Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FLIP THIS LOT! (Check out the latest flip by Lightside on page 70)

Comments

• Options
    SimMermaidSimMermaid Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi, I was wondering if this lot could be flipped?

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1845508

Size of the Lot: 30x30

Area(s)to be remodeled: building, landscaping, interior design

Brief description of job: I would like to keep the general shape of the house but scale it down a bit so there is more yard. The 3rd floor and above completely redesigned (including the outer walls. The back yard landscaping could use any help it can get but I'd like to keep the front yard landscaping pretty much the same. Interior design should be floral themed except for the hallways and bathrooms. Furniture complete redesign and object overhaul.

List any store items you have/want included: The Shutters from the Old World set and the lights from the same set

Requires World Adventures: Yes, Also needs High End Loft Stuff

Pictures of the lot: Screenshot-17-1.jpg

Screenshot-16-1.jpg

Screenshot-15-1.jpg

Preferred method to contact: this thread, PM
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    15172230595_0a68618665.jpg
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited May 2010
    jgg1122 wrote:
    Peacemaker, i love everything about the flip! It is amazing! Just one thing, i am not sure i like the gray with the brown wood(which i love) maybe tan or taupe would look better! Thanks so much again for taking my flip! :)

i will have a look but i have a feeling the taupe/tan will clash with the orange wood. i will go play with both of the colours. i should have an update pic later today.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SimMermaid wrote:
    Hi, I was wondering if this lot could be flipped?

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1845508

Size of the Lot: 30x30

Area(s)to be remodeled: building, landscaping, interior design

Brief description of job: I would like to keep the general shape of the house but scale it down a bit so there is more yard. The 3rd floor and above completely redesigned (including the outer walls. The back yard landscaping could use any help it can get but I'd like to keep the front yard landscaping pretty much the same. Interior design should be floral themed except for the hallways and bathrooms. Furniture complete redesign and object overhaul.

List any store items you have/want included: The Shutters from the Old World set and the lights from the same set

Requires World Adventures: Yes, Also needs High End Loft Stuff

Pictures of the lot: Coming Soon!

Preferred method to contact: this thread, PM

thank you simmermaid, we will get this added as soon as possible. just a quick question though, for PM'ing, do you belong to the site Builder's Boulevard, Sim Interior Designs or The Simmers Society?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jgg

here is an update to the flip. i have gone for a dark taupe colour but as i suspected the orange wood just did not go. i played around with the wood texture which unfortunately does not look good in light colours and lightened it up as well. here is what it looks like:

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

so are the colours any better or do you think one or both need to be changed?
  • Options
    jgg1122jgg1122 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited May 2010
    It looks great peacemaker, but i meant the white part of the house not the wood, sorry if it caused you any trouble i should have been more clear. I liked the wood the way it was the first time! Sorry! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i have tried a light taupe/tan colour here it is. i personally think it makes it look dirty but thats just my love of white talking :lol:

Screenshot-33.jpg

Screenshot-32-1.jpg

here is a taupe version as defined by wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taupe

Screenshot-34.jpg

Screenshot-36.jpg
  • Options
    VelterVelter Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    j.w was my Paradise Escape lot accepted for flip?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Velter wrote:
    j.w was my Paradise Escape lot accepted for flip?

velter your 2 requests, Paradise escape or Williams Manor have not been accepted by one of the team at this point in time. the flippee who decides on accepting your flip will let you know by the method you have elected.
  • Options
    jgg1122jgg1122 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I really like the first one of the two! Thanks again, i feel like such a bother :?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so you like the cream colour? well i will go ahead and apply that colour. its quite late here at the moment so i should have it up for you tomorrow. when you get it i hope you enjoy furnishing, thats my least favourite part :lol:
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Bree, Hope all is well! Just checking in to see how the flip is coming, No rush just seeing how things are going and if you had any more questions. I am really excited for the flip and glad that I could give you something you have not done in a while.

Hi Jenni! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner in the week to give you another update, but I just had to make it through this last week of school and haven't had a ton of time to work on the flip. However, I should *crosses fingers* be able to get it completely finished for you soon as we now have a three day weekend. I definitely would like to get it done for you by this Monday, as I have pre-ordered Ambitions and it will be here on Tuesday and I am too worried about the lot not being compatable if you don't end up getting it as well and I install it on my computer. So the official deadline that I've set for myself is Tuesday morning (if not earlier).

I am getting closer. The landscaping and build portions are completely done (as you already knew) and I have the cabana/workout room done, as well a a pretty good amount of the other rooms. Almost all of the rooms are partially finished and some are very close to being done...just need to put on some finished decor touches and tweak things. I have only 2 rooms (living and study) that I haven't really started on.

Once I am fully done, I will play test it for a while to make sure that all of my MOO work is fine and everything works the way that it should. I will let you know here in the thread once I get it done and post some pics/slideshow for you to look through and let me know what you think. If you like it and there aren't any changes that you want made, I'll package it up to Mediafire and e-mail you the link! Yay!

Thanks for being so patient with me. This lot was a lot of work, but it really has been sooooo much fun!! I forgot how much I love this style of building!

----Bree
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    Evestrider- Ok great thank you! We will let you know when your lot has been claimed.
    Velter- Hi Velter. I actually emailed you on the email account you posted here but I have yet to get a response. Let me know if there is a better way to get in touch.

***MESSAGE ALERTS***
    You can check the updated Flip List here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/183141.page
    Velter, Evestrider, Evergreen and Plimmlia- Your lots have been claimed. you can check the link above to see who has claimed your lots.
    LAURAENAMANDATWI http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    KquinnLet us know when you have uploaded your flips and we will showcase them on the Flip Showcase thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Everestrider

i have claimed you lot rain forest lodge. i will have an proposal tomorrow for you

• Options
    edited May 2010
    thank you simmermaid, we will get this added as soon as possible. just a quick question though, for PM'ing, do you belong to the site Builder's Boulevard, Sim Interior Designs or The Simmers Society?

No I do not belong to any of the above sites, just The Sims 3 site.

Edit: I added Interior Pics to my last post.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    thankyou simmermaid i will make sure that is noted. when your lot is accepted they will post here so check in at least once a week to check on the status
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    guys and gals may i ask how u make your sim avatars? ive tried to figure it out for the longest :(
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    Velter: http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/uic/

There you are :D Just use that program and follow the instructions. More in depth, go here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/112017.page

Peacey:: I have to agree with your siggy. That was a pretty intense scandal ;)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Jgg

your flip is completed and can be found in our showcase thread here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/183141.page

Evergreen thankyou, i do enjoy stirring things up
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Everestrider

here is what i came up with for your flip. i would like some feedback. i have transformed in indoor garden into an antrium and merged the garage with the house

Screenshot-37.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg

if you don't like it i will start again
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    growing up on the coast peace might i suggest you add a type of light railing to that deck? with the exception of a outlet peir like perch for "fishing"
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited May 2010
    ***MESSAGE ALERTS***
    Velter, Evestrider, Evergreen and Plimmlia- Your lots have been claimed. you can check the link above to see who has claimed your lots.
    LAURAENAMANDATWI http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    KquinnLet us know when you have uploaded your flips and we will showcase them on the Flip Showcase thread.

MightyPinky - The link to your request is no longer working, it may have been culled? :( If you would still like the Lot flipped please advise? Thanks!

SimMermaid
    -

Hi SimMermaid :), i have claimed your lot for flipping :D. I would like to know a few things if possible to help me.
    1/ I am happy to shrink the width etc so you get more garden, but recommend deleting the 4/5 floors (which are non liveable anyway) so the house keeps in proportion?
    2/ You like floral and in bright-ish colours, can I use CC patterns and change some of the ones you have chosen?
    3/ Would you mind if I move/delete windows and use some single tile arched ones?
    5/ I think the interiors are suited to classic/modern, so a combination of modern furniture with classic pieces too?
    6/ I have some nice CC transferable objects, would you like me to use them, or prefer I use EA only?
    7/ On the exterior did you want to keep the same roof and exterior siding? I am happy to do so, but might tweak it a little if you are not attached to them. I am wondering if a grey roof would look nice on the turquoise?
    8/ Are there any colours you love in particular or ones perhaps you hate?

Sorry for all the questions!!! It will help with the flip :)

I will of course keep you posted on progress. I may not have a lot of time spare atm, so please be patient with me lol :D

• Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    Alli! So glad I could catch ya :D

I can't seem to log in at SiD... I think I still have my account there, but it says it's Awaiting Approval? Can you help me out with that? I probably spammed Pink's inbox from trying to log in so much XD

Thankies:D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    thanks velter i will definitely be adding railing i just can't decide which one yet. i might go for the wire one as from a distance it doesn't look like anything is there.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @ Allium
    Hi SimMermaid , i have claimed your lot for flipping . I would like to know a few things if possible to help me.
    1/ I am happy to shrink the width etc so you get more garden, but recommend deleting the 4/5 floors (which are non liveable anyway) so the house keeps in proportion?
    2/ You like floral and in bright-ish colours, can I use CC patterns and change some of the ones you have chosen?
    3/ Would you mind if I move/delete windows and use some single tile arched ones?
    5/ I think the interiors are suited to classic/modern, so a combination of modern furniture with classic pieces too?
    6/ I have some nice CC transferable objects, would you like me to use them, or prefer I use EA only?
    7/ On the exterior did you want to keep the same roof and exterior siding? I am happy to do so, but might tweak it a little if you are not attached to them. I am wondering if a grey roof would look nice on the turquoise?
    8/ Are there any colours you love in particular or ones perhaps you hate?
    Sorry for all the questions!!! It will help with the flip
    I will of course keep you posted on progress. I may not have a lot of time spare atm, so please be patient with me lol

Thanks for getting back to my request so quickly.

1) Alli (if I may call you that) please go ahead and delete the upper floors at will as I am not that attached to them.
    2) Any custom patterns are fine by me, and yes I do tend to lean tword bright colors and patterns. Please feel free to change and use any at will.
    3) As for the windows single tiled arch ones are fine but I would like to ask that they be the smaller versions of the ones I have up already.
    4) Any combination of furniture is fine, the look I was trying to go for was country loft/townhouse.
    5) CC objects are fine.
    6)The outside color/pattern and roof can be any color you think might look good as long it is not garish hot pink like the living room was >.< lol.
    7) As for favorite colors go Wine Red and Forest Green with a touch of Mint :D I do like pastel colors too. I do absolutely hate brown and any combination looking like brown lol.

Thanks again and please feel free ask any more questions and don't worry about not having a lot of time, I understand. As for myself I have finals coming up and have to spend so much time studying >.< lol.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited May 2010
    ***MESSAGE ALERTS***

MightyPinky - The link to your request is no longer working, it may have been culled? :( If you would still like the Lot flipped please advise? Thanks!

SimMermaid
    -

Hi SimMermaid, that was fast! Brilliant thank you! We have a bank holiday here today so i am going to get started! :D Yes Alli is fine lol!

Evergreen - Hi Ever! I think ( I hope!) I sent you a pm on BB as I am having GREAT trouble posting and using the TS3 forum atm, like many others. If you are a memeber at BB, just use the same logins you do there and it should work(SID & BB are hosted in same place so they are linked with Logins), no need to sign up again. Hope this works! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top