The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NO DJ BOOTH? :@ (Please sign if you want DJ Booths back)

Comments

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2010
    /signed

EA we need DJ booths...and a new DJ skill :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    Izzy125Izzy125 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed.

I totally hate how they could leave out such awesome things in the game, how could you not have DJ booths in a club-related game?
  • Options
    StarQueen1o1StarQueen1o1 Posts: 214
    edited August 2010
    SIGNED!

DJ Booths were awesome! I was hoping they would bring them back..

I also wanted the dancing cages...but maybe that's too much to ask for. :oops: :roll:
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited August 2010
    /Signed

It would make sense.
  • Options
    narutovssasukenarutovssasuke Posts: 285 Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed!!! We need dj's!
  • Options
    Hazel3166Hazel3166 Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2010
    /signed :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited August 2010
    i also want to see dj booth
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I don't think DJ Booths are essential for a good night club, particularly if there is some variety in the venues (which is implied if not confirmed).

I would like to see DJ Booths make a return though, I loved them in The Sims 2 (mostly for the humour of a sim with low Creativity using them). I'm hoping they'll see how popular the DJ Booth is and add it later (they might even have a sneaky plan to release it with a Stuff Pack to make more sales, it'd probably work too).
    CK213 wrote:
    It depends on how the music is handled. What I like most about the DJ booth was you could request what type of music you wanted, or at least the tempo. I would like EA to take it farther with DJ booths that you can set for different music styles with a large list of songs and a custom list for your own music.

I agree with this, I'd like them to add a system that lets you customise music for all the stereos in your game and I'd hope that if they do add a DJ Booth it has some good options for a bit of variety (that would also help it fit into different venues more easily).
    CK213 wrote:
    Lyrics, even though it's Similish, are much more interesting to listen to than instrumental songs. I like instrumentals, but I don't want to hear nothing but instrumentals.

What I like about Simlish lyrics is that they add to the music but you don't really have to listen to the words, you can kind of make your own song based on how the music sounds and it's more about raw emotion and the themes of the music. I probably prefer instrumental music in general because I find that bad lyrics (which are disappointingly common) can ruin a perfectly good tune but if you can't understand the lyrics or they have no meaning then they become part of the music rather than something you have to listen to and process seperately. Still, a good song with the right tune can be brilliant :).
  • Options
    Simsfreak711Simsfreak711 Posts: 417 New Member
    edited August 2010
    We need the DJ's! Whats the point of a club without a DJ?

/signed
  • Options
    Hraklis943Hraklis943 Posts: 100 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks guys! :)
    The fact that you agree its great ;)
    Bump
  • Options
    KMKingmanKMKingman Posts: 269
    edited August 2010
    / SIGNED !!!!!

I agree, what in the world is wrong with them? Have to have a DJ booth in clubs !
  • Options
    gagamummygagamummy Posts: 10,160 New Member
    edited August 2010
    signed!
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bump :)
  • Options
    jrunyan700jrunyan700 Posts: 123
    edited August 2010
    I want DJ booths back! :cry:
  • Options
    tarylljdjtarylljdj Posts: 774 Member
    edited August 2010
    I would like it if they had a dj booth but also make a skill out of it. so I sign yes have a Dj booth back.
  • Options
    ElphiebaElphieba Posts: 564 New Member
    edited August 2010
    No I do not want them back :thumbdown: . (PLS I dont want to fight) You guys have to get the attention of a Guru to have the petition succeed. Or really you guys aren't going to get it. Trust me some people had a petition about bringing back the Charms of Sims1. :D
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2010
    All the nightclubs that had live bands also have DJ booths. At least all the ones I have been to.

I want the DJ and the booth back, so I am signing it.

I am excited for the live band too.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    TheAshuhlehTheAshuhleh Posts: 259
    edited August 2010
    I'm not complaining that they aren't here currently, but I would like to have a DJ booth eventually.

/Signed
  • Options
    etrnalsky4uetrnalsky4u Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Seriously?this is not the sims 2.
  • Options
    Garret360Garret360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed
  • Options
    DolceDeLuxDolceDeLux Posts: 95 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Aw, I want a DJ booth. EA, you let the people whining about a Medieval Expansion get a whole game, now let the kids techno. The kids want techno. At least I do, very badly.

Although to tell you the truth I doubt we're getting them, but to have some hope I'll sign.
  • Options
    wolak2302wolak2302 Posts: 494 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Signed.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Seriously?this is not the sims 2.
    Seriously?
    I never said its the sims 2.
    What the point of TS3 if TS2 has better features?
    Explain to me..
    Bump :wink:
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hraklis943 wrote:
    Seriously?
    I never said its the sims 2.
    What the point of TS3 if TS2 has better features?
    Explain to me..
    Bump :wink:

To be fair, they have different features and that might be the point. If they were exactly the same or The Sims 3 had only a few new features but still had all the features of The Sims 2 then people who have played The Sims 2 a lot would complain that they're not getting enough new features. I played The Sims 2 quite a lot, I wouldn't say it's worse than The Sims 3 but I play The Sims 3 these days because it has more that is new to me. There are some features from The Sims 2 that I think would improve The Sims 3 (and could even be improved if implemented in The Sims 3) but given the choice I prefer to accept that I can't use them in The Sims 3 at the moment (and maybe will never be able to) and just play the game for what it does have.

Let's say they would put DJ Booths in but they'd have to remove Pianos instead, you might be happy enough with the trade but others would probably prefer Pianos. It's just a matter of personal preference really, they can only do so much per expansion (and if you're feeling cynical it's only in their interests to do so much per expansion) and sometimes you just have to accept that the features you'd prefer were sacrificed to make room for features that others might like.

I'd love to see DJ Booths back and I probably would make the trade for Pianos myself but that's not what we're getting for now, hopefully they will add DJ Booths in the future (or maybe they'll manage to sneak them in due to popular demand). As to whether DJ Booths are a "better" feature or somehow make The Sims 2 "better", that's a matter of opinion.