Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Options
    KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited April 2010
    be sure to check in on the life of Squirrel, Logan and Mint!
    if you're interested, click on the link in my signature, thank you! n_n
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
  • Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys! Wow, 102 pages! O: Holy COW!

Well, I am more active on the post Bean made XD mainly because this one is a pain in the *CENSORED* to get on.

(:3 I enjoy censoring myself. teehee)

I updated the first page to link back to The Writer's Hangout thread. But I still check here once and a while.

YAY!!!

Dusty! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN D< *shakes finger* lol.

But yeah, I'm very active on the other post.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BEAN FOR MAKING THAT THREAD!!

Anyway...

o_o I'm procrastinating. I keep putting off my chapter 2 of "The Kiss Of A Rose" (A novel I am working on :3 )
    XD My vocabulary has been corrupted by net speak. OMG *** D<
    lulz. I'm trying to remember words that illustrate and intensifies my writing. T_T I miss my Thursarus. Why did it have to be left out in the rain?
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hello Everyone!!

I recently started a 100 baby challenge story blog and would be honored if you would take the time to read it. Currently I have made four posts - five if you count the about page describing the challenge - and hope to have a few more done by this coming Tuesday

About
    Introduction
    A Look Into The Past: Part 1
    A Look Into The Past: Part 2
    An Inspiration

Constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks for your time
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
  • Options
    JJJKKJJJKK Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I write stories on here all the time. If I were a sim my lifetime wish would be a proffessional writer!!!!!!!!!! And hardly anyone looks at my stories so I delete them
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    :(
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of the Meringue Rainbowcy~A Legacy Gone Technicolor
  • Options
    melodicspike21melodicspike21 Posts: 24,180 Member
    edited April 2010
    I know what you mean! My stories are always neglected! I get like, 15 views and 1 rec?! It's sooo frustrating!! >=(! And then later you see that loads of people have copied your idea and get recognised for it! I'm not saying people have copied my ideas, I've just noticed that other people's get copied
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited April 2010
    If you want to post a link without EA censoring it, put it into tinyurl.com and post the link that gives you.

*Sneaky Advertising*
    My Legacy Blog:
    http://kulaeaslegacy.blogspot.com/2010/04/kallies-legacy-intro.html
    Link to the Thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192414.page
  • Options
    Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi, I haven't been on this thread in ages :?
    Got a new legacy out on LJ, the Hollister legacy. Most of my stories dont get many comments so it would be great if you could read+comment on this. I dont think you need to be a member :)

http://jake-960.livejournal.com/
  • Options
    228phillippa228phillippa Posts: 16 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I know how you feel :( I've just started a new story and have had no views

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192340.page

• Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited April 2010
    JJJKK wrote:
    Yeah I write stories on here all the time. If I were a sim my lifetime wish would be a proffessional writer!!!!!!!!!! And hardly anyone looks at my stories so I delete them

You shouldn't stop writing if that is what you love. If you do write another story for the sims, please share it with us!! We will love to read it.

I am currently cleaning my room. Dx and procrastinating on my novel. I'm going to listen to Origa, she usually gets me into a writing mood. And her music really helps me breath after I warm up. XD

But, JJKK don't stop writing. You could also try to do a blog site for your stories. It could be a story with multiple chapters, or just a series of different stories. But don't get discouraged. I know how it feels to be pushed down the main page by some stupid little "Hannah Montana lovers! Rec if you like! Kay! lolz! =) "

arg! Those just get me so frustrated. That is why I have moved from the sims story maker to a website. It gives you more freedom, and you won't be bumped down by stupid trash like "Rate This" or "BOBBYYO7665 (random name. Not a person on here I hope XD) You better stop this BS!! RATE IF YOU AGREE!"

and I also get very irritated when people just write in caps constantly.

IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE IS CONSTANTLY YELLING AT YOU BUT THEY JUST THINK ITS TALKING NORMALLY AND THEY DONT PUT PROPER PUNCTUATION MARKS SO ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IM LIKE SO IRRITATED BY THAT YOU KNOW SO LIKE YEAH

...rant over! XD
    Sorry about that.

but please, share with us. We want to read what you have posted. And don't feel strange and stuff after I just said above.

;D I'm harmless, really. Ask anyone around here.

So, come on! O: Join our community.
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I totally agree. :evil: I use the board for writing legacies (only one right now) and helping desperate people on occasion :D. I try to read legacies that are properly edited and have correct spelling and stuff. I am probably being a hypocrite right now by having a spelling mistake somewhere, but I try. I hate the chatty things. If you need help, I'll try to help. I don't chat, I help. :D but if you would like, check out my Anderson Legacy. I spent a fair amount of time blowing off homework for it. :shock: Just kidding, Mom. :wink:
  • Options
    Nimaki12Nimaki12 Posts: 542 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Well. I made so many stories, and put so much effort into it. What do I get? nothing. Like 10 views 0 recs. But recently I did a story "Kidnapped" and got so many views and almost 100 recs. In 1 day!
    My hint?
    I made it long. I think it was 60 pages or so... not sure. But also I had a very good story behind it.
    I did chapter 2 today and hoping for just as many views.
  • Options
    Nimaki12Nimaki12 Posts: 542 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I know what you mean! My stories are always neglected! I get like, 15 views and 1 rec?! It's sooo frustrating!! >=(! And then later you see that loads of people have copied your idea and get recognised for it! I'm not saying people have copied my ideas, I've just noticed that other people's get copied

Like mine? >:(

I made a story called "Horribly perfect" about a super star whose life sucks or whatever... Next thing I know someone else uses it. Then I made a story called "The Ocean" and my characters' name was "Matthew Days"
    Then there was a story called "The Days' Legacy"

I don't care about the "days" one because Idoubt they copied but I have seen so many of my ideas go down the drain and few days later it's on 1st page by someone else...

But yea, it sucks.
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited April 2010
    well they finally moved my thread to the stories section lol!

Here is my story. I know a lot of you have already read it, but for those of you who have not! Enjoy! ^-^

Splash of Color
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Chapter 6 Of The Meringue Rainbowcy~A Legacy Gone Technicolor.
  • Options
    iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I just made a new legacy. (I use the term legacy loosely as I don't follow a lot of the rules. :P) I just wrote and posted the preface yesterday. The link to it is in my siggy. I hope someone likes it. :)
  • Options
    Angry_AngelAngry_Angel Posts: 1,540 New Member
    edited April 2010
    yh i know its like weve put like loads of effort in and then nobody bothers to read them!
    i do read a lot of stories though :P
    its totally unfair sometimes
    this is my new story helpless :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=200404
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey!! I got an update for you guys!!!

Chapter 2.4
    Birthdays and Make-Overs
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SwishStar wrote:
    JJJKK wrote:

You shouldn't stop writing if that is what you love. If you do write another story for the sims, please share it with us!! We will love to read it.

I am currently cleaning my room. Dx and procrastinating on my novel. I'm going to listen to Origa, she usually gets me into a writing mood. And her music really helps me breath after I warm up. XD

Thanks Im starting a new reality show BUT I NEED SIMS I even made a forum for it!

Oh and can I say thanks to Nimaki12
  • Options
    KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited April 2010
    Untitled222.png

yes, it's that time again!
    the TEA LEGACY is in desperate need of YOUR help!

with everyone sprouting like mad, we quickly need to point out our next heir, and that's where all of you come in.
    if you feel like you need to have a say in all of this, be sure to check out this thread.
    if you feel weary about voting, this photo will surely change your mind.

we salute, and thank, you.
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
  • Options
    ChellekazChellekaz Posts: 231
    edited April 2010
    Please check out The Clarke Legacy G.1 C.4 - The Miracle of Life! I promise there's at least one adorable picture.
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited April 2010
    Here's Chapter 9 of Trini's Perfect Life! :)

Trini's Perfect Life: Wake Up
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=201447
  • Options
    capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    edited April 2010