, read and continue with given instructions.
Hope this help, am going to try it now and praying that it works! lol

Comments

• Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited August 2010
    I actually like you're idea deathnotesim :D
    it would make it easyer (and since you can already do this for transport why not points ;))
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Go here it's uuuuuu almost the same as your idea https://mobile.thesims3.com/web/lockbox/checkout?
  • Options
    elizka93elizka93 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I was actually shocked to find that we couldn't do that in the first place. I would much prefer to buy my SimPoints via mobile.
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Smalp wrote:
    Go here it's uuuuuu almost the same as your idea https://mobile.thesims3.com/web/lockbox/checkout?
    thank you for advise but it redirect me to the store's homepage instead of the mobile one, what to do please?? :roll:
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2010
    just go to the store and look up
    Buy SimPoints via your mobile phone! and click it
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Smalp wrote:
    just go to the store and look up
    Buy SimPoints via your mobile phone! and click it
    sorry but I didn't find it :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I found it go to the store => my account => buy simpoints and then on the right upper side of all the info should be a phone that says buy points with mobile phone... But eh >.>; It apperiantly costs 4 euro for 275 points :x and when you know it's 10 euro for 1000 points ... could be me though XD but nice to know you can actually do this, i never knew
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2010
    Just make sure your logged into the store and then click here on the link in the store that says "Buy Sim Points via your mobile Phone" it's under the Dail Deals
  • Options
    MumzeebMumzeeb Posts: 52
    edited August 2010
    I've also had trouble finding this, i seen at the bottom of the store page once to buy points via mobile phone, but haven't seen it since.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    sorry guys but still not seeing or finding it :cry:
  • Options
    x3Carlix3Carli Posts: 760 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This could end very badly though. What if kids who have cell phones (Some very young kids have cell phones now a days) started to send in the SMS for sim points and racked up a huge bill?

It might be unfair to some, but who would you hold accountable for that, if EA allowed for SMS buying of sim points on a site where little kids with cell phones run rampant?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    x3Carli wrote:
    This could end very badly though. What if kids who have cell phones (Some very young kids have cell phones now a days) started to send in the SMS for sim points and racked up a huge bill?

It might be unfair to some, but who would you hold accountable for that, if EA allowed for SMS buying of sim points on a site where little kids with cell phones run rampant?

I don't know, but i think most parents (atleast where i am from) give their kids one of those 15 euro call cards and not actual phone company subscription, once the 15 euro is gone they can't call nomore till their parents give them a new one, so they can keep an eye on how mutch their kids call/sms
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    anyone else can help me??
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Try to check in from time to time maybe it's kinda broken like some forum topics and they only show from time to time??
  • Options
    MisterZiiMisterZii Posts: 2,123 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I LOVE THIS IDEA. the only way I buy simpoints is via sms but it's 4€ for 275simpoints, I would love if I could send just 10 right away I end up with 1000sp
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited August 2010
    I don't find this option, too... maybe this is not available in my country :(
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2010
    Here's a screenshot hope this helps. I've highlighted where the link is :) You must be logged into the store to see the mobile option pop up.

testw.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Now i'm just plain frustrated, I've tried every suggestion that's been put forward in here and it's not working, i've clicked the link which bought me back to where i was in the first place (the stores home page), i've done the store - my account but there's no pic or link that resembles a mobile phone, on the home page there was a series of 3 pics down the bottom which showed sims using their mobile phones to purchase points, i seen that once, but it hasn't come back up again, just keeps showing me stuff i can buy from the store, if only i had the points to do this, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    someone just posted up the store home page, but under daily deals, i don't have that link, i am logged into the store. The link isn't showing up.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I give up, that picture i was talking about came up, i clicked on it, it just took me to the billing options area where i can pay with a credit card or pay pal, i guess Australians just aren't allowed to have simpoints using mobile phones.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    knazzer wrote:
    Here's a screenshot hope this helps. I've highlighted where the link is :) You must be logged into the store to see the mobile option pop up.

testw.jpg
    mm :cry: It's not available in my store home page! I even tried after changing my country
    Mumzeeb wrote:
    someone just posted up the store home page, but under daily deals, i don't have that link, i am logged into the store. The link isn't showing up.
    Same here! :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mumzeeb wrote:
    I give up, that picture i was talking about came up, i clicked on it, it just took me to the billing options area where i can pay with a credit card or pay pal, i guess Australians just aren't allowed to have simpoints using mobile phones.
    don't give up! lol
    go to the 1st post on this thread on you'll find the solution that I just found! :)
    hope it works 4 you
  • Options
    munckeimunckei Posts: 648 New Member
    edited August 2010
    We'll thats just great. :(

How can i buy simpoints if im not aloud to purchase via mobile phone.
    Im not aloud to use credit cards or paypal, so mobile phone is my only option.

Hopefully Australia and such can use the mobile option very soon (officially supported).

When i can i will try the instructions you gave in the first post, if it worked for you i hope it works for me. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've tried but didn't work 4 me! :(
    It was my last hope in purchasing simpoints! but am going to try even more
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't think the whole Paymo thing is going to work on my mobile either, it just keeps freezing.