Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now what???

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2010
    ...or you could buy one of those, what I call "run/shoot/jump/kill" games and REALLY be done when you get to the end. That's those games that require absolutly no imagination. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    ...or you could buy one of those, what I call "run/shoot/jump/kill" games and REALLY be done when you get to the end. That's those games that require absolutly no imagination. :D

:lol: So true. Growing up those were the kinds of games everyone I knew played, and I was just terrible at them. Made for a lot of boring sleepovers, birthday parties, etc. when you were dead as soon as the game started. :roll:

Anyways, GhostStryker, I think one of the best pieces of advice you have been given is to try and change your mindset a bit if you want to keep Simming. There are many RPG elements in TS3, but it's important to remember that The Sims is fundamentally a "sandbox" - we are given the tools and what we do with them is completely up to us.

I looked at your profile and it appears you are just playing the base game. I understand not everyone can/wants to buy the expansions, but they will add many new things to do. It sounds like you naturally lean toward an RPG style of play, so World Adventures might be what you're looking for. However, Ambitions adds a lot of everyday activities to your Sims lives, so it's a good choice too.

Also, if you're feeling like you've exhausted the gameplay aspect, maybe you could try showing people some stuff in your studio. Likewise, see what other people have made and add it to your game. Sometimes a new Sim or house can make things new and exciting again.

Now, if you still say you're "stuck" after everything people here have suggested... well, you're on your own then I guess. :wink:
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited June 2010
    Build you Own downtown lots with your sims. Basically start a family whose legacy will open a Library, Museum, Art Gallery, Martial Arts Academy, Farm.... Then use your sims to make it.

Such as I did an Art Gallery having a family be Sculptures, Artist, and tomb raiders. They collected EVERYTHING in the game then I placed it in exhibits in their house. When the final one died I converted the house to a Commercial Lot -> Art Gallery. Now the LaVey Art Gallery is open for all my Sims in Sunset Valley.
  • Options
    OhEmGeeYaySimsOhEmGeeYaySims Posts: 1,959
    edited June 2010
    YOU ARE NOT STUCK, MY FRIEND.

OPEN YOUR MIND AND JOIN US, CREATIVE FOLKS.

:lol:
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    Build you Own downtown lots with your sims. Basically start a family whose legacy will open a Library, Museum, Art Gallery, Martial Arts Academy, Farm.... Then use your sims to make it.

Such as I did an Art Gallery having a family be Sculptures, Artist, and tomb raiders. They collected EVERYTHING in the game then I placed it in exhibits in their house. When the final one died I converted the house to a Commercial Lot -> Art Gallery. Now the LaVey Art Gallery is open for all my Sims in Sunset Valley.

That is a great idea my friend! I'll have to give that a shot - sounds like a fun challenge, plus even after the last Sim dies for whatever reason, the family is leaving behind something that will never be forgotten. Love that idea. :thumbup: