Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chez Nous - a French lot by Yanti68 (built for Ricslady's world - Colcastle Ridge)!

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys,

I want to share the lot I built for Ricslady's world Colcastle Ridge. The lot is called Chez Nous which means 'our house'! I am interested to know what you think about my lot. All comments are welcome. Also, if you download the lot or like my lot please do recommend. Thanks! Here are some pics:

4545232646_c60933516d_o.jpg[img][/img]4545233754_dc3dc9a853_o.jpg[img][/img]4544600773_9f6779ee34_o.jpg[img][/img]4544599925_9af7fb2a1e_o.jpg[img][/img]4545232780_f763fe65e8_o.jpg[img][/img]4544600043_cae067c145_o.jpg[img][/img]4544600097_fcabe6b7b1_o.jpg[img][/img]4545233288_2f8774a6f1_o.jpg[img][/img]4545233158_4689a7efc5_o.jpg[img][/img]4544600261_1cb8364458_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234128_97cf893d01_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601291_434d6e533e_o.jpg[img][/img]4545233344_bd9b353c5d_o.jpg[img][/img]4544600725_c0850bb8bd_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601703_b9089f8461_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601351_60dbfb468b_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234196_24942eba38_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234220_d39c01b6fa_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234254_6843c19278_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601473_ee03b5cfc4_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601599_20ee6416d5_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601723_45f155ab2c_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234580_37336ced17_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601787_bbb298e0f5_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601843_36e1789fc5_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234638_c643512a6b_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601889_7be0f84d0a_o.jpg[img][/img]4544601923_325f565fb9_o.jpg[img][/img]4545234770_e563fe31e3_o.jpg[img][/img]4544602543_74f00a6e54_o.jpg[img][/img]4544602575_f979d293d4_o.jpg[img][/img]4545235330_7589a88c8f_o.jpg[img]For more pics click on this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49543168@N08/sets/72157623789526085/ Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2282134[/img]

Comments

• Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow, it's really nice :D.
  • Options
    SidonzoSidonzo Posts: 196 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I really love this! You have a great sense of color design. ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SilverDragon111 - Thanks for checking out my lot! Glad you liked it! :D

Sidonzo - Thanks a lot! Glad you like my colour scheme! Thanks for checking out my lot! :D
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited April 2010
    yanti i just want to say i love following your work. i see improvement after improvement and seeing you in the pro entries for Fidlerton's challenge makes me very proud of you. you have come a long way and produce life like, beautiful and playable lots. this is no exception. you have done a brilliant job and i look forward to more and more lots from you.

of to rec

• Options
    edited April 2010
    yanti i just want to say i love following your work. i see improvement after improvement and seeing you in the pro entries for Fidlerton's challenge makes me very proud of you. you have come a long way and produce life like, beautiful and playable lots. this is no exception. you have done a brilliant job and i look forward to more and more lots from you.

of to rec

Hi Peace! :mrgreen: You just made my day! You are so sweet! :D I was feeling a little down and your lovely compliments cheered me up! Wow! It is so nice to hear that you like following my work and that you think that I am improving! Thanks a bunch for the encouragement Peace! About going pro in Fid's challenge, I am very nervous about that! I do not fit the pro profile as yet! Someday maybe! I keep hoping! I have a lot to learn but I am enjoying the process! Seeing all the entries in Pro section has really made me nervous! Coming back to Chez Nous, the current lot, I am so glad you liked it and thanks a bunch for recommending!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Yanti
    Another beautiful garden by Yanti I especially love the private courtyard with the fountain and the little sunroom a great place to enjoy the garden on a winters day.
    The kitchen and dining rooms are my favourite with the light coloured wood and the olive green walls. Off to rec now. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    follyfoot wrote:
    Hi Yanti
    Another beautiful garden by Yanti I especially love the private courtyard with the fountain and the little sunroom a great place to enjoy the garden on a winters day.
    The kitchen and dining rooms are my favourite with the light coloured wood and the olive green walls. Off to rec now. :D

Hi Folly,

Great to hear from you! :D Thanks for always checking out my lot and always giving such lovely comments! I really appreciate your support! Glad to hear that you liked my build and the garden! I was happy too about the dining room, the sunroom and the kitchen! Thanks for recommending! :D
  • Options
    SpectrefiendSpectrefiend Posts: 129 New Member
    edited April 2010
    She's so purrdy! Excellent quality as always Yanti, very warm and inviting, Rec from me :-o
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    She's so purrdy! Excellent quality as always Yanti, very warm and inviting, Rec from me :-o

Hi Spec! What a nice thing to say! I am glad you think that my lot is warm and inviting! That was my goal! Thanks a lot for the recommendation and for your kind words! Really appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    SpinTheMoonSpinTheMoon Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yanti your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I agree with everything Folly said. I love the name too. :D Rec.

Now I'm the one shaking in my boots.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yanti your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I agree with everything Folly said. I love the name too. :D Rec.

Now I'm the one shaking in my boots.

Awwwwwwww thanks Spin! So happy to hear that you like my lot! Coming from you that means a lot! I admire your builds so much! Yeah, I was playing around with different French names and finally decided on Chez Nous (our house). Thought that it had a nice ring to it! Glad you approve! Thanks a bunch for the recommendation! Appreciate that very much! :D
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Another pretty build from Yanti! Yay!! You've really done such a nice job on this lot Yanti. Just looking around I see all kinds of neat little things. I really like the sunroom. That is always one of my favorite features on a house...so darling and fits perfectly with this build!

Your landscaping is gorgeous (as usual, lol) and I loooove all of the little areas that you have created everywhere. Everything is so pretty!

I agree with Peacy, btw...I've seen so much improvement in each lot that you have produced and have been seeing that improvement for a long time now. I can see how much time and effort you put into everything that you do. You really have created some beautiful lots and I always look forward to seeing another Yanti build as well! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Another pretty build from Yanti! Yay!! You've really done such a nice job on this lot Yanti. Just looking around I see all kinds of neat little things. I really like the sunroom. That is always one of my favorite features on a house...so darling and fits perfectly with this build!

Your landscaping is gorgeous (as usual, lol) and I loooove all of the little areas that you have created everywhere. Everything is so pretty!

I agree with Peacy, btw...I've seen so much improvement in each lot that you have produced and have been seeing that improvement for a long time now. I can see how much time and effort you put into everything that you do. You really have created some beautiful lots and I always look forward to seeing another Yanti build as well! :D

Hi there Bree! Always happy to hear from you! You are always so supportive and encouraging! I appreciate it very much! It is very touching! Compliments like this motivates me to improve and keep building! Yeah I love sunrooms too! Always wanted to have one (in real life)! Pity that we do not have 'motherlode cheat' in real life! :lol: Happy to hear that you liked the garden too! Thanks for checking out my lot and for your kind words! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bump :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You're very welcome Yanti! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yanti absolutely beautiful as usual. You have done a marvellous job with this one. I've recommended and downloaded. Where did you get the ivy that crawls up the fence and walls? I hope it will download with the house.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yanti absolutely beautiful as usual. You have done a marvellous job with this one. I've recommended and downloaded. Where did you get the ivy that crawls up the fence and walls? I hope it will download with the house.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Hi there Merry,

Nice to hear that you liked my lot! I always look forward to your comment! Thanks for downloading and recommending! Really appreciate it! About the ivy, well it came with the base game! I just used the shrubs of different sizes and used MOO cheat to make it look like climbing ivy! Hope you enjoy the lot in your game!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spin,

Your code is not working for some reason! Maybe I copied it wrongly! Am I supposed to copy the whole thing? Do I need to leave out certain things? Sorry to sound like an idiot! I am not familiar with these things! :(
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's ok Yanti! I want to learn how to make an arched bridge. You just wait for the I don't get it questions I'm going to have. :lol:

I just had another look and you're right. It keeps adding < br / >. Try copying everything below and pasting it into your empty signature box. After you paste everything remove any spaces so everything is touching.

[ url=http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=yanti68 ] [ img]http://i41.tinypic.com/10hued3.jpg[ /img ][ /url]

It should look like this:

4545945455_f00df348f2.jpg

10hued3.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yanti..it is a beautiful lot..for your house and interior,there was nothing i could have advised to enhance it anymore,everything looked wonderful and era accurate.since your always admiring my landscaping i was going to offer a few suggestions to enhance it a little more,but when i saw the download link,i knew it was to late.Anywayi gave this wonderful home a rec,and when your doing landscaping,feel free to pick my brain,i may have something to offer there and you know where to find me..lol
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yanti, this is so gorgeous, and your best work yet *jumps up and down with excitement* Fabulous exteriors, and that amazing yanti-style landscaping, which I love. The dining room is awesome! Love the shade of green, it looks so inviting. The bathroom is so cute! The whole house seems so lived in and charming. With this lot, you have proven that you belong with the pros. Dl'd, rec'd and fav'd!
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited April 2010
    Remember what I said about your spanish lot? Well I think I should just copy/paste that here too! Your landscaping never fails to impress me - I really like how you used the archway with the two trees placed either side (or are they technically bushes? I can't remember what section they come under ;) ) it looks like they're climbing up and around the arch. Also I'll echo what others have said in that the bathroom is really well done. The awning above the bath and mirror is a neat idea. :thumbup:

Consider this Rec'd! I look forward to your future lots. :)
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Fabulous! Such a delightful home, beautifully landscaped (as always). The covered sitting area is so lovely! Interiors are awesome too, I especially love shot of the dining room, the soft, delicate shade of green with the light wood looks sooo good. Off to rec!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Darkside - Hi there! Thanks for your compliments! It is nice to know that you like my landscaping and the build! Since you are being so generous I will definitely ask for landscaping tips from you now and then! Each time I see your builds I learn something new! Thanks for recommending my lot! Really appreciate it! :D

Linday - Hiya! Always great to hear from you! Lovely to hear that there is a Yanti style landscaping! Didn't know that it existed! :lol: Very touching to hear that I belong in the pro category now! I try my best! Wow! It is mindblowingly to know that my lot is in your favourite folder! Now I am jumping up and down with joy! :lol: Thanks for the kind words Linday and for downloading and recommending! Hope you enjoy the lot in your game! :D

Tdewd - Awwwwww, thanks for your lovely compliments! It is very touching to know that you look forward to my builds! Amazing! :shock: The two trees are trees and not bushes! Just used the MOO cheat to make it look like a climbing plant! Glad you liked the bathroom too! Thanks for the recommendation! I really appreciate it! :D

Allure - Another of my favourite builder stopping to comment on my lot! I am a lucky simmer! :D Thanks a bunch for the recommendation! It is so rewarding to know that my efforts are appreciated! I am truly overwhelmed! I love the dining room too! I changed and rechanged the interiors a couple of times! After a while I decided to stay put with the green! I hope EA adds more patterns in the future eps! It is boring to work with the same patterns every time! Thanks a lot for the kind words Allure! :D
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yanti, this is another beautiful lot! The exterior and landscaping is wonderful, and the interior is beautiful too. I look forward to seeing your lots, they are always eye candy!