Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grass on the roads

Is anyone else effected by this? More time than not, when I place, remove or move a lot and then zoom down, grass appears over the road, it could be a small amount or could be a huge amount that covers the whole road. I think it might have come up before Ambitions, but now with being able to place/remove/move lots, its happening a lot more. Is this something that can (and will) be fixed, or do we have to put up with it?

I have to save every time I place/remove/move one lot if it fits without the road being covered, because I know there is a big chance the next one could mess up.

Comments

• Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited June 2010
    See this a lot when using CAW... Something about how the terrain and road interact is causing "tearing" of the road texture. Don't know if they are working on a fix. I know with CAW most of it can be sorted by "smoothing" the road.

But.... We don't have that option in the in-game world editor yet.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    While in neighborhood view Go in world edit and click the little tabs on the top, if it is bushes in the way click bushes and then go remove the grass in the road. It does not need a fix. You can now add and remove any thing in the hood, not just on lots.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited June 2010
    You cant remove the grass that is in the road.. There is nothing clickable.. The grass that is under the road appears on the top when you zoom in. Its not a item.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    i have noticed when i try to put lots down or move them it happens try to put it back slightly from the road its only a temp fix but it stops the grass showing if your lots to near to the road it shows the grass i have noticed in twinbrook road are very uneven so going really close causes road to lifted then grass shows.
  • Options
    GenaeveGenaeve Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yep, this is certainly driving me crazy. I really wish we could find out why this is happening. I've been trying to fiddle around with the graphic options, but that doesn't seem to be fixing it. :cry:
  • Options
    PickeringPickering Posts: 71 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This is also driving me crazy! Even when I delete the lots, there is still grass showing on the road...