Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystic Cove- Olcastle Ruins finished page 3

Mystic Cove is my entry for Ricslady's Fill my world challenge.

Information and download for Colcastle Ridge
http://www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=13&id=9100

Mystic Cove is located at 1000 Marblewick Road in Colcastle Ridge. It is a forest glenn down near the river- full of mystery, tragedy, heartache, love and ohhhh yes, a ghost...

This small one bedroom cottage was one of the first homes built by the survivors. The ship wreck left a young child, Brandy Wine, an orphan. Braedon Mckenzie was a young sailor aboard the ship. With no family of his own, he grew attatched to little Brandy, and appointed himself as her guardian of sorts. He painstakingly built them a little home near the river, high up on a hill so that they could keep watch for any ships. Over the years, the village grew, people settled in and made lives for themselves. Braedon helped to build another ship... not so people could leave, they considered this home now. They just wanted some sort of contact with the outside world. Braedon had the sea and adventure in his heart as well as Brandy. Eventually Brandy grew up into a fine young woman, she had loved Braedon forever and wanted only to be his wife- not his little sister or burden. One day Braedon realized that Brandy had indeed grown up, and he loved her in very different way... well, everyone knows the rest of that story!

Braedon and Brandy were so in love, but alas- tragedy struck again before they could marry. While Braedon was away on one of his trips, Brandy suffered an awful disaster and was drowned. It seemed the fates and the sea were taking one they had missed the first time.

Heartbroken, Braedon tried everything to revive her. He even went so far as to bring her remains to the science facility. They claimed to be doing successful research on bringing the dead back to life. Unfortunately, they had little success and Braedon was sent home with a ghost of his beloved Brandy.

There are two versions of the lot in my studio. Both are the same home, just different households.

Mystic Cove1 is the lot with Braedon, and Brandy's tombstone under the willow trees.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2298817

Mystic Cove2 is the same lot with Braedon and ghost Brandy
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2298822

Wine-McKenzie is the household
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2298823

296iv5u.jpg
156bz4l.jpg

Here some photos of Braedon and Brandy in their happier days!
ms12za.jpg
swaa6e.jpg
jrfmuf.jpg
35851j6.jpg
if2vsg.jpg
241sb9g.jpg
iqf02u.jpg
rr7gom.jpg
iz817m.jpg

Because this thread now includes a number of creations all related to Colcastle Ridge, I am trying to do a little housekeeping and make things a bit easier to find. I will be posting the links to creations here on the first page, then for more detailed information on the world, the story and the builds, you can continue with the rest of the thread!

Oldcastle Ruins
160sj5v.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2344305

WillowBrook Grove
v8kdmv.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2319210

Brandy Wine- alive version
jrfmuf.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2327989

Wine-Mckenzie household- Ghost Brandy and husband, Braedon
3dbvn.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2298823

Reverand Wellington, wife- Minerva and daughter, Lila
2vsj7na.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2344869

Evan Brooks and family
15oyx6s.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2344859

Comments

• Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh my gosh, I love your story! And the house too, it's so cute! You're incredibly creative. :D
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited April 2010
    Additional pics of the home and lot
    15pqqlu.jpg
    118myrt.jpg

In Mystic Cove 1, you will find Brandy's grave here
    9a60et.jpg

xda4k0.jpg
    3501e88.jpg

upstairs bath room
    1z68fpz.jpg

ixxis6.jpg

ri839l.jpg
    waq5ap.jpg
    2jb44ev.jpg
    w9wu29.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Judy
    I love your landscaping and the way you have used the terrain tool. The little cottage fits your story perfectly. Left a rec. :D
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ohh...such a sweet and sad story! I agree with Folly...your house fits your story perfectly. I can see them both living there happily. What a wonderful entry for Risc's challenge!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks everyone for the downloads and the recs on this project! I have to credit Ricslady for the inspiration on this creation!! When I read her background story and saw her world, I immediately had some ideas!! I had a hard time in fact narrowing the scope of my creative imagination on it! :mrgreen: The more I looked at Colscastle Ridge and the story around it, I kept thinking of two songs that got stuck in my head :lol:
    Here are the two song lyrics that I used for inspiration

Into The Mystic lyrics

We were born before the wind
    Also younger than the sun
    Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
    Hark, now hear the sailors cry
    Smell the sea and feel the sky
    Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic
    And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
    And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it
    I don't have to fear it
    I want to rock your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 soul
    Just like way back in the days of old
    Then magnificently we will float into the mystic
    And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
    And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
    I don't have to fear it
    I want to rock your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 soul
    Just like way back in the days of old
    And together we will float into the mystic
    Come on girl...

Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)"

(As recorded by Looking Glass)
    ELLIOT LURIE

There's a port on a western bay
    And it serves a hundred ships a day
    Lonely sailors pass the time away
    And talk about their homes

And there's a girl, in this harbor town
    And she works, laying whiskey down
    They say "Brandy, fetch another round"
    She serves them whiskey and wine

The sailors say "Brandy, you're a fine girl
    What a good wife you would be
    Yeah your eyes could steal a sailor
    From the sea."

Brandy, wears a braided chain
    Made of finest silver from the north of Spain
    A locket, that bears the name
    Of a man that Brandy loved

He came, on a summer's day
    Bringing gifts, from far away
    But he made it clear, he couldn't stay
    No harbor was his home

The sailors said "Brandy, you're a fine girl
    But my life, my lover, my lady
    Is the sea."

Yeah Brandy used to watch his eyes when he told his sailor's story
    She could feel the ocean fall and rise, she saw it's raging glory
    But he had always told the truth, Lord he was an honest man
    And Brandy does her best to understand

At night, when the bars close down
    Brandy walks through a silent town
    And loves a man, who's not around
    She still can hear him say, she hears him say

"Brandy, you're a fine girl
    Is the sea"

"Brandy, you're a fine girl
    Is the sea"

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Here is a list of the store items used in the build. The challenge allows store items, cc patterns and terrain paints but no other cc items.

dramatic curls hairstyle
    statue of unknown seamstress
    Galileo's obsrver telescope
    model simeotrope
    retronator stove
    In the Park by Alwack
    Harvest time
    cornucopia
    cutkelvin's love seat
    che bells
    superior pedestal sink
    solitude boat (listed as cc because you have to download Riverview to get it)

• Options
    SpinTheMoonSpinTheMoon Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is beautiful Judy! I love your style! I love how you fill your lots with such inspiring detail. Everything is perfectly placed yet not contrived. Mystic Cove is more than a house created for a world. It's a world created for Brandy and Braedon. I'm off to rec everything. I usually rec first but I got excited when I saw this. :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Judy,

Finally the forums is letting me post! Been trying since yesterday evening to post comments for your lot! Anyway, I really love your lot! Specially the landscaping is amazing! I really love the steep driveway! The house itself has lots of rustic charm! I love your beautiful tragic love story! Are you a writer by any chance? Really poignant story! I have already commented on Ricslady thread and left a recommendation for your lovely lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spin and Yanti, thank you for those comments! I love to write the background stories that go along with the creations, it makes it so much easier for me when I am building the lot! Haaaa while I love to write, I usually get so involved and carried away with the little details that I never finish any of the stories!

I have another lot already built that I am planning to try and place next to this one... I am hoping that I can redo this build a little and it will fit nicely next to Mystic Cove?
    zx4ls3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, I started on the other lot, totally ripped it down to the very basic structure and pretty much started over with it! Here is what it looks like now.

Willowbrook Cottage
    24y7arc.jpg

While I was building, I panned out as far as possible to get these pics of what the two lots look like from the neighborhood view
    15gs6l5.jpg
    2dgqips.jpg

Mystic Cove is the top home
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi again Judy,

Your new lot looks very good! I think the lot that you ripped out and started anew, didn't look bad either! I quite like the stone facade! Either way, those 2 lots look good! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    :D haaaa it's ok, I have that lot save and will most likely place it on the other side of the river! I am really enjoying this world and am creating my own little version of Colcastle Ridge as it might have looked in the earliest years.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just wanted to add these preview pics of WillowBrook cottage
    2v32c79.jpg
    2hs6z5g.jpg
    2znmwqe.jpg
    rgvu9s.jpg
    23iccc7.jpg
    r0dqax.jpg
    166fzmu.jpg
    25551r8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've started working on the upstairs of Willowbrook... have some basics of it done
    This is what constitutes the master bedroom in this cottage... it is meant to be a somewhat rustic, makeshift theme which will be better detailed when I get the family and story in place for this home. There is a rather sound reason for the curtains instead of walls... in rl, it's much easier to share limited heat in one open space than in closed off rooms! I did enclose the bathroom for privacy sake :lol:
    5fjbqv.jpg
    67vciv.jpg
    nnk1fm.jpg
    9k5ono.jpg
    19xr2o.jpg

This is the walk out bathroom that was with original build... I am thinking to probably swap the furnishings with the upstairs bath's in order to make this one more rustic and the indoor one a bit comfier.
    14y73on.jpg
  • Options
    BeccaRoxBeccaRox Posts: 368 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi judyworks, I'm so glad I saw this thread...your lot is beautiful. And I love the story and the pictures...how tragic and romantic. I'm leaving you a rec for sure.

And the new cottage is looking great. I can't wait to see how that looks once is finished. Maybe you could come up with a story for that one too...hint, hint. :wink:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Hi Becca, thank you! Ahhhhh don't worry, there is a story with the second one as well. I just want to get the home and lot finished before I add the family and their story!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've pretty much finished decorating the upstairs and the walk out bathroom.

2d7inp5.jpg
    rk8tpe.jpg
    r22ntz.jpg
    dcpu2p.jpg
    wi82o6.jpg
    t62bzb.jpg
    i28xg7.jpg
    2nkncx1.jpg
    2i942ms.jpg
    15716qu.jpg
    xd57yf.jpg
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited May 2010
    Mystic Cove is absolutly fantastic. I love what you've done to the entrance and the whole lot has that mystic cottage feeling :) Your interiors look great too, very rustic and cozy.

Gave you recs.

Oh, and the other cottage looks very nice too :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    :D Thanks Tota! Now that I've finished most of the interior decorating on the second one, I can go back to finish the landscaping and the family!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, Willowbrook Grove is pretty much finished now... I just need to go back in and so some editing :lol: got a little carried away with my imagination tonight!
    After that, I will add the family and background story!!
    2w7mzrd.jpg
    2gv4v46.jpg
    4fvpdl.jpg
    10naljs.jpg
    dcdkc6.jpg
    ezg7wi.jpg
    14m9h5x.jpg

:shock: There is a huge amount of cc in this project, but I did make sure it is all transferable! I also used a number of store items, which I will provide a list of later!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have finished the WillowBrook Grove lot and got it uploaded to the exchange. It did end up being a very large file size- I'm not really sure whether it was due to the transferable cc, the store items, or the lot causing the large size?

It is specifically designed for the 800 Marblewick Road address in Ricslady's Colcastle Ridge world. If you put it on any other lots you will have to manually adjust some of your terrain. I will supply a link to Ricslady's world here as well, since both of these lots were designed for that world! :D I am also providing an alternate download for it if it does not want to download or install from the exchange- I know all about the difficulties we're all encountering with that!!

Exchange link to WillowBrook Grove
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2319210
    ezg7wi.jpg
    2w7mzrd.jpg

My next step is to do the family and story for them!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have added the link to information for Colcastle to the first post of this thread, but want to repeat it again here
    http://www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=13&id=9100

This is the mediafire link for WillowBrook Grove
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5izzyumyjdj
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hi Judy,

Love your WillowBrook Grove! :D Really pretty architecture and the landscaping is really good! Love the well and the barn area with all the cow, calf and those adorable chickens! Makes me so wistful for a sim 3 farm animals ep! Why is EA ignoring our request I wonder! Anyway, I have recommended your lot but when I clicked on the recommendation button, it didn't count my recommendation! Huh? :shock: What's happening with this forum lately! Many people cannot download either from the look of it! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yanti, I don't know what's going with the exchange- yeah apparently there is a problem with the downloading? I may have to take it down for now.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    That is beautiful! I wish the exchange wasn't so screwed up! It makes me angry when lovely lots don't get the notice they deserve because of stupid problems like this one that has been going on forever! :evil: Sorry... I had to get that out. I would re-upload this once the exchange is fixed. But for now a definite rec. at least...