Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that you LOVE about SIMS 3

There is too much NEGATIVITY on the forums sooooo...............

Name 1 thing that you love about the sims 3!

I love how we can just take a taxi down to the park, and we don't have to wait for it to load :mrgreen:

Your turn!

Comments

• Options
    scarlettx33scarlettx33 Posts: 996 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the traits and the different options that come with them
    how detailed the careers are
    of course being able to go around town:)
  • Options
    BonzaiBillBonzaiBill Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love Rabbithole buildings and trees that sway in the wind and cast changing shadows!!!

I love progressive lighting changes from day to night!!!

...I have to stop, I'd go on all day...
  • Options
    ravinhoodravinhood Posts: 363 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to burst your bub OP but there's already a 100 page thread on this very same topic. Would do you some good to use the search feature next time. ;)
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Duck Time !! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I LOVE WOOHOO AT WORK!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ravinhood wrote:
    Sorry to burst your bub OP but there's already a 100 page thread on this very same topic. Would do you some good to use the search feature next time. ;)
    So? Why not have another one?
  • Options
    ChristinaaaaChristinaaaa Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also love the story progression.... I know a lot of people aren't very fond of it, but I think its sweet how parents can reproduce asexually :)

And yes im serious. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I LOVE WOOHOO AT WORK!!!!

You can do that? Awesommmeee.
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That it's not as easy as TS2.

I remember after the First 3 generations, it was like... Do this, do that, ok now your rich and you have permaplat... NEEEXT!
  • Options
    ravinhoodravinhood Posts: 363 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BonzaiBill wrote:
    ravinhood wrote:
    So? Why not have another one?

Read the rules of posting and you'll know why.
  • Options
    tydo94tydo94 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The spa - manicures, pedicures, massages, facials. Ahh... plain and simple, good ole relaxation! :wink:
  • Options
    SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the feature we have to make sims dump their lovers! One of my sims was in love with a guy who was engaged, but she just grew intimate with him and had him dump his fiance! Then for some reason I am enemies with his fiance and I have never even MET her. O.o

I also LOVE the graphics!
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • Options
    Kiya_ElleKiya_Elle Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2009
    And another thread on the same topic hurts whom?

In most other forums once a thread gets past so many pages they get locked - who wants to have to wade through a 100 page thread :roll:

Can't name just one thing - there are so many things I love about the game. The most recent thing that happened - I created an insane, excitable, evil, genius, kleptomaniac sim today. I was just letting her do her own thing and she decided to pick a book to read out of the bookcase. A Magnetic Attraction - which I believe is meant to be a romance. So she get's about half way through it, and suddenly stands up making gagging noises, then runs to the bathroom and throws up in the toilet.

She hadn't eaten any bad food - there was none in the house and she can't cook yet so she's been living on cereal and canned soup. The only thing that could have caused her to be sick was the icky romance book. So awesomely funny.
    My Avatar is from the painting Ursa by len-yan
    http://len-yan.deviantart.com/art/ursa-478030083
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Then for some reason I am enemies with his fiance and I have never even MET her. O.o

Lol. My sim went over his sisters house and started using HIS laptop to play a game. Apparently my sim was acting inappropriatley and he got kicked out.

It's those little stupid things I love :lol:
  • Options
    MissVeraMissVera Posts: 449 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love zooming out from your house and seeing the entire neighbourhood, the view is beautiful. I love the shadows and the wind blowing in the trees, i love the clear water, and not having to load a screen when you leave the house.

I also like the different sized cavases for painting, and the fact that you can drag stuff around instead of having your Sim do all the work.

I love the "upgrade to self-cleaning" so you can save money by not needing a maid.

Most of all i LOVE create a style because i am OCD about everything matching and colour coordinating, and this tool is a godsend.

• Options
    marcusspencer13marcusspencer13 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the feature where you can talk to a ghost like a regular sim. I also love the fact that you can woohoo with ghost! I love the graphics, the ability to go anywhere in town and the surroundings, and traits. :!:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol Kiya Elle, thats funny. i never heard of anything like that happening before!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ohoh!! The self-cleaning upgrade!! Love. I spent the first two or three sim days in my Sim's brand new house upgrading everything to self-cleaning.

Loving the traits too, it only took me 6 irl hours to go from Business grunt to lvl 10 because my sim was Ambitious and Charismatic.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes! I love how each trait will give you different choices for interacting with other sims and items.

I love how dare devil sims can take "extreme sleeps" and take "extreme showers until extremely clean". :wink:
  • Options
    CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the skills and how the sims actually learn when they level up.

I also love the Lifetime Wish of becoming a Super Secret Agent. One of my sims is and he looks really spiffy in the tux :wink:

As always, I love the sense of humor that EA has in the game. All of the descriptions of jobs and furniture are whitty and fun to read.
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Options
    SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love having the little tasks which you have to complete, such as being asked to make a meal for another family or having to meet up with a certain sim. It just makes the game more interesting, and also the aspect of customising everything so easily.
  • Options
    cautusasteriuscautusasterius Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The personality trait system is definitely the best feature of the game. The sims are truly unique for the first time. I'd like to see that trait system expanded with more slots for traits and even more traits to choose from. But, it's still amazing to see some of the behavior quirks pop-up in sims. For example, Sandi French from the Single Moms household started going out with one of my sims when they were teens and she eventually married and had six children with him (not necessarily in that order). She left her husband and kids and now exists as an apparently homeless townie. At first, I thought this was the game's story progression feature, moving her out. But, after moving her back into the house several times only to have the same thing happen, I've come to the conclusion that story progression quirks aren't necessarily to blame as the mechanics of that are completely arbitrary from what I've observed, but are a direct result of her own personality and the fact that she is wholly incapable of raising small children and keeping a house. I was taken aback at first at her resistance to the life plan I had for her (which certainly included her pursuing her lifetime wish of becoming leader of the free world, but also included her being married to my sim and having six children). Now with the sim I created being a single dad, I have his parents and siblings drop by from time to time to help with the toddlers. I actually wish they'd add a feature to the game to allow relatives to babysit -- be able to have a sim drop their kid of at a relative's house or even have a daycare rabbit hole for single parents who work instead of the mostly useless babysitter (I had hoped that the babysitter would be an improvement on the nanny from Sims 2, but no such luck.
  • Options
    Antminnie1Antminnie1 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to go ahead and smear on the cheese by saying I love everything about The Sims 3! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Whoa, antminnie1, your siggy is HUGE! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HeidifaceHeidiface Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love how dare devil sims can take "extreme sleeps" and take "extreme showers until extremely clean".

Haha, is that the daredevil trait? I did wonder why some sims just randomly did everything 'EXTREME'.

I love the new pregnancy, + all the moodlets. My personal favourite is 'New Car Smell', 'Disgusted' makes me laugh too. I like how their character portait changes depended on their mood (the tense face cracks me up everytime). Making my athletic sims go on jogs, and a taxi appearing out of nowhere when I get bored of them running! Supermarket shopping, the spa, being able to see where your sims work.

Pretty much everything to be honest. So glad I cleaned the dust out of my fans, or I would never have played this amazingly awesome game! :D