Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Thirst Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    NoonlesNoonles Posts: 428 New Member
    edited July 2010
    gagamummy wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:
    Wait... I just thought of something.. If vampires die by sunlight as they did in sims 2.. what about kid vamps going to school?

there was a mod where teen vampire sims can go to night school! The kid vampires probably go to night school as well!

Lol, good idea :)
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited July 2010
    geminiagre wrote:
    Wait... I just thought of something.. If vampires die by sunlight as they did in sims 2.. what about kid vamps going to school?

they are putting in night time stuff for the vampire sims so most likly would include schooling for vampire children and teens.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That'd be cool :P
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't want to play my Sims 3 game cuz I know what I'm missing x]
  • Options
    JessTheNerdJessTheNerd Posts: 227 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm I wonder if there'll be coffins for them to sleep in?? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    iheartjackieiheartjackie Posts: 955 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm I wonder if there'll be coffins for them to sleep in?? :lol::lol:

Why wouldn’t they?

They question is if they’ll make different types of coffins--you know, like a baby coffin, a kiddie coffin, and regular coffins. Coffins for that preppy vampire to the absolutely morose fiend.
    DOUBLE COFFINS, like double beds. Lol. They could probably use sarcophaguses too.
  • Options
    LAWRENCE43566LAWRENCE43566 Posts: 298
    edited July 2010
    ohk peeps to quench a thirst they mean by plasma plasma is an somethingthat makes blood aka that is one of the ingredients of blood i think they get really hungry if they dont drink blood so i think they will have sumthin like u no in the sims 2 uni they had a fruit punch barrell i think it will be like something like that THNX 4 readin
  • Options
    LAWRENCE43566LAWRENCE43566 Posts: 298
    edited July 2010
    theres just 2 things i want to kno numba 1 do they need to eat use the toilet sleep have showers or tlk to peeps and the 2nd iz do the vampire teens vampire children have to go to school coz of the sun or do they go to nite school ?
  • Options
    chocolateaddic100chocolateaddic100 Posts: 3,048 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I swear I'm going to go into cardiac arrest when I get my fingers on this.

Then be vampirized.

I VANT TO BUY THE LATE NIGHT EXVANSION!!! MUHAHA! MUHAHAHAHA!

Ladidadida

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure why they're calling it "plasma" instead of "blood." It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a "teen" rating. Sims can burn to death, so I can't imagine they'd think that vampires drinking blood is somehow scarier than burning to death. Eh ... Sims can drink blood from people's necks without you actually seeing the blood flow from the neck.

I'm still excited about the EP, though. I hope the vampires are really scary.

EDIT: I just found this really interesting article about how the game "Oblivion" went from a teen rating to a mature rating. I may have just answered my own question by reading this article:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/03/AR2006050302415.html
    It's kind of ridiculous, because Oblivion is not that gory and not sexually explicit. I don't think they deserved a "mature" rating.

Edit again: Actually, Oblivion does have some disgusting zombies with parts falling off that are pretty gory. I forgot about those. Also, sometimes in underground caves you can find rotting dead bodies. I suppose those could give the game a "mature" rating. I take it back. Actually, Oblivion IS gory. I forgot about that stuff. Never mind.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I actually don't like the whole "vampire babies" thing. Vampires aren't supposed to be able to reproduce; they're kind of, I don't know, dead. But I have a feeling TS3 vamps will be a lot less cheesy than TS2 vamps. Look at how dark the World Adventures mummies were. Those things are very hard to beat in a fight (my Sim with lvl 10 Athletic and lvl 10 Martial Arts, as well as the Disciplined and Athletic traits, and having completed all the MA challenges, including the one that makes it unlikely you'll loose a sparring match, just recently lost to a mummy), and if you loose, you could get cursed, which kills you.

Nor do I like that there's no reaction to vampires. I'm sorry, but if a vampire walked by you on the street, you'd notice. And probably freak. It's just not very realistic any other way. It'd be better if maybe they included it for non-playable Sims, the townies, but that any commands you have been giving your Sim will override it, if that makes sense?
    Penelope wrote:
    I'm not sure why they're calling it "plasma" instead of "blood." It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a "teen" rating. Sims can burn to death, so I can't imagine they'd think that vampires drinking blood is somehow scarier than burning to death. Eh ... Sims can drink blood from people's necks without you actually seeing the blood flow from the neck.

EDIT: I just found this really interesting article about how the game "Oblivion" went from a teen rating to a mature rating. I may have just answered my own question by reading this article. It's kind of ridiculous, because Oblivion is not that gory and not sexually explicit. I don't think they deserved a "mature" rating.

Never played Oblivion, so I don't know about that. But I think that there's a difference between someone burning to death and someone drinking blood from someone else. The same way that World Adventures had "nectar" instead of wine. Don't worry; within five minutes of its release, someone will have created a mod to change "plasma" to "blood". :D
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited July 2010
    me too am so excited 4 vampires! they're so cool and sexy!! :twisted:
  • Options
    ClaireyyyClaireyyy Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I can't wait for vampires. :mrgreen: I hope they're darker than TS2 ones. Very pleased about the thirst aspect. I'm intrigued about vampire children...

• Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Man, this is reminding me of True Blood. xD I can just picture my sim walking into a bar and ordering some "plasma drinks"... a.k.a. True Blood. XD
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited July 2010
    whn I had a vamp in sims2 everytime she got preggo she went bald! lol
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That happened to mine, too, tori104! O_O Changing the hairstyle with the mirror seemed to fix it for me. xD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yeah, I figured that out after wandering around bald for a while, I just stuck with it once cuz it was funny! Did they have pointy ears, I forget. . .
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nope, you're thinking of plant sims I believe. xD
  • Options
    amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2010
    There better be a Buffy included with this.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ahh, yes! never could get one of those! I just played with the one they gave us, and had her have TONS of kids! It was fun because I had cheats so it was easy to keep them happy, but in ts3 I try to play without cheats, and triplets are SUCH a pain. I wonder if your vampires will be able to get a fertility treatment? and you can have vampire triplets!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    YES, amieechu. xD They might not be able to have stakes (it'd raise that precious T for Teen rating,) but there has to be SOME way they could do that. XD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    amieechu wrote:
    There better be a Buffy included with this.

but that would involve vampire slayings! :shock: if EA doesn't let sims murder other sims, I doubt they'll let us stake vamps.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure 'someone' will help us out with that xD

I kinda hope someone makes a Buffy sim. I know what I'l do then >D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sameee! xD Good-bye any and all ugly vamps! lol. All the purty ones get to survive another night. >__< XD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hahaa by another night you mean, "Live to spend the night" ;D