Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverglade bug/issues report thread

Comments

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited April 2010
    Here is link to pic of a "levitating" rock, lol - http://dolldrms1.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album04&id=nevergladelevitatingrock It is located in that lovely collection area up from the science center and before the bridge.

Funny thing is that it doesn't look all that out of place. The area has a sort of magical feel, so it almost fits right in, :) I tried to take the pic from an angle to help you find it more easily, since there are multi rocks that size in the area.

I am still very much enjoying exploring this world and again thank you for sticking with it and sharing it with the community.

Edited to fix link
    Edited again to add that I just saw your reply. I think a list collected for a bit is a good thing so you can then work on several issues, leastwise, those you want to. So far, no game breaking sort of issue that needs immediate attention.

Also a comment on the cribs. I would venture to say the two most widely used SP mods are AwesomeMod and Twallan's SP. I, myself, use Twallans unless I'm testing a world out before deciding whether or not to keep it. I always test in a vanilla game. Anyway, AwesomeMod does require cribs for breeding and Twallan's can too, if one wants that. There is an option to turn off home inspection in Twallan's mod. Because I opt to require cribs, I do end up with setup saves for user created worlds, if I end up having to physically check for cribs. Just as an FYI for you. I don't think a world builder should have to worry about providing the cribs but as a home is built, it would be nice to indicate in the description of the home if a crib is included, i.e. 3bedroom, 2bath, crib, etc..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Moonseeker23Moonseeker23 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I've noticed in the park outside of Town Hall that my active sims complain about being unable to move. Couldn't figure out why since nothing was blocking them. When they try to go the stereo to work out they get the route fail, again no clue why. They at least don't have problems dancing to the music though.
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited April 2010
    Isabel83 wrote:
    I love love love the world, it's fantastic! I am having one problem, basement tool crashing. As soon as I clicked the basement tool, it crashed to desktop. I have never had this problem before. It's not a big deal, I just won't build any and I also don't think there is anything you can do about it, just though I would let you know
    Pyronium3 wrote:
    Did you install the new patch so you could play this world? That might be it. Otherwise I have no idea. It doesn't happen in my game, and I haven't heard other people about it. Even if it did have something to do with Neverglade I'd have no idea how to fix that! :lol:

I already had the patch so I don't think it's to do with that. It's not a big deal anyway, I think my game is just being annoying!. I have found a work around that I will try. I so love this world! Been playing it everyday since it came out and haven't had any other issues, thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    I am one of those goofy people who uses Twallan's SP mod to make sure to check for cribs before a family can have children, but if a person isn't using a mod like that, then yes, Sims all over town will have babies cribs or not. The reason I do have it use the crib check is so that I don't end up with a repeat of what happened in my original Sunset Valley, where Sims had babies and toddlers all over the place, blocking paths.

Even so, if a world creator doesn't use those kind of mods they aren't necessarily going to think of that, and I'm not going to get my nose out of joint if I have to add cribs to a dozen or so houses. I figure it's a world builder's choice whether or not to add that kind of thing based on their play style, and with the demographics option of Twallan's Super Computer mod I can check easily to see how many houses have cribs, and if I don't see enough listed compared to the number of houses I start scouring around to add more.

Anyway, I think I'm finally going to load up Neverglade today and take a look around, maybe move over a family and play in it for a while. :D
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    catvonpaxtoncatvonpaxton Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh...i really thought it is by default that they have to have the cribs - maybe because i use awesomemod from the beginning...
    really liked the idea earlier mentioned, to add the cribs in the house describtion..maybe the best way to deal with the problem for future worlds!

Enjoying each minute so far in this world!!! :D
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited April 2010
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    Here is link to pic of a "levitating" rock, lol

Thanks for pointing that out one as well. Floating rocks aren't good!

Thanks for filling me in on those mods. I see now why it can be annoying to have few cribs around town. Still, I designed this world to suit the vanilla game. People can add their own things if they really need them - such as cribs! :mrgreen:

I'll keep the cribs in mind for a future update though. This includes possibly adding them to lot descriptions.
    I've noticed in the park outside of Town Hall that my active sims complain about being unable to move. Couldn't figure out why since nothing was blocking them. When they try to go the stereo to work out they get the route fail, again no clue why. They at least don't have problems dancing to the music though.

You mean Maple square? The central park? I'll have to go check that out. I did notice Sims go waving their hands around in front of the City hall. They do that when they want to view the statue that's on top of the foundation. I didn't really care for it and wanted the statue elevated, so I left it like that. :wink:
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Anyway, I think I'm finally going to load up Neverglade today and take a look around, maybe move over a family and play in it for a while.

Great! Very eager to hear what you think about it. :D

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.
  • Options
    sandvichsandvich Posts: 20
    edited April 2010
    There is a house in the game, one of the fancy rich people ones that has some problems.

The two that I noticed was that when my sim went to visit that house (I put another sim in it earlier) she wouldn't be able to ring the door bell, like something was in her way or something was on the door that shouldn't be there, but when I played the house I didn't notice anything wrong. Also when building a basement it causes the game to instantly crash to desktop. This is the only house I attempted to visit and add on a basement level.

Give me two seconds (more like 10 minutes) to load up the game and I will give you the address. EDIT: : august trail 32 bayview 4br, 3ba

There was also a minor thing that I'm not sure is worth telling you about, in another house one of the light fixtures was placed on top of a window and it didn't look quite right. It's on the second story, in the one hallway the house has. The window itself faces the street. I'll get you the address for this one too in a quick sec.

EDIT: : little mary 1br 1ba mellow creek 900

Also, this was weird but at first the rabbit holes had names from Sunset Valley but then they switched to what they are now.

Lastly, this isn't a bug exactly, but I noticed that with as large of a map that this is, it's very easy to get a lot of rocks and insects. Easier than Riverview and Sunset Valley. I mean they work fine but it also skews your neighborhood to be a little easier to earn money in. Collecting is my favorite thing to do. I think I get more from that collection area, and the areas surrounding it more from the entire map of Riverview and Sunset Valley.

I am running version 1.2, and I also still have that brown square.

All that said though, I love Neverglade. It's gorgeous, I wish there were more trees but that would also make it more difficult to run and I can make that compromise especially since I need to upgrade my computer anyways. I don't mind so much that it's empty because now I can create my own town. I also love the details in the elevation in the mountains and the little sun pattern in the collection area next to the military base and science lab. It has a lot of spots that looked carved out by glacial activity which remind me in a way of where I live too. After all is said and done, I can't wait to see what you create next. Brilliantly done!

EDIT: Hurr hurr somebody is edit happy tonight!
    There's no research books in the library that I could find, they're all novels. I had a poor sim that wanted to read a book on Handiness 2 but she ended up having to save up simoleons instead.
  • Options
    TarmTarm Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I found floating trees near the graveyard.
    Screenshot-73.jpg
    Sorry for bad english because I'm just 11 years old kid from thailand.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Is there a reason why some people are having these issue while others are not?
  • Options
    sandvichsandvich Posts: 20
    edited April 2010
    Is there a reason why some people are having these issue while others are not?
    Not everyone has the same computer. Not everyone has noticed the same problems as everyone else, and maybe for them the map downloaded funny and they should reinstall it. Honestly this game is pretty dang buggy if you just run it vanilla.

Thought I would mention else something that I discovered. That same house that wouldn't let me build a basement without crashing to desktop? Can't make a pool either. Ok well there is already a pool and adding onto it is bad so don't touch it. Also, when burglars show up it kinda breaks the game, the previous home I had running worked just fine for robberies. I have two brave sims in this buggy house and when they run down to fight her, after all is said and done the burglar just stands there. The only way to fix the problem was to do that "resetsim burglar's name" cheat so she would disappear. I installed an alarm on the outside, which is something I normally do anyways, and changed the front door of the house (the front door was the door leading out from the garage into this hallway that lead to the pool and the stairway upstairs for some reason?) but I still had to cheat.

Man I like this house. :( The construction of the it looks simple enough, what happened? D: I'm kinda debating if I would be better off just rebuilding the **** thing myself but man that takes effort and everything! :(

EDIT: Oh hey, censor.

I forgot to mention I'm running an ATI Radeon 2000 series video card. I got 2 gb ram and I run this on Windows XP, I think that's all the info you need? Perhaps some of these graphics issues could be connect to our video cards. He'd still have to fix it but we might learn something from the CAW program itself.

EDIT: Ran into another burglar last time I played and things worked fine, so I may have forgotten when I made this post. Sorry about that. Seems that setting the front door as the front door fixed that problem. Either way I would recommend getting rid of this house entirely. It's beautiful but its too buggy. I'm afraid to touch the fireplace. D:
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited April 2010
    hi Pyronium, I have downloaded your world and it is absolutely amazing..I love it.. one thing I wanted to know is about the cache files..they don't seem to get any larger with game play.. do you know if this is a problem that needs to be corrected :?: I just don't want to get to much time invested if I will have to loose it all... thank you so much for sharing this world.. :D

edit: I didn't think that this posted :?
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited April 2010
    hi Pyronium, I have downloaded your world and it is absolutely amazing..I love it.. one thing I wanted to know is about the cache files..they don't seem to get any larger with game play.. do you know if this is a problem that needs to be corrected :?: I just don't want to get to much time invested if I will have to loose it all... thank you so much for sharing this world.. :D
    and I noticed that one of the houses doesn't show up.. don't remember the address but it is one of three mansions..
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am finally getting a little bit of an opportunity to check out Neverglade, moved a family in yesterday. So far, though, I haven't got a lot of actual play time in because I've been spending too much time trying to set everything up so that the Sims who move into town actually have somewhere affordable to live.

One issue I have run into is that in the beautiful library (which I absolutely love, BTW) only one style of bookcase has been used. This means Sims don't have access to most of the books that should be available in the library. For some ridiculous reason known only to the programmers, books are available only in certain bookcases.

Another thing I'm finding a bit undesirable is that too many of the stock houses were plopped on the map. I know you built a ton of absolutely gorgeous houses and I much appreciate those, but I would have preferred empty lots to stock houses because those stock houses are poorly designed and most of them won't house a real family.

There aren't nearly enough starter homes. I think so far I've found six or seven, and a couple of those I had to "wandhere" (awesomemod feature) in order to make them affordable. Most of the starters available will house only two Sims. The problem with this is that a LOT of people use mods that prevent new Sim families from moving into just any house in town, as in if a family doesn't have the cash when they move in (and we all know they won't), they aren't going to be able to buy the big, fancy house on the hill. Starting a town under these circumstances requires at least a dozen true starter homes so the Sims can move in, get married, start their families, and have a few affordable options for moving if need be.

Overall it's an extremely well-built and beautiful town, definitely a keeper.
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I played a little bit last night also for the first time.

I had a few issues with the one house I have played - Old Town 90 is the name of it. I noticed two things while playing. One of the upstairs double beds is set against a recessed wall with windows - but having it placed here makes both sides of the bed inaccessible.

Also, downstairs in the kitchen, my sims could not access the stove. I couldn't figure out why until I turned the angle of the house and realized that the overhead cabinets are not against the wall but actually hanging in the center of the room and blocking the stove's access. (They hang low and the sims cannot stand underneath them).

I have little by little been checking out the rest of the world. I have not had any routing issues (outside of the one house I played) yet. The world is very beautiful and colorful. I look forward to spending more time playing in it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm glad you mentioned that, Diskette. I made a note to try to remember to check that the next time I played.

I know it's my OCPD but I have a hard time bringing myself to put starter homes with the fancier ones. I know part of that is also because I like to have a run-down area of town where the houses aren't all freshly painted. That's one place where I like a bit of realism.

I rounded up a few junky starter homes from an old town of mine thinking I would clear out a few of the stock plops and place some of those. Trying to find someplace to plop junky houses is next to impossible. I love all the cute little neighborhoods within the town and finally have only starters (most of which are already filled with families) in the tiny area near the center that has five or six lots, but it would be a great benefit if there was one area out yonder, maybe even out by the military base, that had a half-dozen more 20x30 sized lots. Considering some town editing abilities are supposed to happen in the next expansion pack I may have to put Neverglade on hold until then so I can fix it. That's not a huge issue, though. It's not like I don't already have four other worlds and am working on another.
  • Options
    beautycoobeautycoo Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited May 2010
    Im just upset cos it says i need a software update to get it - and i don't know what it means! my launcher is updated to th enewest thing, i have world adventures, and even high-end loft stuff! i do't know why it won't let me download... I mean, i don't care if there's a few odd issues, i just wanna be able to use it for my story... it's just so gorgeous - and so im waaaaaaaaaaay pi- ehem. annoyed at TS3 and their dumb problems. Grrrrrrrrrrr... :evil: :x :shock: :!: :? :evil: :evil: :( :evil:
  • Options
    jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    edited May 2010
    WOW! THIS WORLD IS THE BEST MOD EVER! Dude this mod is mind blowing. I perfer this mod over any other Hands down! playing the game i only found one problem but that depends how you look at it. whenever i click the edit town and click pool my game crashes. Its cool with me anyway because I was just messing around with with another lots pool ive not had a need to put in a pool. that was the only thing i found the whole time. This mod was well worth waiting for. Totally good job! And thank you for sharing :)
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2010
    Playing the save file provided by Rusalka and found this sidewalk fade behind Summit St. 4.

f54rup.jpg

Sorry, it's a little dark, it was taken at dusk.
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited May 2010
    ok, so i took on the challenge making all of the rabbit holes using that rug thing, but so far i have made the graveyard, and in my personal opinion, its SUPER cool(:
    i spent a long time working on the tombs under it. they go as far down as possible, and the very end is "king Neverglades Tomb" where there is his sarcophagus and stuff, but there are no traps, i cant figure that out yet, haha.

This is the graveyard/tomb i created. i hope you like it!
  • Options
    ayzcravaayzcrava Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I played for about an hour and it runs fine for me. I'm going to delete the Bayview lot because of the reported problems with it and see if I can fix the minor issues in 'edit town'.
  • Options
    palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having issues with it crashing to desktop/Finder (on a Mac) whenever I go to the Old Town section of the map after the latest Ambitions update (4.2.32). Other areas of town play just fine, but it's consistent with every time I try to go to that area of town that it will just crash.

Could this be because of the update?
  • Options
    FeatherLightFeatherLight Posts: 183
    edited July 2010
    I am having trouble with the download...its at my launcher, files saved, but it will not show as a choice when starting a new game..is there something i am missing? (download went as normal, no problems)
  • Options
    EllyNightEllyNight Posts: 281
    edited September 2010
    I would love to see the town but theres a problem. I downloaded both ways, though the exchange and through the link. It installed perfectly, now when I click on start a new saved game it'll take me to Neverglade's loading screen. The bar would just go up a bit and then I suppose the game would just crash. When it crashes all it does is send me back to my desktop. No message or anything, just everytime I try loading Neverglade. I tried Riverview and everything's great. It's just Neverglade. I don't have WA but I see people playing without it so I'm not sure what the problem could be, any help?

EDIT- I tried unistalling it and re-installing it but nothing..
  • Options
    Luongo22Luongo22 Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    EllyNight: I have the same problem with Neverglade.
    All other worlds works fine but not Neverglade...pity!
  • Options
    KestieFreehawkKestieFreehawk Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2011
    I am here to report that Neverglade is the least bug prone map I have played. I garden, I adventure, I busk in the subways I added myself. I love this map and am worried that the small details people are bugging about are something that will stop the map. I dont want to see that happen because this map makes some of the greatest pics and backgrounds I have shot. The designer stages each lot for scenery. The art is perfect. I have every lot packed with sims and am trying to be creative in adding more. Its fully stocked with sims. I have customized every house. ITS PLAYABLE!!!!