Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW LOT: Imperial Palace – page 17

Comments

• Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited April 2010
    Hi, Freynas! When I went back to look at your loft in my game, there was actually very little CC in it. It's easier to list what was there: washer and dryer, laundry shelf, dining table (but no chairs), Einfach Simlisch vase, and UM H1anging shelf. None of your CAS was visible, but the architecture was all there (yay!) There were no fixtures in the bathrooms, no bed, no artwork. Now I have a Mac and if you use a PC, that may have been a factor. You never know. On the other hand, I downloaded BreeStone's loft and all the CC seemed to be there. Don't know why! Hope this helps.
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Scoiattolo wrote:
    Hi, Freynas! When I went back to look at your loft in my game, there was actually very little CC in it. It's easier to list what was there: washer and dryer, laundry shelf, dining table (but no chairs), Einfach Simlisch vase, and UM H1anging shelf. None of your CAS was visible, but the architecture was all there (yay!) There were no fixtures in the bathrooms, no bed, no artwork. Now I have a Mac and if you use a PC, that may have been a factor. You never know. On the other hand, I downloaded BreeStone's loft and all the CC seemed to be there. Don't know why! Hope this helps.

Wow! So all the CAS with the wall is gone? That’s really interesting. If I don’t make a mistake the wall brick I used was the same as Bree used on her building, and the Metal in the walls are from the base game. The bed is from the same artist as the shelf…. really weird. Anyway, I appreciate you doing this and I apologize for you get an incomplete house. :( I am not a computer expert, so I don’t know if the fact you have a Mac is the problem. I don’t think so. I need to find out what’s going on. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Gorgeous! I am absolutely in love with the high ceiling living area. Such a sleek and stylish home... definite download, rec and fav! I really hope the CCs will transfer *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Freynas wrote:
    Scoiattolo wrote:

Wow! So all the CAS with the wall is gone? That’s really interesting. If I don’t make a mistake the wall brick I used was the same as Bree used on her building, and the Metal in the walls are from the base game. The bed is from the same artist as the shelf…. really weird. Anyway, I appreciate you doing this and I apologize for you get an incomplete house. :( I am not a computer expert, so I don’t know if the fact you have a Mac is the problem. I don’t think so. I need to find out what’s going on. Thank you for letting me know.

Oh no, Freynas! I installed it in the game to check as well for you and he is right...it missing quite a bit (and I'm on a PC not a mac, so I don't think that is the problem). I was wondering...I do this, so I thought maybe you do too. Did you save a WIP version of this to your library and then accidentally upload that instead of a finished version? It almost feels a bit like that as I'm looking around it...I know I usually save about 3 or 4 WIP versions of the lot as I work to my Library (just in case something happened). I don't know...just a thought.

I'm so sorry... :cry: It really is such a beautiful build! I'm not familiar with some of that CC, so I don't know if it trasnfers or not. Was all the CC that you used installed via your launcher (Sims3Packs)? If not, that may be the problem as well...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi Bree, you don’t have idea how much I appreciate the help you and many others gave to me in order to try to figure out this issue.
    I do think the CCs did not transferred to your game as well to the others because they are not transferable, even though they show as a sims3 pack. I can't come up with another reason.
    I don’t save a copy of the WIP, because usually I build my lots in just one time. What I do if I need to stop building, is save the game and leave it there; I don’t turn off the game and or the computer. And when I am heady to upload, I just share the lot from the “ground” instead the library.
    As for the way I install the CCs, yea they are via the launcher, when I decided to download something from the TSR site. Other than that they get transferred to my game after I download someone else’s lot. BTW I got all your CCs from your Loft. Great stuff! I am happy!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Well, this next lot I am updating tomorrow has CCs again and all the patterns I used on it I downloaded from TSR, so will be interesting to see if they transfer. I am not sure I will be able to upload it though, because I think the file size is too big. Didn't check it yet, as I am running out of time. :cry: Real life is calling me!!
    Anyway, thank you very much. I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Awww...well I wish there was a way to know for sure if things will transfer or not. I haven't ever had problems with anything that is installed through the launcher transferring, but I guess everything must not. Hmmmm...I guess the best way to know if something will transfer or not is to just get it from downloading someone eles's lot. Obviously if you install it and it's there, then it transfers, lol.

Well, I hope you can get your new lot up just fine. I'm really looking forward to seeing it! I worry about file size as well with the CC. It's so hard to not want to use something that would be perfect in a build just because you know you've already used quite a bit of CC and that file size just keeps growing, lol.

And you're very welcome for the help. Lol, unfortunately in the end it didn't help very much though, did it? I just wish everything would have uploaded with the lot as planned so that everyone could see how beautiful it really was.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bree you are so sweet! You did help me. Not just with some knowledge but to let me know how my building show up in your game.
    These adorable CCs, are killing me!!! :D I want to use all of them and yea they do increase a lot the size of the file. Why is that? Why they can’t make CCs smaller in size???
    Anyway, I am happy with then! I just get frustrated when I can’t upload my building because of the size and share with the community what I have created.
    Talking about it, my new lot doesn’t upload to the exchange, :cry: what makes me sad because I have uploaded other buildings bigger than that. Oh well! But thanks to other sources I can put it available for people who really want to download it.
    Thank you so much Bree. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi everyone!
    This is my entry for the Build-n-Share # 46 – City Boy - House of Party

Lawrence 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a yang bachelor with the traits ambitious, daredevil, heartbreaker, great kisser flirty and hot headed that loves the color black, pop music and sushi. He loves the woman too and what a better place to live than a house that is perfect for entertainment. This house may be bigger than what he asks for, but based on his life stile I think its perfect for him. It offers 2 bedrooms, 2 and a half bath, office, media room and an open living area with a lot of space for entertainment. The outside offers a beautiful view, again with a lot of space for the guests, BBQ area, fire pit and a pool. The 6 car garage is located underground.

Any comments are welcome.

Big thanks to the artists from TSR for the CCs I used.

[img]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Freynas/Build n Share 46/Screenshot-2.jpg?t=1272215835"width=600" "height=450"[/img]

Since I have too many pictures to share with you, please take a look at:
    http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Freynas/Build n Share 46/?albumview=slideshow

Link to the lot: http://www.4shared.com/account/file/B9zcKUlL/House_of_Party.html

Link to the challenge: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/193666.page

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy it.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    First of all - sorry you couldn't get this on the exchange! You have to settle for a pretend rec instead then...

Then:
    Love the firepit area! Your Lawrence looks yummy too... :P The entrance is stunning - I love the glass stairs. Your bathrooms looks great, each in a different way. Love how you incorporated the garage into this build, that works great! The architecture is awesome, and I see you have an endless pool too! Great job again Freynas!

smiley-signs107.gifsmiley-score010.gif
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi Freynas
    Wow :shock: this is absolutely lovely from the layout to the landscaping. Fantastic decor and glass tiles in the kitchen. :thumbup:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    Freynas - This is really a party house! First of all, what an intricate architecture! Love the different levels that you have created! The pool area with the outside shower is gorgeous! Inside, I like the fact that you have chosen neutral colours - very masculine! My favourite rooms are the living room, master bedroom, all the bathrooms and the study! All the deck areas are lovely! Great build Freynas! It is a pity that I cannot recommend! Would have recommended your lot with pleasure! Good luck with the challenge! :D
  • Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Woah, great place you got there. Is it weird that I like the bathrooms the best? :]
  • Options
    cuddlesomeQteecuddlesomeQtee Posts: 112 New Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW! Freynas, I'm sorry you couldn't upload this home as it's so worth thr rec I would have given you but at least I can dl it. I'm not that good at giving crits but basically I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it, everything is perfect. Did I mention that I LOVE it? :lol:

I think you deserve 100 of these :thumbup:
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2010
    Absolutely amazing! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys! Thank you all for the support and for the “recs”. :wink:

Linday, you make me laugh with your yummy. Hahahahah. Yes he is charming, and the girls like him a lot. I think he is in haven.
    Yay! I got a 10. That sounds great. BTW were did you get all these cute signs? Thanks again for your support. I am happy you like it.

Thank you very much follyfoot. I like that tile in the kitchen also, I though it gave some color without be overwhelming.

Hi Yanti! I decided to build a house a little bigger than what the challenge ask for because I imagined Lawrence being a bachelor, the best way to get the girls is with a big house and plenty of areas for parties, and doing it in a 30X30 lot was a challenge. I am happy you like it.

Ameliuh, hahahhah!! No it’s not weird that you prefer the bathrooms. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate it. And thank you for the comment.

cuddlesomeQtee, did you love the lot I created? Hahhahah No worries, I am not good with comments. I am always struggling to give the community my support. Thank you very much for your worlds. Did you really love the lot?
    Linday!!! She gave me a 100!!!! :shock:

Princess_Natasha, thank you, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am sooo gonna top that!!

1000h.png

The smileys can be found here!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    linday wrote:
    I am sooo gonna top that!!

1000h.png

The smileys can be found here!

Linday! That is hilarious!!!!
    So last night I went for a sleep study, and when I was waiting for the nurse, I decide to burn my time checking out the creative corner, using my phone. When I saw this picture I started to laugh so hard that was difficult to explain to the nurse, when she came back what was going on. Result. It took me a long time to fall asleep (who in this world can sleeps with all those sensors and wire) but anyway, it was the highlight off my night and I fell asleep with a smile in my face.
    You are so silly! I can not believe you took the time to do this.
    The “I am sooo gonna top that!! + Picture” will be in my memory for a long time! Thank you for make me laugh.
    and thanks for the link to the smileys too. I will check it out later. Now I need to sleep for real!
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited April 2010
    Freynas, you made my day! The store items you gave me just blew me away! And I especially appreciate your kind words. I have been so inspired by your builds (my stairway in the City Boy build was inspired directly from your City Girl loft), and your latest one is just "awesome" (to quote my Lawrence 🐸🐸🐸🐸). I can't thank you enough for your encouragement. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Haha, sorry I messed with your sleep study! Funny thing - put someone in a strange bed in a strange place, hook them up to a lot of wires, and tell them to sleep... Like THAT's gonna happen! I used to work with those, actually! Glad you liked it though!

I was actually laughing very hard myself when I made it... lol!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hello SimGurus,
    Today I was checking the exchange and for my surprise, I could not find 3 of my buildings that together create an airport. Not just that, but I also saw in the exchange (although they are not available for download), one of my missing buildings appears as a creation of 2 different community members: Fluffl and Hotmail. You can check it here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/search/lotSearch.html?sortBy=mostRecent&dateRange=this_year&hiddenKeyWord=Keywords&lotSearchCommand.description=airport&lotSearchCommand.zoneType=0000&lotSearchCommand.houseHoldSize=9999&lotSearchCommand.lotSize=0000&submit=GO

I uploaded those buildings to the exchange on March 31, and got for the
    building # 1 - 315 downloads and 21 recommendations,
    building #2 - 487 downloads and 24 recommendations and
    building #3 - 475 downloads and 23 recommendations

here is the link to the post I did when I uploaded all 3 of them to the exchange:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/151691.page

So my question is what happens to my buildings? Why they were deleted from the exchange?
    Can you please take a look at this matter? Thank you.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2010
    I know Freynas, you probably had corrupt cc... which knocked them off the exchange. (the doll). Whats worse you prob didn't even know you had it. I suggest you check everything to see if its there.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    I know Freynas, you probably had corrupt cc... which knocked them off the exchange. (the doll). Whats worse you prob didn't even know you had it. I suggest you check everything to see if its there.

Hi SmokyTopaz, yea I had consider that, but I never found the doll file in my computer. Besides it’s being a long time that I don’t download and upload anything from/to the exchange. So I don’t know if this is the real issue. oh! and after your suggestion I scanned my entire computer again and no doll file found. Thanks for your suggestion though.
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited July 2010
    It will be sad if that airport is gone. We were just discussing using it again. Someone used it last year for one of the SIFF paparazzi stories. It was great! The airport I mean, not just the story. :cry:
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Noooo!! I love your airport!
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh no... I can't believe that. What in the world? That doesn't make any sense. I hope this can be fixed somehow.