Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Foodies!!

I love the fact that The Sims 3 has a great variety of food to cook and prepare. I also love the fact that they have put more ethnic foods in there as well. I know my sims personally enjoy sushi! So let see what other kinds of food you would like added in the Expansion Packs that are to come?

I would love Brisket, Duck, Scalloped Potatos, Roasted Potatos,Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate cake, Carrot cake.
Other Ethnic (from all over the world) foods such as Chicken Curry, Enchiladas, Lasgana, Paella, Bratwurst with Sauerkraut, Chicken Cordon Bleu. If you guys have other ideas write them. Ciao

Comments

• Options
    TwilightWaterlilyTwilightWaterlily Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Fully in support of the Chocolate Cake....
    Also, TACOS!!! Just think, it would be so much fun to have a family taco night!! And it wouldn't even require very advanced cooking skill!
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Donuts, dorito's & popcorn.
    Which they can eat while watching the telly =)

And for produce: Strawberry's, blueberry's, corn & pumpkins

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    Maxwell640Maxwell640 Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just want my sims to be able to choose snack foods as their favorite meal. New foods would be great though.
  • Options
    Piesie5Piesie5 Posts: 270 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm I like all all the suggestions so far, and the game has a nice mix of traditional dishes and some i would never think of like Fruit Parfait. I think it would be nice if they could bake birthday cakes, and pick from three flavours. Also Pizza, Curry and Pies would be nice :)
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm Italian, so more Italian dishes would be great. And more Italian desserts, too! Lots and lots of baked stuff and pastries! :D
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ramen, dumplings, more *birthday cakes, french fries, red velvet cake, *curry.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    (I haven't unlocked all recipes and don't have the game guide, so please forgive me if any of these are already in the game!)

More breakfast foods are a MUST (and were in sims 2 also). Bring back omelets please! And maybe a good ole bacon and eggs. Oatmeal is another idea... Bagel with creme cheese (I wont even touch those in real life, but I really want my sims to have more variety in the mornings).
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    arielraearielrae Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This thread is making me hungry!
  • Options
    aztecking1325aztecking1325 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    enkeli63 wrote:
    (I haven't unlocked all recipes and don't have the game guide, so please forgive me if any of these are already in the game!)

More breakfast foods are a MUST (and were in sims 2 also). Bring back omelets please! And maybe a good ole bacon and eggs. Oatmeal is another idea... Bagel with creme cheese (I wont even touch those in real life, but I really want my sims to have more variety in the mornings).

No none of these are offered as breakfast items so good ideas, fanatastic ideas to all!!!
    arielrae wrote:

I know what u mean, I pulled an all niter for school and still have not had breakfast so this idea came to head LOL :)
  • Options
    Maxwell640Maxwell640 Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pizza (cheese,tomato)
    Taco (lettuce,cheese,tomato)
    Egg Omelet(egg,cheese)
    Scrambled Eggs (eggx2)
    Sandwich (cheese,lettuce)

just a few suggestions :)

• Options
    TwilightWaterlilyTwilightWaterlily Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wait, I could have sworn I read about a pizza lover trait somewhere. Ah well, they're probably saving it for an EP...
  • Options
    jcross1122jcross1122 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would love to have Sims be able to make pies from scratch, like make the crust and filling.

ooh, have a little pie shop with an expansion like OFB.

:)
  • Options
    Anoid2Anoid2 Posts: 155 New Member
    edited June 2009
    arielrae wrote:

I agree, I am now starving. LOL
    I would love to see meatloaf, onion rings, and my specialty...kitchen surprise. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pinkdoombunnypinkdoombunny Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mmm eggrolls and lo mein
  • Options
    whoopsadaisyangelwhoopsadaisyangel Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know its a stupid idea but they could have a place like an Italian, greek or indain resurant, etc in town and a place were you can get take aways??? (i havent played the game yet, so sorry if there already in the game :oops:)
  • Options
    indego2111indego2111 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The one thing I've always wanted is sausages in bread. I know they're really similar to hot dogs, but sausages in bread are such a traditional Aussie food.

:O AND PAVLOVA!!!

...now I want pavlova...
  • Options
    SigneGTSigneGT Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2009
    I LOVE the food in sims 3, I'm a real foodlover myself i and love to make my sims that too :b

I would like more ingredients, and more recipes. Lots of things from around the world :D
  • Options
    SweetestDrugSweetestDrug Posts: 5,406 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lol I constantly find myself looking for rice to pick as my sim's favorite food when i make a new one.
    and then im like ohh...
    so yeah i think they need ricee!
  • Options
    geordiescarlettgeordiescarlett Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2009
    Strawberries & Cream for dessert (that would be all I'd eat!), all Mexican food (tacos, nachos, fajhitas etc.), indian dishes, chicken nuggets and chips and potato smileys :D
    Autistic Simmer B)
  • Options
    SigneGTSigneGT Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, and bacon. We definitely need bacon! :b
  • Options
    inferoformainferoforma Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh my goodness, I'm such a foodie. Okay...

Curry, Kabobs, Tempura, Lasagna, Apple Pie, Edamame (for a snack), Brisket or Ribs, Turkey Dinner, Chocolate Cake, Something other than just canned soup - maybe a Beef Barley or Minestrone or hearty Chicken Soup that they would have to prepare, Smoked Salmon.

The list would go on and on and if I keep typing haha.
  • Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I could never believe that you can't have Pizza as a favorite food. It my favorite food in real life. :(
  • Options
    ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not a vegetarian myself, but I love how there are vegetarian alternatives to the meat dishes such as tofu dogs. I made a vegetarian Sim, and I was thinking "Great, I don't even know what Ratatouie is, I bet she can't eat half the things available". Now I wonder if non-Vegetarian Sims are able to learn those vegetarian recipes. Probably not, but I think it'd be neat if the vegetarian Sims didn't have to do all of the cooking themselves!
    SimpsonFly wrote:
    I could never believe that you can't have Pizza as a favorite food. It my favorite food in real life. :(
    Hey, I noticed that! And I never order out for pizza in the Sims! That hardly seems fair! Too bad you can't bake your own pizzas at home.
  • Options
    gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think they should make it so you can raise your own animals (maybe a sims farm EP) and then use them to make food if you want. Like have the option of juse keeping them for pets or using them for ingredients. Keep chickens for eggs, but also be able to harvest the chickens themselves. Also keep cows and milk them, but also be able to harvest them.
  • Options
    gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh my goodness, I'm such a foodie. Okay...

Curry, Kabobs, Tempura, Lasagna, Apple Pie, Edamame (for a snack), Brisket or Ribs, Turkey Dinner, Chocolate Cake, Something other than just canned soup - maybe a Beef Barley or Minestrone or hearty Chicken Soup that they would have to prepare, Smoked Salmon.

The list would go on and on and if I keep typing haha.

There is already turkey dinner :P