Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here is an idea...

Alexurt1Alexurt1 Posts: 3,328 New Member
So everyday on The Sims 3 official Facebook page and even on these forums...there are MANY people who have BAD CC in there game...downloaded directly from an unofficial site...or by downloading from the exchange (and they have no idea how to check items before downloading into their game). I try to help out as many people as I can to help them remove this bad CC. :roll:

So here is an idea...

Why not completely WIPE the exchange...and put in a filter that does not allow ANY unofficial CC uploaded to exchange from creations? This would be a win/win situation for both players and EA.

1) Players will no longer have damaged games and perhaps some ranting can stop.

2) Players will be forced to buy items directly from the store if they want new hairs/clothes etc. and want their creation uploaded.
WIN for EA!

Just a thought, because most people who do not know to use Delphys Tool or even bother to look into it...are just damaging other players games because no one bothers to check whats in the downloads. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    CloverStarDropperCloverStarDropper Posts: 1,873 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Uhhh...
    No.
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Bad idea. Just take out T$R and it's all good.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zachemc2 wrote:

There are lots of other sites though with bad CC... :oops:

I personally dont use CC...but ive seen quite a few bad ones from many sites
  • Options
    mariomaniac86mariomaniac86 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2010
    its a good idea to wipe the exchange get rid of the doll `shivers` but not the filter, i wouldn't have all my nice custom skins, objects clothes and hairs, + as Zachemec said Sims recourse is bad, they produce the faulty content that plagues our games, and charge for half of it too.:/
  • Options
    ub111131ub111131 Posts: 163 New Member
    edited July 2010
    its a good idea to wipe the exchange get rid of the doll `shivers` but not the filter, i wouldn't have all my nice custom skins, objects clothes and hairs, + as Zachemec said Sims recourse is bad, they produce the faulty content that plagues our games, and charge for half of it too.:/

Wiping the exchange alone won't stop new files from being uploaded
  • Options
    mariomaniac86mariomaniac86 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2010
    mod the sims, Garden of shadows and Anubis` LJ are the places i get my CC, And I have no problems. Just be careful with what you download... :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alexurt1 wrote:
    Zachemc2 wrote:

There are lots of other sites though with bad CC... :oops:

I personally dont use CC...but ive seen quite a few bad ones from many sites
    TSR is the main site, though. :?
  • Options
    AltaiAltai Posts: 1,399
    edited July 2010
    Alexurt1 wrote:

:roll:

You seem to be doing more ranting than anyone else, Just saying. :?

Plus: It's most The Resource with all the bad files. I download from MTS & Rose Sims occasionally.
  • Options
    BattiBoopBattiBoop Posts: 580 New Member
    edited July 2010
    But then the concept of "custom" won't be present in the game. I agree to the fact that a filter should be in place to remove harmful CC but to allow perfectly fine CC up for people to share.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Altai wrote:
    Alexurt1 wrote:

Im not ranting... I have no issues with my game..I just feel bad for the poor people who are having issues and thinking that this might help others out..
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited July 2010
    As someone who doesn't use CC you probably don't realise how much of a kicker it would be to not use it in uploads... :P

I just wouldn't upload Sims EVAR if I couldn't use CC. Tis a problem though ennit- the exchange badness, which is why I don't download from it at all anymore :?

The whole problem though could probably fixed by better moderation of exchange uploads, but it ain't gonna happen cause time is money and all that jazz.
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alexurt1 wrote:
    Altai wrote:
    Alexurt1 wrote:

Im not ranting... I have no issues with my game..I just feel bad for the poor people who are having issues and thinking that this might help others out..
    Players will be forced to buy items directly from the store if they want new hairs/clothes etc. and want their creation uploaded.
    You dont seem to feel bad for the "poor people" at all. They'll be actually poor, in that case.
    And this
    Why not completely WIPE the exchange...and put in a filter that does not allow ANY unofficial CC uploaded to exchange from creations? This would be a win/win situation for both players and EA.
    That would be really unfair to Sim-Creators who use CC. A lot of people use it.
  • Options
    MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited July 2010
    I dont use CC, and i dont care for people who use ;) EA and Simmers already told them not to use these CC anyway, so why should i care ?!!! if we said and they are still making the same mistakes :S
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You dont seem to feel bad for the "poor people" at all. They'll be actually poor, in that case.

Noone would be forcing the players to buy the store stuff, so i don't see how they'd be poor. Unless they actually have no self control whatsoever and has to buy everything they see, in which case, is a whole diffrent problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If people werent allowed to use CC in uploads, that would be really unfair. The upload rate would probably drop as well, since a lot of people use CC.
    Most CC content is arguably better than basegame and EP content.
    Heck, I wouldnt ever upload again if I couldnt use CC. :?
    I understand that people who dont use CC dont care about it at all, but you have to understand and be fair to the other site of the argument.
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I have evidence of TSR messing with games in the thread I just posted.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I dont use CC, and i dont care for people who use ;) EA and Simmers already told them not to use these CC anyway, so why should i care ?!!! if we said and they are still making the same mistakes :S

If you don't care then why did you make that post, And I don't call anyone asking if you cared or not. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ub111131 wrote:

Noone would be forcing the players to buy the store stuff, so i don't see how they'd be poor. Unless they actually have no self control whatsoever and has to buy everything they see, in which case, is a whole diffrent problem.
    Creators use CC to make their Sims look better and different, instead of just having basegame clones. :? The only way that people could have their sims look anything different (or better, for that matter) would be to spend money of virtual items when they could easily just download things from trusted sites, suppouse this goes through.
    That would be completely unfair to CC-users, even if non-CC users dont give two cents about us.
    Heck, most store content hair doesnt look as good as CC hair. They'd basically be FORCED to spend money if they wanted some new content to upload a Sim with
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If people werent allowed to use CC in uploads, that would be really unfair. The upload rate would probably drop as well, since a lot of people use CC.
    I understand that people who dont use CC dont care about it at all, but you have to understand and be fair to the other site of the argument.

It is also unfair for those who do use CC to be spreading corrupt files and packages like wildfire. Since the CC makes CC users' creations look "better" they download it and then have no idea whats getting into their game.
  • Options
    MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited July 2010
    @altai, sorry if i seemed a little bit rude lol, i dont know why I talked like that, anyway, im just saying that some people have really serious problems from CC and keep downloading :S and then they come here and say, ohh I hate EA .. my game lags .....
    well, i used to have many problems before, when i used CC and MODS... but now im a CC/Mod FREE simmer and my game work PERFECT, no lag, no crash, no nothing and saving takes like 0.5 minute :D
    anyway, i dont care abt people who use them, that means we can do nothing, thats whats i mean ....

PS. sorry for my english
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alexurt1 wrote:

It is also unfair for those who do use CC to be spreading corrupt files and packages like wildfire. Since the CC makes CC users' creations look "better" they download it and then have no idea whats getting into their game.
    \

This makes sense, That's why people who don't use CC should avoid downloading anything that looks unfamiliar to there games.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @altai, sorry if i seemed a little bit rude lol, i dont know why I talked like that, anyway, im just saying that some people have really serious problems from CC and keep downloading :S and then they come here and say, ohh I hate EA .. my game lags .....
    well, i used to have many problems before, when i used CC and MODS... but now im a CC/Mod FREE simmer and my game work PERFECT, no lag, no crash, no nothing and saving takes like 0.5 minute :D
    anyway, i dont care abt people who use them, that means we can do nothing, thats whats i mean ....

PS. sorry for my english

I get what your saying now, People should just be more knowledgeable about what they download before they install it into their games.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't use CC myself, sept what little store bought stuff i got, if that even counts. I feel letting CC be uploaded with Sims is annoying cause i can't download a lot of different Sims cause they have CC on them. If the official exchange were made to not accept CC, people like me wouldn't have to go to look so hard for a sim that won't install something else into their game.

I think since players who use CC have to go off the official site anyways to find it, they should also have to go to find Sims using them in similar places. Places like MTS is a great place to find Sims with CC on them. That way CC problems are left offa this forums and onto theres, where it belongs.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Altai wrote:
    Alexurt1 wrote:

\

This makes sense, That's why people who don't use CC should avoid downloading anything that looks unfamiliar to there games.

when most of the players are kids that do not know any better...they will download it because CC made it look better.. :roll:

and this is why people who use CC should use more imagination with game items rather than skins and hairs because "they made the creation better"

• Options
    edited July 2010
    ub111131 wrote:

Creators use CC to make their Sims look better and different, instead of just having basegame clones. :? The only way that people could have their sims look anything different (or better, for that matter) would be to spend money of virtual items when they could easily just download things from trusted sites, suppouse this goes through.
    That would be completely unfair to CC-users, even if non-CC users dont give two cents about us.
    Heck, most store content hair doesnt look as good as CC hair. They'd basically be FORCED to spend money if they wanted some new content to upload a Sim with

Just so you know, it's an opinion, not a fact, that sims with CC look better. I personaly find the games choices look better. but to each there own i guess. I just don't wanna have to deal with other peoples opinion of "better looking", corrupting my game.