Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I found the elevators!

Comments

• Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited July 2010
    I hope we get different styled elevators.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited July 2010
    LoCatus wrote:
    Nah That not an elevator.. It's the TS3 version of the Futurama suicide booth..[/quote

Good one! :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimCrazyGrl333SimCrazyGrl333 Posts: 1,204 New Member
    edited July 2010
    You can see them in the club too behind the busty girl, because at first I thought the little blue panel thing was a window till I noticed them behind it.

[img]http://i1.cdnds.net/10/29/550w_gaming_sims3night.jpg "height=450 width=600"[/img]

Oh, I didn't notice that! Thanks! :D

And is that blue panel a half wall?
    I think it's that glass fence, from base game, y'know the one??
    Oh and her breast? Sooooo photo shopped!
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited July 2010
    You can see them in the club too behind the busty girl, because at first I thought the little blue panel thing was a window till I noticed them behind it.

[img]http://i1.cdnds.net/10/29/550w_gaming_sims3night.jpg "height=450 width=600"[/img]

Oh, I didn't notice that! Thanks! :D

And is that blue panel a half wall?
    I think it's that glass fence, from base game, y'know the one??
    Oh and her breast? Sooooo photo shopped!

Haha :lol:
  • Options
    ChouxieChouxie Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2010
    They look like a wall pattern in the Wall Paneling section. They come as a barn red color.

I think there are NO elevators in THOSE pics. Not saying there won't be, though, but look at it again.

2vtpowo.jpg

These are on a half building, and half-attached to another building. They're just another wall pattern.

And look, ingame, it's in the Wall Paneling section.

20ihxdc.jpg

Sorreh the pic is dark, but you get my point.

And so, the elevator myth is debunked. For now, anyway.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Actually, if you look at the wallpaper on teh far right you'll notice that there's a different pattern that's currently not in the game (as far as I've seen). You're pointing out the wallpapers that look like the one's you've highlighted, but how do you explain the X pattern on the far right? ;)
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2010
    It could just be fancy decorating, but that'd be a pretty big coincidence then.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MooMonkey wrote:
    Actually, if you look at the wallpaper on teh far right you'll notice that there's a different pattern that's currently not in the game (as far as I've seen). You're pointing out the wallpapers that look like the one's you've highlighted, but how do you explain the X pattern on the far right? ;)

I said, I think they're going to be another wall pattern. EA's done this before, where something is made out to be something that it is not. If there were elevators, I think they'd be mentioned SOMEWHERE, don't you agree?

Plus there's the fact that we haven't seen an elevator door yet. I suppose you can't use one without one . . .
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited July 2010
    I would definitely think that if there's penthouses and apartments, there could be a good chance elevators would be involved.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would definitely think that if there's penthouses and apartments, there could be a good chance elevators would be involved.

I'm not saying there's not going to be, but we have stairs. And we haven't seen elevators yet. And you know EA might do something like that. :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We've only gotten a trailer and an interview so far. What makes you so sure that they would have said something about elevators? They haven't said anything about objects, they've only shown around 5 new objects in the trailer and that's it.

If it was closer to the release date I might have an easier time agreeing with you about the fact that they would have mentioned it at some point, but we don't really even know anything about this EP yet other than it's set in the city, there are clubs, and you can live in penthouses.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MooMonkey wrote:
    We've only gotten a trailer and an interview so far. What makes you so sure that they would have said something about elevators? They haven't said anything about objects, they've only shown around 5 new objects in the trailer and that's it.

If it was closer to the release date I might have an easier time agreeing with you about the fact that they would have mentioned it at some point, but we don't really even know anything about this EP yet other than it's set in the city, there are clubs, and you can live in penthouses.

Exactly, but I wouldn't set my expectations so high, because when they advertise, they almost always make out the game to be more than it actually is. I feel sure because EA always undermines a little, but then again, I may be setting my expectations too low.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, it's good to set expectations pretty low, but you're acting like we should have heard something about elevators by now and what I'm saying is they have around 3 more months to tell us about it so why would you be so sure they would have told us within a week of the first bit of info we've gotten?
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Chouxie wrote:
    They look like a wall pattern in the Wall Paneling section. They come as a barn red color.

I think there are NO elevators in THOSE pics. Not saying there won't be, though, but look at it again.

2vtpowo.jpg

These are on a half building, and half-attached to another building. They're just another wall pattern.

And look, ingame, it's in the Wall Paneling section.

20ihxdc.jpg

Sorreh the pic is dark, but you get my point.

And so, the elevator myth is debunked. For now, anyway.

Ah, but look at the part you highlighted on the right. Two out of three of those panels are completly different, and if I might add, are identical to the eleavators in the sims 2. You can clearly see that the left part of that section is not the same wall. Therefore, the elavator myth is not debunked...yet. :wink:
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'd love for there to be elevators in LN, it does make sense. But I agree with MooMonkey, they might pull a swift one on us. It's been only a few days since it was announced, so anything is possible.

You know, whenever I look at pics of the 2 story club (with the shot of the second floor and suspected elevator doors) and the back of the club, it really brings me back to my trips to the Electric Factory in Philly :lol: I love this EP already. Or at least the look and feel to it.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2010
    Those are sims 2 images.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    ParanoianaParanoiana Posts: 34
    edited July 2010
    Those are sims 2 images.
    Err what? Which ones? :?: I don't think I've seen any...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The ones in the first post
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited July 2010
    The ones in the first post

Those are from the Sims 3 Late Night trailer. Except the second one, which the OP is showing a comparison.
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited July 2010
    We need elevators. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh, i couldnt see clearly, that first image is very blurry.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2010
    I hope there are elevators. I miss them. I also am excited about apartments and penthouses. I miss them. :mrgreen:

Off topic: PsychYourMind, are you from Philly or were you just visiting?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, we definitely need elevators, but all I'm trying to say is 1. Some of those AREN'T elevators, therefore part of your myth is debunked (I guess I should've been more clear about that), 2. It might BE a wall pattern, because you know how EA is, they'll do anything to get you to BUY the game, but not neccessarily make it everything it's cracked up to be.

To sum it up, some of those are wall patterns, and my prediction about the other ones is that they're just another wall pattern. While you may not agree, that's what I think, and I'll stick to it until further notice.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited July 2010
    Chouxie wrote:
    Yeah, we definitely need elevators, but all I'm trying to say is 1. Some of those AREN'T elevators, therefore part of your myth is debunked (I guess I should've been more clear about that), 2. It might BE a wall pattern, because you know how EA is, they'll do anything to get you to BUY the game, but not neccessarily make it everything it's cracked up to be.

To sum it up, some of those are wall patterns, and my prediction about the other ones is that they're just another wall pattern. While you may not agree, that's what I think, and I'll stick to it until further notice.

Apparently, their stratergy works time after time. EA will not come out directly and say there will be elevators, you have to wait until day of release. I am not going to get all choked up about a elevator. I am still pumped about the EP though. :D:D:D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited July 2010
    IN the meantime, you do know that sims can climb up the fireman pole right? I know I mentioned this in another post but it comes in handy if you have a small attic. :D