Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know what I want?

thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
I want a bunk bed soon because the house that I live does not have any more room for an extra bed. Having bunk beds will be helpful knowing that 2 Sims can sleep using half the space of a normal bed.

Comments

• Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited June 2010
    bunk beds would be a neat idea! I have a feeling they might add them sooner or later.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2010
    functional bunk beds would be AWESOME!
  • Options
    codo001codo001 Posts: 252 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i miss the murphy bed that folded into the wall, but bunk beds would be wicked too....*sigh* once day
  • Options
    singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited June 2010
    yeah, i have wanted bunkbeds forever.
    in the sims 2 i would always make them using cheats, like moveObjects on, but they weren't actually functional. :P
  • Options
    TigerEyez1289TigerEyez1289 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I would love bunk beds. I also made them by using cheats in Sims 2, but having functional ones would be amazing.
  • Options
    ValarieValarie Posts: 662 Member
    edited June 2010
    I agree i usually dont have a predetermined number of kids i want my sims to have picked out & it gets tiring constantly changing the house or moving to a bigger one. Bunk beds would be useful
  • Options
    000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited June 2010
    That's a great idea! And really would be useful for a large size family.
  • Options
    Candi_DylaCandi_Dyla Posts: 777 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Yay! Bunkbeds! Let's get them!
  • Options
    moneekie14moneekie14 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited June 2010
    There is a way to make bunkbeds that work on the sims 3. go on youtube and search sims 3 bunkbeds, or how to make sims 3 bunk beds. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    moneekie14 wrote:
    There is a way to make bunkbeds that work on the sims 3. go on youtube and search sims 3 bunkbeds, or how to make sims 3 bunk beds. :)
    Really? Is it functionable? (is that a word?)
  • Options
    SorchaRSorchaR Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Oooh, yes to both of these! And maybe a sofa bed, too, for those studio-dwelling Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ooh! Cool, I thought I just made it up... "functionable"... lol, that's a cool word.

funk-shin-able...lol
  • Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Those would be cool. There was a thread asking that too. One of the gurus said that making bunk beds is very difficult and hard to animate.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is the video I found:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_9K_EKjyo4
    I don't know if this is very useful. Because wouldn't you only be able to make a bunk bed on the bottom floor and only in houses that aren't on a foundation. And also the bed would have to be in the middle of the room (not touching any walls) because foundations can not be adjacent to walls.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, they would take up two spaces and completey ruin the whole point of using a bunk bed instead of two seperate ones.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2010
    Those would be cool. There was a thread asking that too. One of the gurus said that making bunk beds is very difficult and hard to animate.

Baloney. They already have the animations. Just look at the climbing ones they use in the jungle gym. All they have to do is combine those animations with the climbing into bed animations; Ditto for making the bed.

Come on, EA, creators on Mod The Sims made functional bunk beds for The Sims 2. Don't tell *me* you can't make them for The Sims 3.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!