Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're kidding right? How in the world do you not catch this duing QA?

Comments

• Options
    mustsimmustsim Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's not a feature, it's a BUG! The game should not be evicting our own custom sims unless we permit it to do so. The game can do whatever the heck it wants with townsfolks and that's fine, but to remove our own custom sim from it's own home is nothing more and nothing less than a serious BUG.

It is not a bug. This is how the game was intended to be played. The game is supposed to be as unpredictable as a real living neighborhood would be.
    Actually in the options menu, you can turn off "story progression" I did

Many people have reported turning off story progression does not work. Sims still have children and move out.
    There is NOOOOOOOO way its by design that they would have the game delete other players Sims. NO WAY.

Then it's a pretty big bug they missed. Thanks to the leaked version many already knew about disappearing sims. I have to wonder why EA released the game without fixing it. I assume they knew about it?
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a **** POORLY DESIGNED FEATURE THEN. Like I said, if I don't have the option to prevent those sims that I create (on an individual basis) from being arbitrarily moved out of the homes that I design them, then it's a **** poor design that needs to be rectified.

The only person that I could see enjoy this owuld be someone that doesn't care about any sims in the game except for the ONE that they play with in the game. It seems more and more that this is what the game was made to do, allow us to play with one sim in that vast neighborhood and the addition of switching to another family was tacked on to the idea. Else it wouldn't be moving around sims that are supposed to be under our control.

There are plenty of townies and townie homes in the game for the game to be moving around, it doesn't need to do that to mine. I don't spend time adding a sim and his house just so he can be moved out of it. That's crazy for anybody to think that is a good idea to be moving my sims that I create. Move the townies, don't touch my sims. PERIOD, END OF STORY! FIX IT, RECTIFY IT, REMOVE IT, do what ever it takes so that the game doesn't touch my sims if I don't want it to. Isn't this game supposed to be all about choices, Well? Where is my choice that the game doesn't go moving my sims out of their homes when I don't want it to? Oh, that's right IT DOESN'T EXIST! Again, if it's a feature to actually move my sims without my permissin then it's a **** poor design decision and one that needs to be rectified by giving the gamer the choice of allowing the game to move sims around on an INDIVIDUAL basis!
    mustsim wrote:
    It's not a feature, it's a BUG! The game should not be evicting our own custom sims unless we permit it to do so. The game can do whatever the heck it wants with townsfolks and that's fine, but to remove our own custom sim from it's own home is nothing more and nothing less than a serious BUG.

It is not a bug. This is how the game was intended to be played. The game is supposed to be as unpredictable as a real living neighborhood would be.

I've had the same neighbors in my real living neighborhood for over 15 years, in the game it took 2 days and my sims love interest was moved out of his home. Tell me, go ahead somebody tell me how this mimics real living neighborhoods? It doesn't. It's seriously flawed and needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    SimAmberDSimAmberD Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, this is kind of a strange feature... We're just so used to playing the older versions that it seems strange. Which is why I chose to turn it off. It's a customizable option. Just go to options, and its the 2nd choice, just disable the check box and voila! Just like in the sims2!
  • Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You really need a hug man.
  • Options
    Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    [
    While you're right that it was designed to be a living, breathing world, it doesn't mean the feature is perfect. It needs a lot of work. Sims shouldn't be having children and moving out so frequently.[/quote]

Yes I realize that it may still be glitchy but if ur having trouble with the frequency of these events turn free will down from what i understand that should help
  • Options
    ChynaSkyeChynaSkye Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    id be p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 off if i spent time making a house the way i want it for sims that i created to live in it and one random day they were not in "their" home anymore. It should remove game generated sims before any of our own created sims. just my 2cents
  • Options
    SunfighterSunfighter Posts: 167 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Its easy to fix. Just make player made chars unable to be forced out for space. Let them age and whatnot, but for the love of god dont delete them.
  • Options
    jordanisthebeatjordanisthebeat Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love you, SmokaCola. Ahahaha.
  • Options
    cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just turn it off.(:
  • Options
    ValkMissileValkMissile Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had the same neighbors in my real living neighborhood for over 15 years, in the game it took 2 days and my sims love interest was moved out of his home. Tell me, go ahead somebody tell me how this mimics real living neighborhoods? It doesn't. It's seriously flawed and needs to be fixed.
    This.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I agree.

Apparently this is EA's idea of what a "living neighborhood" looks like. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Does it actually delete your sims, or do they go into the family bin?

Additionally, does it delete the items/recolor/refurnish in your home?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I mean, if the sims are in the sim bin and their furniture is all the same...whats the big deal? Just move them back in and wallah, back to normal.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cranberry and I are on to something, lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SmokaCola wrote:

At this point in the day, you are likely correct. It's just frustrating to me that any designer would be so bold as to make a design decision that would actually touch a users own created sim and just move them out or to somewhere else in the game world. There is no fun in that to me, it's why it needs to be an option on a sim by sim basis, not as a whole (which reportedly doesn't work anyway and who knows when the patch will come to fix that, they're probably still making content to sell in the store at this point). Pfft, I think I need that hug badly tonight. This is just phooey wrong no matter if it's a bug or a design decision, it's porrly implemented and one that needs to be corrected.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cranberry and I are on to something, lol.

Haha, we are! :wink:
  • Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love you, SmokaCola. Ahahaha.

Aw, I love you too lol

Now if we can just share the love with the rest of the forum (especially the ones in the tech forum) We can start seeing the positive things to the new sims, like being able to fish out of the box or make a really really fat version of yourself and giggle like crazy.

Edit:
    Jalida wrote:
    SmokaCola wrote:

At this point in the day, you are likely correct. It's just frustrating to me that any designer would be so bold as to make a design decision that would actually touch a users own created sim and just move them out or to somewhere else in the game world. There is no fun in that to me, it's why it needs to be an option on a sim by sim basis, not as a whole (which reportedly doesn't work anyway and who knows when the patch will come to fix that, they're probably still making content to sell in the store at this point). Pfft, I think I need that hug badly tonight. This is just phooey wrong no matter if it's a bug or a design decision, it's porrly implemented and one that needs to be corrected.

Oh I completely agree with you, and like I said I'm not even into having multiple sims and I think it's a bit asinine to remove a feature(s) that is extremely comfortable to simmers since the first. Hopefully when they update people will be able to stop the story progression and it will be just like good ol' sims 2 or 1, except with much better graphics and a new engine with endless possibilities.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I mean, if the sims are in the sim bin and their furniture is all the same...whats the big deal? Just move them back in and wallah, back to normal.

And then what? Wala, they are moved back out again as soon as I start playing another sim? Why take the time until they fix it, it's just going to keep happening. Turning off the story progression has been widely reported to not function properly, so theres no point to moving him back into the house that was custom built for him (READ ME EA, CUSTOM BUILT FOR HIM, NOT YOUR OWN TOWN SIMS)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Exactly, SmokaCola! Share all the good things in the.. sims life! (:

And, Jalida, if I were there right now, I'd give you a big hug! But it might be creepy.. haha.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jalida wrote:
    And then what? Wala, they are moved back out again as soon as I start playing another sim? Why take the time until they fix it, it's just going to keep happening. Turning off the story progression has been widely reported to not function properly, so theres no point to moving him back into the house that was custom built for him (READ ME EA, CUSTOM BUILT FOR HIM, NOT YOUR OWN TOWN SIMS)

I agree with you once again, Jalida. There's no point in arguing. If we do get the option one day, I can just turn it off. And hey, I may even use it one day! (:
  • Options
    EkoggEkogg Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Apparently Story progression is bugged. And you can't just turn it off. *when you unclick the option it keeps running the same way. nothing changes*

as for the free will slider. It doesn't even tell you how it affects your game. If i have the slider in the middle, what does that do exactly? What will your sims do / not do depending on the placement of the slider >=( (if someone can answer this please do cause i'd really like to know)

Though i believe it's story progression that affects the sims moving out on their own.

And it seems that sims aren't just moving out. they're being deleted entirely which is crazy. Them getting put back into the family bin i understand. But just being deleted makes no sense. They should have programmed that better.

You should be able to turn this feature off, but at the moment you can't.
  • Options
    AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    THERE IS AN OPTION TO STOP THAT....
  • Options
    SnootersSnooters Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Maybe there should be a warning like, Soandso acquaintance will be moving away in a week, or whatnot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jalida wrote:

Well, I mean until they get it fixed it wouldn't hurt to keep moving that sim back right? It's better than nothing. I'm not saying I don't agree with you fully here, just trying to give helpful advice...if it's needed. Hahaa. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Sims in the sim bin are copies. They don't have the same skills and relationships as the deleted sims.

And for people who still don't get it. Turning off story progression does nothing. :roll:

The game is broken.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top