Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SERIOUS HIDDEN AND CORRUPT CC in your Game, (Without you knowing it) AND a Solution!!!

Comments

• Options
    RyanlolliesRyanlollies Posts: 562
    edited June 2010
    EEEP! I have the doll!!!

I have to get rid of it! I thought something was up, because I found it in my kids stuff, and as soon as I put it down my game mega lagged.

Ill get rid of it ASAP!
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited June 2010
    This gives me a feeling that EA is going to have to give us a a routine patch specially made to wipe out all CC and Mods, or at least a patch to give us that option.
  • Options
    EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Fellow simmers reading this thread, please help to pass this message out to create awareness. Let's all do our part, check our creations to make sure we are not passing it on to other unsuspecting exchange users. Always check before installing the exchange items as well.
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited June 2010
    The scary thing, is that I had reinstalled, and gotten rid of all my cc...so it didn't show up in my game menu's or in the launcher, but I just did a check, and it was still in my game :(

**Edit: I've taken down all the stuff from my studio and will re-upload all my items once I am sure they are not infected.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2010
    I made a siggy and will replace mine for the time being, I will post this on the other thread as well with the link. Here is a pic:

Screenshot-2-3-1-3-1.png
  • Options
    EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you LadyEmillye. Yes please post siggy link. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It is on the other thread
    or you can quote my above post to get it.

and you are welcome :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheposhofvioletTheposhofviolet Posts: 162
    edited June 2010
    I can't seem to find the other thread!! And could you post the IMG code, it'd be easier to put that into the siggies.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    it's in sims and modelling. Ya can quote me or just use tags with the closing[img]tag of course.:roll:[/img]
  • Options
    TheposhofvioletTheposhofviolet Posts: 162
    edited June 2010
    oh, of course. :oops:
  • Options
    CloverStarDropperCloverStarDropper Posts: 1,873 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I made a siggy and will replace mine for the time being, I will post this on the other thread as well with the link. Here is a pic:

Screenshot-2-3-1-3-1.png
    Aaaaah! I have that doll in my game! :shock:
    I dont know if it's the broken version or not...but I dont upload to the exchange...
    Infact, I dont even know where I got the doll from...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I hope it's not the broken one Switch. If ya have Delphy's Dashboard, maybe it can tell you, or go through the steps Magician mentioned.
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh no! I got the doll in a house I downloaded today. I deleted the file via the launcher, but my launcher keeps crashing on me. Does this mean I am one of the unlucky ones who will have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall? Or should things be okay since I deleted the file through the launcher?
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited June 2010

Screenshot-2-3-1-3-1.png
    Aaaaah! I have that doll in my game! :shock:
    I dont know if it's the broken version or not...but I dont upload to the exchange...
    Infact, I dont even know where I got the doll from...

The doll attaches itself to files. If you have downloaded anything from the exchange, you might have got it there. It is best to remove it whether you upload to the exchange or not because it can cause game problem issues.

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I hope it's not the broken one Switch. If ya have Delphy's Dashboard, maybe it can tell you, or go through the steps Magician mentioned.
    I cant download stuff like Dashboard, my computer cant download CC or mods or anything like that. :?
    Is there a way to tell if it's broken?
    *Checks frontpage*
    I checked installed files, and I just found something.
    NEW CAS PROJECT IS LISTED.
    X_X
    I have bad CC....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The 2 programs recommended are not Mods or CC. They operate outside of the game. They are a utility program used to check and repair your package files only.

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, I uninstalled the thing, and it didnt give me any trouble..... :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh no! I got the doll in a house I downloaded today. I deleted the file via the launcher, but my launcher keeps crashing on me. Does this mean I am one of the unlucky ones who will have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall? Or should things be okay since I deleted the file through the launcher?

Just follow the solution Magician has posted. Hopefully it will help you.

I'm glad Switch.
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I was able to uninstall from the launcher, and removed the package from the DCBackup folder. Once my game was clean, I was able to then re-export and re-upload my items to the exchange. I used CUSTARD to find which files were affected.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Glad you were able to clean it all up Garbuckle. Spread the word please.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    BalletInBlueBalletInBlue Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This is very helpful, if I still used cc (not my computer so . . .). Otherwise, EXCELLENT!
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Glad you were able to clean it all up Garbuckle. Spread the word please.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

I am. I have contacted Fidlerten directly, as I know he would be affected as well, given all the submissions he gets for his challenges.

In fact, anyone who administers a challenge, and tests entries, will probably be affected.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm kinda glad the mods moved the other thread over to Sims and Modelling. It is helping others there too.

I hope they don't delete it tho.
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you, Magician, for posting this information. I deleted and reuploaded my latest build because of this problem.
  • Options
    AinsleighAinsleigh Posts: 160
    edited June 2010
    I have a question;;
    I have the doll in my game, so should I uninstall all my custom content?
    Does the doll cause computers and games to crash?

Thank you