Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!

Comments

• Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is such a great thread!! :) I started two new legacy w/ the info I learned in this thread, both times they had a huge house by the time 2nd generation was born.

Still trying to get all the recipes down.
    Adds lots of fun to the game.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2010
    It sure is an easy and fun way to build up your simoleans.

To Andoria, the top left slot seems to have a certain amount of control over the end product. That's the one that shows up in your sims queue when you order them to do thew "Irreversible Transformation". It's an important slot for the metals, although I haven't played with it so much with the gems.
  • Options
    CocobeanzCocobeanz Posts: 189
    edited April 2010
    Where is the 'Display' Feature?
    Is it in Buydebug 'Unknown' Catalouge?

Please Answer :!:
  • Options
    CocobeanzCocobeanz Posts: 189
    edited April 2010
    Found them. Ooooohhh I cant wait!
  • Options
    ZombiesnailZombiesnail Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Finally, something new to try!
    I have a family consisting of two master trasure hunters, their teenage kid, her best friend who's parents died, and a mummy. They all are masters of Sim Fu. I literally have two basements packed with gems and metals, and I've given up picking all the gems in their garden left from space rock breaking. Finally, something to add to their collect AND save room! Will post pics soon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zombiesnail, prepare for a fun diversion-and a way to get rich very fast.
  • Options
    TheSparkThatBledTheSparkThatBled Posts: 166 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Whoa, I never knew about this. I can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Ok, first up, it's been a while since I've played TS3 due to other commitments, but I've got a little more time on my hands now and I figured it was time to revisit my old haunts. And having read the masses of posts in this thread since then, I can see people have been quite busy making lots and lots of shinies!

Secondly, I'd like to make one thing abundantly clear: at NO point during my posts did I intend to make anyone feel stupid because they did not get the same results I did using my formulae, so if for any reason it came across that way, my apologies for not being perfectly eloquent. :P

Having read the posts by later prospectors, I've come to agree with the idea posted by at least one of you that there is in fact a huge margin for error due to the 'random' factor. Perhaps I'm just seriously lucky, but I've managed to produce the same results with metals on a fairly consistent basis using the formulae I posted earlier in this thread. Strangely, I have had far less luck with the various formulae for gems - sure I've gotten a few...um...gems out of it :lol: but nowhere near the results posted by others here. I guess gems just don't like me - or perhaps my Sim just doesn't want a bunch of skulls around the house.

The point is this: keep posting those formulae, keep trying new things, have fun, make lots of shinies, and don't think for a minute that I think any of you are stupid. After all, you were smart enough to come here and check out the low-down on one of the most wickedly addictive and seriously profitable passtimes in TS3 in the first place. :D
  • Options
    koopa400koopa400 Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    Its so awesome trying out new things and thaks to this blog i know how to get all cuts for Tiberium.
    Im going to get the set i got the Skull today its so awesome :mrgreen: but i need so much Tiberium :?

thax to every ones help :D
  • Options
    Mattyjack1Mattyjack1 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited May 2010
    That sounds cool, I shall have to try that. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    screenshot_original.jpg
    My tiberium set if im missing some thing please say :D
  • Options
    jafeicajafeica Posts: 24
    edited June 2010
    Akila906 wrote:
    I'm back again. :lol:

If I've understood all the information within this thread, this recipe for getting a Tiberium Skull Cut should be correct.

Ok, so it's important to have atleast 5 gem cuts, like the following...

1. Heart Cut (of any gem)
    2. Brilliant Cut (of any gem)
    3. Crystalball Cut (of any gem)
    4. Marquis Cut (of any gem)
    5. Spire Cut (Tiberium)
    6. Spire Cut Tiberium
    7. Spire Cut Tiberium
    8. Spire Cut Tiberium

Can someone be so kind as to confirm wether this list is correct or not? I'd be very grateful! :-)

I also found out that it's not only Tiberium that can have the Spire Cut but for the moment I'm not exactly sure of how to get those.

I seem to only beable to take in this information when it's in list form and would also be very grateful if someone could make a recipe in list form of how to get every Skull Cut.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Welcome back SIMply_Divine :D

Using your example above, this is how I get Tiberium skulls:

1. Heart Cut Tiberium
    2. Brilliant Cut (of any gem)
    3. Crystalball Cut (of any gem)
    4. Marquis Cut (of any gem)
    5. Spire Cut Tiberium
    6. Heart Cut Tiberium
    7. Heart Cut Tiberium
    8. Heart Cut Tiberium

I have mostly heart shaped Tiberium because it's the cheaper cut choice for Tiberium, not because it makes any difference. So yes, your "recipe" should work just fine. You can use the same "recipe" to get all of the other skulls as well, just substitute the spire cut for another cut and substitute the other gems for Tiberium in your above "recipe". You just need 5 different cuts of gems and have majority of the gems be the gem you want the skull made of. You can also use the "cheaper" cuts of gems as well. I mostly use the oval cut for the cheap gems like quartz, emerald, amethyst, etc.

And Tiberium is the ONLY gem that has the option for a spire cut, so I don't know where you "found" you can get other gems in that cut because it's not true. No other gem has that cut option besides Tiberium.

Edited for typo :oops:

Thank you Akila906 ... Finally I was able to get my Tiberium skull I had seen other recipies but they did not work yours does thank now my sim can have a life again... no more running around for gems! My colection is almost complete. :D
  • Options
    CVDP01CVDP01 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Has any one tried Spirts, I keep trying it nothing happens to the spirts but it does say, "hmm... it appears as if all the original items are still there. Something is not quite the same, though. " Any one get anything out of it?
  • Options
    TEK427TEK427 Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I wish I found this post earlier. Mixing gems together sounds like so much fun!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The new Egg Cut is realy nice its not as ruff as the last cuts
    hope we get 1 or more cuts in new games so far we got 12 (not conting star cut)

• Options
    emmaisbossemmaisboss Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I only searched for what a soul peace gem was and found this amazing thread.
    I've so far successful made three soul peace gems and a pink diamond skull :D
  • Options
    Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited July 2010
    How have I missed this thread for SO long? :oops:
  • Options
    TwoBirdsOneStoneTwoBirdsOneStone Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    Awesome! I'll have to check this out 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Eh, don't be embarrassed-it disappears into the bowels of the forum until one of us who bookmarked it drags it back out again. What appeals to me is the scientific approach-that and the fact that your sim can get stinkin' rich without cheating!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I saw someone mentioning stickying it in an earlier thread. If that can't happen, I hope to keep it up top for a while (but I'm a sporadic internetter... I prefer to play and I mostly play offline).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for starting page 14, Corwin_Alexander. That broken page 13 was beginning to irk.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for starting page 14, Corwin_Alexander. That broken page 13 was beginning to irk.

No problem... but if we're just going to say trivial things, they might as well be "bump".
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2010
    In ambitions you can as well transform 8-10 spirits of the same kind into a full-bodied (and revivable {and resurrectable}) ghost. You can also give large cuts to things that can't be cut that way like a large plumbbob cut tiberium! Tiberium is either spire or heart cut. I haven't tried the polished split cut but I am working on it.
  • Options
    tylertoontylertoon Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2010
    bumpyity FOR EPIC THREAD
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited July 2010
    how do you mix? :P lol