Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Metro Lad Pad - BuildNShare #46 entry - by MeestorMark

This is my entry for the City Boy challenge for BnS #46.

Had to keep the budget under $150k. The house needed secure garage for 6 cars. Other requirements were 2 br, 2ba, a media room and to keep the colors neutral, and keep the maintenance needs down for the client.

The "client" for the challenge was Mr. 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Fast cars and fast women are his interests apparently. So the video has both of those present. Neither the cars nor the women download with the lot. ;o)

MetroLadPad.png

Link to the lot: Metro Lad Pad

Link to the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTbeaPJsD4

As always, comments are welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    All I can Meestor is that after seeing that build, I am VERY glad that I didn't enter this week's challenge, lol. I seriously am at a loss for words on how cool this build is. It is the perfect man home. *whisper* I'm not a man, but I would love to live there too.

I choked on my coffee at the part in the vid where the girl was pitching the eggshells out to the side in the kitchen. Doesn't she know that she shouldn't be making a mess in there? Btw...was she making pancakes? She was, wasn't she? :wink:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW Mark! Your lot is every man's dream of a bachelor's playground! I think! Just like Bree since I am not a man it is hard to say but still it is a dream of a city build! What an impressive build! Love the architecture and the swimming pool wrapped around the building! Like the steep driveway! The decks are really amazing! Inside all the rooms are really beautifully decorated! My favourite rooms are the kitchen, the bathroom, the living room and the bedroom! Brilliant stuff! I am always amazed about the uniqueness of your lot! I am off to recommend your lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey MeestorMark. I saw this first on The Simmers Society and recommended your Metro Lad Pad. The Lot is really amazing. I definitely want to live there. Your choice of color palette is perfect for a bachelor. And the show room with cars, WOW, very nice.

I also have a pending lot for a bachelor, supposed to be submitted for B-n-S City Boy challenge but right now my PC is busted and using a PC with no Sims, Ggrrr :p

Again, amazing Pad! :D

• Options
    SpectrefiendSpectrefiend Posts: 129 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Mark, this is an excellent build as always mate. I am very envious of your skill. I'm also glad to not enter against you heh... Really liked the vid too, very professional, I hate you :P

Good luck.

-Spec :wink:
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited April 2010
    wow Meestormark, any bachelor would be envious of this place. I love the multi levels and various entrys. It all works great,colour scheme is good too.

rec from me. :)
  • Options
    cuddlesomeQteecuddlesomeQtee Posts: 112 New Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW! That is exquisite. I can't check out the youtube video though but if the pic above is anything to go by. WOW! WOW! WOW! :shock: :thumbup:
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Total jaw droppage Meestor. smiley-shocked004.gif WOW. So swanky and sleek I love everything about it.. that stunning garage is truly fit for an auto(mobile)phile. Gorgeous architecture, interiors and that pool area.. again just WOW. I really enjoyed the movie tour, awesome camera movements.. really showcases the build perfectly. Definite DRF!
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2010
    what an awesome house. Though it looks like it would fit more in a desert landscape world then in Sunset Vally, You did a great job. I thought the car showroom was the best. The girls were way to funny! It seems his house was kind of a social club for women lol! I couldnt help but laugh at the girl cooking as well. And the burnt hotdogs! lol :-p
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    W
    O
    W
    !

Meestor how cool is that?!? I am with Bree I wanna live there....and fill it with Aston Martins *sigh*

Spectacular! How do you think up these things, the exterior pods interconnecting and the driveway to the ultimate showroom! Its fabulous! I love all the windows showing the cars we are allowed to look at but not touch lol.
    The interiors are modern and stylish ! TOP build and it's going to live in my favourites!

:D
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe you built such a cool house for under $150k. I love it and I recommended it!
  • Options
    ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited April 2010
    That is an amazing house. Defiantly going to get a rec from me..
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow! This is an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC building!! I am sorry for the judge that needs to do a constructive criticism; I can’t find one!! It’s perfect!!! Sniff. My chances to win are totally gone!
    Definitely DRF :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow, amazing job! :shock: This house is fantastic!
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    AWESOME!! Soooo glad you got to finish this, I love the exterior, your showroom garage is stunning (but what else would you expect from a man? :P ) Rec'd, fav'd, and will dl it too! Man, I almost forgot, the terrain paint is amazing!!
  • Options
    OHYEAxSIMSOHYEAxSIMS Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Woah, one of the best I've seen yet. The video is amazing too :]
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2010
    Amazing build! :)
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    Breanne - Thank you for the lovely comments. I am sure you still would have held your own. ;o) It was your loft from "City Girl" that inspired me to get back to my BnS challenge roots. When I noticed her throwing the egg shells, I was stoked I caught it while filming. Even got it both times. Sometimes it is like the little simmies know we are filming and their inner ham takes over. Lol. And... no... she too claimed something, blah, blah, blah, about not being able to do pancakes and instead made waffles... Familiar? Lol.

Yanti - Thank you so much. Your comments are always lovely to read; and never fail to brighten my day and make me blush a little. Thank you.

SuperPogimon - Thank you again! :o) So sorry to hear about your PC problems. Grrr indeed. I hope you get the issues fixed soon, as I would be bonkers if my PC died. Would love to see what you came up with for this challenge too.

Spectrefiend - Your comments always give me a good laugh. Thank you for the compliments. :o)

Fieryfemale - Thank you for the rec and comments. I know I am jealous of this guy's place myself. Lol.

CuddlesomeQtee - Thank you for the WOWs. Not sure what is wrong with the video for you. I know sometimes I have to refresh the page once or twice to get the embedded video to show, but the link directly to the YouTube page should work even if the embedded video doesn't show up for you. I hope you get to see the video. :o)

Allure - Thank you for the great comments Allure, and the DRF too! I think I am converted to video tours from now on. They just show off lots so much better. And not that much more time now that I am getting used to Sony Vegas. "Jaw droppage," is a cool phrase; going to have to "borrow" that one. :o)

Happyjme - Thank you for the cool comments as well, and the good luck wish. Agree with you about the sand fitting a desert a bit more than Sunset Valley. Where I live, a lot of people are starting to do what they call "zero-scaping". Usually with more plants than this, but a lot of people are using sand more and more. Mostly it is to conserve water in the semi-desert, but the added benefit of not mowing lawns is nice. Lol. That is why I did it here, the fictional client for the challenge wanted little maintenance. When I saw the girl burning the hot dogs while filming I was cracking up too. I got really lucky with the timing.

Allium - A vertical "WOW"! Sweet!! Lol. Indeed, a garage full of Aston Martins... I just can't put how cool that would be into words... Thank you for all the lovely compliments. Blushing and proud for this to be in the favorites. Woo!

JupiterGirl - Thank you for the rec and comments. :o) I did use a lot of cost cutting ideas from previous BnS entries to keep this under budget. Wasn't easy...

Ciaracaff - Thank you for the comment and rec too. :o)

Freynas - Aww, thank you very much for the great comments and DRF. Not so sure about your fine print, :wink: but thank you!

StyxLady - Thank you for the comments and the eye bulges. :shock: Don't know why, but that smiley makes me chuckle every time. :o)

Linday - Ooooo, another DRF! Sweet! Thank you for the great comments. Even if you are picking on us men and being fond of our garages. Lol.

OHYEAxSIMS - Whoa, That is a great compliment. Thank you!

_Princess_Natash_ - Thank you as well. :o)
  • Options
    ChicagoStormChicagoStorm Posts: 1,019 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow! What an awesome lot! Every time I see one of your lots, I go completely speechless and my mouth is usually wide open when that happens lol

I need this in real life. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ChicagoStorm - Thank you very much for your comments. Jaw drops and wows are great compliments in my book. :o)
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    This is so cool Meestor! I'm digging that floating box style. As always it's chock full of awesome details! Your tour was fabulous! You've got the camera techniques down my friend! :!: Reced!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thank you SimEve! I am really enjoying the video tours. Think they aren't that much more work either. Well as long as I don't have to match lyrics and animations like the previous one that is. Lol. Thanks again for the comments and rec! :o)
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi MeestorMark love0004.gif

Very nice indeed, Just fab..
    Love that garage thats it up a hilly bit, a great idea..
    Very modern décor throughout the place..
    And a well deserved rec from me..

Thanks for sharing this fabulous home, definately a lad pad lol..

Love
    Z love0004.gif
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow! :shock:
    It looks amazing!!! :mrgreen:
    Rec'd, fav'd and dl'd! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zin779 - Thank you for the great comments! Love the word, fab. :o)

Vanilija - Thank you as well! For the rec, fav, and DL too. Woo!
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Zin779 - Thank you for the great comments! Love the word, fab. :o)

Vanilija - Thank you as well! For the rec, fav, and DL too. Woo!

Your Welcome love love0004.gif

Please, call me Zinda or Z..Thanks!..

Z love0004.gif