Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Linday's lots *** ANOTHER starter on page 45***

Comments

• Options
    SpinTheMoonSpinTheMoon Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2010
    I love it!! :D I wish I could build houses like that. I love the shape of the house. I love the blond wood with the black walls. I love the lights on the roof. Everything looks gorgeous! Rec from me.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Princess Natasha: Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like what I do! :)

SpinTheMoon: Thank you so much!:) I don't know what you're talking about though, you're a great builder yourself!
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited April 2010
    linday wrote:
    And yet again, this thread won't let me see the next page until it has two posts...

Thank you so much Freynas, glad you like it! The architecture plans in the office was kind of a nudge towards Ambitions - guess which carreer I will try out first? :P I am really happy with how the fireplace wall turned out - it adds a lot of warmth to the pale grey walls. And a DRF! Thank you so much - you're so sweet!

Left you a comment on your thread too :)

Hummm, I think will be the doctor, no! No doctors!! :?: hummm :?: hint hint! Ahh the architect!!!! Yay!!!! Me too! What a coincidence! :mrgreen:
    I can’t wait to have this EP, it sounds so cute and interesting, and I think will add so much for the game play.
    DRF!!! You don’t now me? I need to start a new town and place your latest lots there; I am running out of space. :lol:
    Thanks for the comment I appreciate it.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I might have to start a new "Freynasville" myself - or continue on it - lots of Freynas-homes surrounding the airport --- oh wait, poor simmies can't live next to an airport, they'll never sleep then...

I might make my avi into a doctor too - she looks great in a lab coat! :P Can she juggle two jobs at a time?
  • Options
    crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Awesome house, linday! Love the bathroom :] I'm gonna download, rec, and favorite. I can't get my eyes off this house :]

(P.S., can you tell me how to put pictures on a forum? I want to make a house- so yeah! Thanks!)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you so much, crg! So glad you like it!

So exciting that you are gonna upload a house! I know there's a few tutorials out there on how to put the pics in, how detailed description of it do you think you need?

First thing, create an account at a pic hosting webside, for example photobucket or imageshack. Then, upload your images there, be sure to resize the images to 640x480, any wider than that results in the forum page breaking. Then you need to copy the code for forums, and paste it in the window here. The code should look something like this:

[*URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/i/forumcodeoneimagecopy.jpg/][*IMG]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7168/forumcodeoneimagecopy.jpg[*/IMG][*/URL]

Never mind the stars, that's just for keeping the image from showing up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks! Oh, does picnik work with it? Or does it have to be photobucket? Excited? Seriously? Woah, that means a lot! It's not going to be modern nor victorian-style.... It's based off one of the houses in my neighborhood- but it's gonna be different, I'm just stealing the outside :P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    THAT I don't know, I'm not familiar with picnic! Anything online that hosts pics works fine, really, as long as you can get a link from it - you can always add the image tags for it to show up yourself!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Okay, I got a photobucket so it really doesn't matter anymore :P I'll be back- gonna download your house :]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok so I finished the house and have all the pictures- but how do I make it a URL?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    linday wrote:
    I might have to start a new "Freynasville" myself - or continue on it - lots of Freynas-homes surrounding the airport --- oh wait, poor simmies can't live next to an airport, they'll never sleep then...

I might make my avi into a doctor too - she looks great in a lab coat! :P Can she juggle two jobs at a time?

Freynasville!!!! Hahahah. I think lindaysville is better. :mrgreen:
    I am so glad you like the airport. I had so much fun doing it with IdaNoReally. Yea! Please let the poor Sims sleep at night placing their house far away from the airport. LOL :lol:
    I am positive, that your avi can juggle two jobs at the same time, although I don’t think the game will aloud her to do it. :?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How can a game determine what my avi needs to do to stay alive? If she needs two jobs, she should be able to have them. Lol!
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Linday, this really is such a cool looking lot! You've done a wonderful job on it (just like all of your other builds, lol). I love all of your color choices throughout the house...very appropriate for a bachelor.

I've dl'd the lot and will take a tour later when I get a few moments to play in the game. I can't wait!! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you so much, Bree! Glad you like it - hope you'll enjoy your in-game tour as well! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ministarter.png

I have uploaded my first build in a loooong time! A tiny starter, about §16 000, built on a 10x10 lot (!). Nothing too special, but I had to do something while I wait for inspiration to finish some of my bigger homes. The house comes with a living room with kitchen and dining area, a double bedroom, bathroom and carport.

NO CC except for patterns!

Exchange link

Some pics:

screenshot79i.jpg

screenshot74s.jpg

More pics can be found at my blog!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ....just so I can see the next page...
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yay Linday is back and with a bang! Really lovely starter Linday! Pretty architecture (lovely exterior wall colour) and cosy interiors! Recommended! Looking forward to seeing more of your builds in the exchange! :thumbup:
  • Options
    HambilHambil Posts: 575
    edited July 2010
    That is very, very cute. Can't wait to see those big houses you are working on.

I took a look at your studio and wow - some amazing work. The river boat made my fav list. Heck, I could fill my fav list to whatever the limit is between you and Peacy and Fid - I've still so much to learn lol.

Plus, I feel like I've missed some kind of Renaissance or something, because I keep 'discovering' all these 'old' builders with amazing stuff that was built before I even started playing.

What a place this must have been to hang out once...
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi!
    Great starter, love the layout! :thumbup:
    I'm on my way to rec and check out your other stuff. :)
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Linday, rec and dl from me.... and now you are on a break from work I expect more from you!
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited July 2010
    Linday's back,back back...back again! I was wondering where you went! I'd be sad if one of my favorite builders left.
    This is a great starter. I love how you used the under-stair space and kept it functional and made it look like the entire under-stair areas is usable. Brilliant use of space. A definite rec.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi Linday! I am between family visiting and world cup so I don’t have too much time to enjoy the site like I’ll love to but have to say it’s always good to see your buildings. This starter is a great house. Love everything about it. The color is a great choice and it’s definitely a charming little house. Rec and dld for sure.
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited July 2010
    I absolutely love it, it's so cute and you did a wonderful. A rec from me :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yanti: Even after so long, you still are the first to pop in! :D Glad you like it! :)

Hambil: Thank you so much for stopping by! To hear you mention me together with Peacy and Fid makes me blush :oops: :oops: :oops: I've seen some of your stuff, and you're doing great! :)
    Since you mention it, there really are some amazing builders out there who have been MIA for some time now... Hmmm...

vanilija: Thank you so much! Glad you like it! :)

Smoky: You think I will use my breaks from rl decorating to do some sim decorating? You know me too well...

SimEve: Between modelling, doll issues, game issues and lack of inspiration, I just didn't want to build for a long time. I'm here now though :) Thank you so much for your kind words :)

Freynas: So nice to see you again! Glad to hear you like it!:) Been a while since I last saw a new Freynas-build though!

strelitzia: Thank you so much, glad you like it! :)
  • Options
    HambilHambil Posts: 575
    edited July 2010
    linday wrote:
    Hambil: Thank you so much for stopping by! To hear you mention me together with Peacy and Fid makes me blush :oops: :oops: :oops: I've seen some of your stuff, and you're doing great! :)
    I think the work I'm doing has it moments, but my inability to understand and apply CFE is killing me. I spent the last 4 hours reading tutorials and playing on an empty lot just trying to build ONE slanted wall like you have on your boat, and I swear I must just be <insert word for stupid that is stupidly censored> lol.