May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA.

I have had enough. I'm tired of bugs, glitches, and all sorts of sims 3 nonsense. It seems every week or every patch it's something different and since im sure at least one of you reads these forums you can tell that i am not alone. I'm a long time fan, been with you since the original. I understand i am a mere spec in the EA empire but this game is ***. I'm sorry. You will no longer be my gaming guilty pleasure, i will no longer admit to liking your games..i will no longer defend this series to my friends.

After hundreds and hundreds or even a thousand dollars invested in expansion packs, add on content, and countless hours of enjoying the other sims games i have officially given up on 3. I would also appreciate an e-mail informing me when this game is ready to be played. Fluently, glitch and bug free, and mod compatible. I have never trolled, complained, or been ****** off enough to actually post a thread like this. Congratulations, you are the first. Spore was almost my first...but don't even get me started on that.

Maybe you should worry more about developing a game that works at release rather then chopping up content to distribute at a later date via expansion packs and Sh*tty patches. Look forward to hearing from you soon. ^.^

Zaabaadoooo,

JChester79@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have also been with them since the original, buying every expansion and stuff pack that ever game out, and I'm pretty close to reaching this point too.

I play a lot of PC games, and have never had this many (unresolved) problems with a single game. I'm really let-down and frustrated. Every time I start getting back into the game, some technical problem, bug, or glitch creeps up and ruins the fun.

Unlike you though, I'm pretty doubtful that anyone from EA will actually read this but... I feel you!

:-(
  • Options
    wondersueakwondersueak Posts: 963 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm sick of it too, but I wait a couple weeks after the patch is released to see if people are complaining of bugs or glitches caused by the patch. That usually keeps me from getting a glitch or bug in my game. So far, it's been pretty good. There has been issues just in the fact that I have a wimpy, 3GB RAM, vista, 32 bit system. it's only about 2.3GHz proccessor speed too.
  • Options
    Da_SchwartzDa_Schwartz Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I just find it unacceptable that i spend just as much time searching for answers and solutions rather then playing a game that i used to really enjoy. I mean flip through this thread and read what all these people are posting. It is obscene. I run games that crush the sims 3 in every technical aspect on my pc and have zero problems. If i do it's always something fast and simple and to be expected form time to time with PC gaming. This is just...just pointless at this point.
  • Options
    WatashimoWatashimo Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I wholeheartedly agree. Even with the newest update, the stupid Saving glitch is still active. Another 2 1/2 hours of gameplay lost because it froze when I saved my game.
  • Options
    Gyganthos2Gyganthos2 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2010
    You sound like this:

Omg, I spent a billion hours in an offline game and now I found out that the bugs suck and that there is more interesting stuff in life that I can do and I am so frustrated!

Crybaby. Grow up.
  • Options
    fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yay! Da Schwartz and others, I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way. It's weird, because I just posted about the same time you did, saying I also 'give up' on this crap.

EA fix error code 13 and other stuff! But I won't hold my breath. XD
  • Options
    Drocker7Drocker7 Posts: 66
    edited June 2010
    ...Disregarding the above comment

I feel your frustration. I'm trying to make it work because I like this game way too much, but I wasn't aware that I'd be taking a computer course when I bought this game. I've done more self-fixing then I ever have in my life.

Get it together EA. Seriously.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I dunno, I don't think it's too much to expect a really popular game that you've supported for years and really enjoyed to not completely be a nightmare because of technical issues.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Drocker 7, I hear you. I 'disregarded' the above comment as well, lol.

This game has been out almost 13 months now. :/ and people are still getting annoying errors. What's the point in playing if you can't save? and if you're saving every 15 minutes because you're worried about an error, where's the fun in that?? it's pointless.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    xlilcip15x: I agree with you too. It's ridiculous already.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    EA needs to START working on PERMANENT fixes for patch and game errors instead of SITTING ON THEIR BUTS AND COMING OUT WITH NEW EXPANSION PACKS. There's no use if you buy an expansion pack that's gonna be glitchy or almost not work at all. (well it would only be glitchy if you updated to this patch...)
  • Options
    Pinkie674Pinkie674 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Right okay, were there issues in Sims 1? No.
    Were there (big) issues in Sims 2? No.
    Are there (ginormous) issues in Sims 3? YES!!!!!

These errors and CONSTANT glitches like my sims' heads being disconnected from their bodies is just getting on my wick now. I'm going to take it upon myself to send an email to EA, a letter and call in if I have to.

I will get back to you on what they say.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Come on, EA. Listen to us! Do something about this crap! And yes, there is no point in buying more EP's if you cannot save or even play your game. !!
  • Options
    PredatotPredatot Posts: 39
    edited June 2010
    Is there any "Zombie" in EA to reply at all?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    fs747574fs wrote:
    Come on, EA. Listen to us! Do something about this crap! And yes, there is no point in buying more EP's if you cannot save or even play your game. !!
    here here lol.

pinkie: maybe you should go around putting a list of peoples user names that agree with you an that email... I bet we could rack up hundreds =P (I'm serious)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    *sings Mariah Carey to EA*
    I gotta shake it off, cause the lovin' ain't the same, and you keep on playing games like you know I'm here to stay!

LOL.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    LOL. XD

Yes, that email would surely have hundreds of names. I'm sure thousands of names would build up, even.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's already been tons of petition type complaints and tons more "I quit" threads. I'm hopeless that anyone's ever really heard. But it can't hurt.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    LOL!!!
    sings some unknown song (forget what it's called)

I pray your breaks go out runnin down a hill, i pray a flower pot falls from a window sill, and knocks u in the head like I'd like to...

The last lil bit is how I feel lol.

*tacks on: I pray that flower pot knocks some sense in ur head makin u fix the game*
    LOL!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    :lol:

• Options
    PredatotPredatot Posts: 39
    edited June 2010
    i dont have any issue regarding saving the game but i have another serious issue and been chatting and contacting EA support with no luck having a solution for it BUT of course i would like to add my name to the list of the complaint email just to make EA people shake their :shock: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and at least reply to their customers!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah I almost forgot... If you ARE going to do that email... add me to the list please.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited June 2010
    spend just as much time searching for answers and solutions rather then playing a game

QFT

:thumbup:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CelineSSauveCelineSSauve Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Sadly, I strongly believe that EA seems to be the sort of companny that just ignores you after they get your money...

Maybe that's why they shortened the name when they were purchased? Don't want to confuse the quality of C&C games with the later creations?

It's a pity too, because I don't buy all the Expansions, but I would certainly get Pets/Unleashed/Should-Be-Included-From-The-Start-By-Now once it's released (you know it will. Maybe they'll include an actual cash cow that you can adopt to be the mascot for that particular expansion that most people buy...) but not if there continues to be continual errors like this.

So far, my solution has been to disconnect my internet when I load up the Sims 3. If it can't tell there's a new patch, it can't hurt my game.

Then again, maybe that's the issue. "Patches" make me think of bandaids. EA: You need to think more in terms of casts to set and mend broken bones here.
  • Options
    AshcrmeAshcrme Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2010
    THANK YOU FOR THIS POST.
    I've bought almost every expansion since the sims (1). The computer I'm on now was bought especially for playing the sims 3 when it came out.. and once I bought ambitions, all the sudden my system isn't compatible.
    WHAT?

And because I direct downloaded, I can't get a refund. I just blew fourty bucks on something I can never play (unless I want to spend a **** load of money upgrading my system that I DONT HAVE).