Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats with the gnomes?

My sims fished out a gnome...do they actually do anything?? He keeps moving...

Also, at the grocery store my sim can buy little ducks and bubble bath...but i can not do anything with them??? are they completely pointless?

:mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2009

Also, at the grocery store my sim can buy little ducks and bubble bath...but i can not do anything with them??? are they completely pointless?

I haven't experienced the gnome yet, but as far as the ducks and bubble bath are concerned, you need to place them on the actual tub. You sims can then bathe with them and get positive moodlets.
  • Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2009
    The gnomes you find do keep popping up in different places round your sims' lots and they assume different positions. One of mine was watching TV on his tummy when my sim came back from work.

If you put the bubble bath and duck on the corner of the bathtub your sim can then have a bubblebath or play with the duck :D
  • Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gnome:
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    As for the bubble bath, If you out the Duck and Bubble Bath on a bathtub, you'll get the option to take a bubble bath, and if you put the duck, you get a special moodlet every time you take a bath.
  • Options
    AndrewDBarkerAndrewDBarker Posts: 282 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gnomes have been a staple of Sims since Sims 1 :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    "Gnomes have been a staple of Sims since Sims 1 "

I'm still holding out for a gnome conga line :D
  • Options
    Ellie_215Ellie_215 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've seen a few threads showing pictures with gnomes watching TV, and stuff like that. Funny that they move around though, kinda creepy :shock: lawl!

Btw the duckks aren't completly pointless, once you've brought one you can drag it from your inventory to the bath and it'll be on the side, then when your sim has a bath the duck will be in there too.

My insane sim kid who where's what he wants and what not spent an extra two sim hours in the bath playing with the duck, which can be annoying when you have three other smelly sims to look after :lol:

x
  • Options
    FruitLove2004FruitLove2004 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh I thought you could only get a magical gnome from the Masoleum, :-) I've been sending my Sim in there over and over, She keeps getting beat up by bears! :oops: Where are some of the places you can get these Gnomes?? I now know... They can be fished up, But where from? The Ocean? The Science Center or the Graveyard? Thanks Guys! :wink: What should I use for bait? I want a Gnome! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    FruitLove2004 My sim got hers by sending gems off to be cut and by fishing. I didn't know you could find them at the crypt. :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited June 2009
    Can you have more than just one gnome on each lot?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JainaJaina Posts: 117 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got a Gnome from the catacombs, it was "mysterious mr. gnome". He doesn't move though, just stays on the lawn in the same spot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jaina wrote:
    I got a Gnome from the catacombs, it was "mysterious mr. gnome". He doesn't move though, just stays on the lawn in the same spot.
    Did you name him?
  • Options
    JainaJaina Posts: 117 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimpsonFly wrote:
    Jaina wrote:
    Did you name him?

Yep I gave him the default name that popped up - Tate. Seemed to be a good enough name for a lawn gnome.
  • Options
    JENSIMCHULAJENSIMCHULA Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim found a huge meteor rock and I put it right next to the gnome and he hasnt moved since. Its been more than a week in simtime! I thought that was unusual..before I would find him in different places and in different positions. But ever since I moved that rock next to him he wont move. I will have to move the rock and see if he starts going nutzo again!
  • Options
    irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2009
    My Blue Sim (as I call him, I have many Sims), was a police officer and received two. One from his job and another from trying to dig up dirt on other Sims to write his police reports.
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited June 2009
    I WANT A GNOME

I have been sending my sims to the graveyard fishing and into the catacombs and fishing everywhere else constantly and they keep finding seeds and stones and fish butNO GNOMES :x
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    SJane3384SJane3384 Posts: 516 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Do the Gnomes die? Cause I had one that was running around the yard like a madman (err Mad-gnome), and then one day he just...stopped. He's in a position that reminds me of in vampire movies when they see the sun (arm over his head, horror-stricken face).
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited June 2009
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/24722.page

Lol I was very surprised to find my gnome listening to my stereo for the first time...lol
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Here are all of the ways that I know to get a Gnome:

Fishing, Job, Rummaging in the Trashcan, Send a Gem to be cut, Sending a metal to be smelted, and the Catacombs.
  • Options
    Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2009

You can place the duck and the bubble bath as well as the candle at the edge of the bath tub for extra moodlets when your sims bathe.

As for the gnomes, there is a special one that will move around for a while, then eventually he will become solid in whatever position he is in... so if he takes a certain position you like, don't move him and hope he stays doing whatever he is doing until he finally freezes.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh I thought you could only get a magical gnome from the Masoleum, :-) I've been sending my Sim in there over and over, She keeps getting beat up by bears! :oops: Where are some of the places you can get these Gnomes?? I now know... They can be fished up, But where from? The Ocean? The Science Center or the Graveyard? Thanks Guys! :wink: What should I use for bait? I want a Gnome! :D

Mine fished hers out of a pond. I placed it on the porch, and soon it was standing by the garden. lol :lol:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SakerrrrSakerrrr Posts: 153 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim found a huge meteor rock and I put it right next to the gnome and he hasnt moved since. Its been more than a week in simtime! I thought that was unusual..before I would find him in different places and in different positions. But ever since I moved that rock next to him he wont move. I will have to move the rock and see if he starts going nutzo again!

mine stopped moving also been over a week he did nt move , he just stopped one day , i did nt put anything beside him so maybe the meteor thing is a coincidence cause i did nt place anything beside him he just stopped
  • Options
    OpacusIxOpacusIx Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have four gnomes, one has stopped moving, but the other three like to hang out in the garden or by the pool lounging on the bar. Is sort of creepy, but fun especially when your sim is standing by the pool and suddenly there's a gnome lying on the bar. lol Managed to get them out of the house and turning on the TV at odd hours.