Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• Options
    ctwmn20065ctwmn20065 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hello fellow simmers
    cannot wait for the legacy rules :]
    i have an off topic question but can some1 msg me telling me how to put those really cool siggy things
    i cant find it
    where you all have your name and its all decorated :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimsDivaDSimsDivaD Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    funkyfreshh wrote:
    simsdivad -- is wordpress an easier website to run than freewebs?
    rather, is it an easy website to update/user friendly?

Hey funkyfreshh...

I can't really say, I've never used freewebs. I switched to wordpress recently after trying blogspot. I didn't like how blogspot kept inserting every picture I uploaded at the top of the page. Very frustrating!

Wordpress has some nice features...
      Page tabs in some of the design templates
      Ability to upload many media types (pics, videos, picture galleries, etc.)
      Easy to create and link multiple blogs
      Decent widgets

It is free, so it can't hurt to try it out... If you don't like it you can always delete and move on.
  • Options
    funkyfreshhfunkyfreshh Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    aye, i'm worried freewebs might push my pics to the top of the blog, too.
    but now that i have the link set up moving would be annoying.
    but i'll definitely try out wordpress. (=
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can't wait for the Legacy! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey Pinstar, where are you from? What time zone are you in?

I'm in the Canadian Eastern time zone (GMT - 5).

One of Pinstar's posts said he recently moved to NY IRL... that would put him in the Eastern Standard (EST) time zone... same as yours ;)
  • Options
    SIMulator24SIMulator24 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    can't wait!...tomorrow...going to be sweet.
  • Options
    Ra1nbow7Ra1nbow7 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hey there! i'm actually starting to talk to people this time! anywhoo, point is, OMG THE RULES ARE COMING OUT TOMORROW! err... yea, I'm so excited, it's like a christmas I've never had. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    Can't wait for the Legacy! :wink:

i love 3oh!3 !!!!!
    saw them in concert... so great.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    aye, i'm worried freewebs might push my pics to the top of the blog, too.
    but now that i have the link set up moving would be annoying.
    but i'll definitely try out wordpress. (=

Hmmm... A suggestion... Maybe try a redirect from your current site to your new one until people get used to the new link then take down the freewebs site.
  • Options
    jortunvikrjortunvikr Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awesome.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm, I wonder if Pinstar is a night owl like all us EST time zone people online in the forums right now. ;)

The rules could be posted any second... IF he's a night owl, haha...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm... A suggestion... Maybe try a redirect from your current site to your new one until people get used to the new link then take down the freewebs site.

good idea; especially since i haven't done much with the freewebs site yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have two important things to say to Pinstar:

1. I personally don't think that you should put limitations on sims with the Kleptomaniac trait. You said yourself that there are a plethora of ways to earn money in the game, some are easier than others and that you should pick traits to help your sim get off on the right financial footing more quickly. It isn't guaranteed that they'll be multi-millionaires before they turn into fully grown adults. It's just one of those traits that happened to be useful for your sim to get a good head start. Why put limitations on that?

2. I also don't think it's right to put limitations on items you find around town (i.e: rocks, rummaging through garbage, gems, insects, fish, etc,). The few items that are worth lots of money are extremely rare and if your sim happens to be lucky enough to find one or have the Lucky trait help them out, then good for them. They used a trait of theirs to help them climb the financial ladder which is the object of the beginning of the Legacy Challenge.

P. S: I'm not biased in my arguments, because my founder doesn't have the Kleptomaniac or Lucky traits.
  • Options
    IcyKrystl91IcyKrystl91 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2009
    bump as sunday rolls around for me.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Origin I.D. :DividedByeZero
  • Options
    LilMissSunshineLilMissSunshine Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2009
    So it's Sunday here and I'm on my way to bed, but I'm impatiently waiting for the rules to be posted.

I feel like a kid in a candy store ;) -- Super excited, that is.

I've never played a legacy challenge before, but the Sims 3 seems like it would be the perfect game to try it out on :)

Already got a website set up

thelawrencefamilylegacy.wordpress.com

Good Night all
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i love how a lot of you guys wrote prologues for your legacies!
    that's so adorable <3
    i'm a west coaster so i'm still sitting up and waiting, hehehe
  • Options
    LouhemaLouhema Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    We are all waiting about Pinstar's post, even frenchie like me ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Louhema, are you from France or Quebec, Canada?

Always on the lookout for fellow Canadians, haha. *waves that little red maple leaf proudly*
  • Options
    iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimsDivaD wrote:
    Hey Pinstar, where are you from? What time zone are you in?

I'm in the Canadian Eastern time zone (GMT - 5).

One of Pinstar's posts said he recently moved to NY IRL... that would put him in the Eastern Standard (EST) time zone... same as yours ;)

lol and its currently 1:41 am in NY at the moment according to my ipod world clock. So lets everyone sit tight and keep in mind time zone diffys.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I wonder how Pinstar is going to feel when he logs back on and finds out that his thread has amassed a huge gathering of simmers the moment the clock struck midnight at different times in the world, all of them clamouring for his rules.

Flattered, I would guess. :) I'd be flattered, anyway.
  • Options
    LouhemaLouhema Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For Ashleigh825, i come frome France :) and can't stop to refresh the forum actually, impatiently!
  • Options
    Bcfn24Bcfn24 Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm excited and trying to patiently wait for the rules to come out. I created my founder Sim, but am trying not to play her much til I'm sure what I can and can't do. :)
  • Options
    drmagurl4lifedrmagurl4life Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just curious, what happens if he is asleep right now? Wouldn't that mean we have to wait longer?

I'm on the east coast, and haven't tried the challenge before, but I agree that sims3 would be the best to start it with. :D
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have two important things to say to Pinstar:

1. I personally don't think that you should put limitations on sims with the Kleptomaniac trait. You said yourself that there are a plethora of ways to earn money in the game, some are easier than others and that you should pick traits to help your sim get off on the right financial footing more quickly. It isn't guaranteed that they'll be multi-millionaires before they turn into fully grown adults. It's just one of those traits that happened to be useful for your sim to get a good head start. Why put limitations on that?

2. I also don't think it's right to put limitations on items you find around town (i.e: rocks, rummaging through garbage, gems, insects, fish, etc,). The few items that are worth lots of money are extremely rare and if your sim happens to be lucky enough to find one or have the Lucky trait help them out, then good for them. They used a trait of theirs to help them climb the financial ladder which is the object of the beginning of the Legacy Challenge.

P. S: I'm not biased in my arguments, because my founder doesn't have the Kleptomaniac or Lucky traits.

I must say I find it quite silly that you are telling someone how to make HIS challenge. If you don't want it to be in your game then don't set limits on Kleptomania or Lucky and just deal. Remember, Pinstar is doing the rest of the community a favor by putting down some rules for us to follow. The game still belongs to each individual and can be played however YOU see fit. It isn't as if this is an EA challenge that will have prizes associated. It's just a fun way to set some goals in your game.

Also - all of you that think that 12:01 am Eastern Time means the rules should be up really should attempt to calm down. Pinstar is taking time from his personal schedule to do something once again ... for the community - relax. He'll get it finished when he feels it's done. Go to bed and check back tomorrow. : )
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    drmagurl4lifedrmagurl4life Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I worded the last post from me wrong. LOL! I just read it over. Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound rude, Doesn't that always happen though, you mean to say one thing and it comes out totally different? LOL! It's only 11:00 PM. here and I have to go to bed anyway. Well, I might find a way to stay up, Maybe my rent's will go to sleep...... I just think that it's kinda silly how we ALL are obsessing over it when he is most likely asleep. :D

The only thing I hope is that someone finds a way to fix the speed issue, or I (or whoever else has the issue) is going to have a really really long legacy, time period.