Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**The Sims 3 Logo Island** Complete!! Download Today

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    melissagibbmelissagibb Posts: 752 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have added more updated pictures. Please see the top of page 1.

The release date will be 4/3!! Almost done! :)

Thanks
  • Options
    TatmarietooTatmarietoo Posts: 157 Member
    edited April 2010
    This looks great.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This looks great.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    SammidysamSammidysam Posts: 133
    edited April 2010
    Hopefully there won't be any tears (or tares) in this one! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've paid special attention to the tearing. There is one only one area that seems to be tearing. I plan to fix it before I upload it to the exchange.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have finished The Sims 3 Logo Island and it is now on the exchange for download.

Link to Download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2194168

I will be creating a story later to give you a walkthrough of the island.

Thanks and Enjoy! :wink:

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi,

It's adorable. :D
    I see you added two plumbbobs for space. Good job. Don't forget to put the link up on the World Index. Even if it is on the site not everyone will see it until it gets featured.

How do you get your worlds uploaded? What type service do you have- I noticed it was 23MB.
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Perfect timing, I just downloaded 7 worlds to take a look at. I will make this #8.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi,

It's adorable. :D
    I see you added two plumbbobs for space. Good job. Don't forget to put the link up on the World Index. Even if it is on the site not everyone will see it until it gets featured.

How do you get your worlds uploaded? What type service do you have- I noticed it was 23MB.

It's kinda funny that I was able to get it to upload because I have really bad internet connection here in China...

I will be sure to add it to the world index because I dont think I would be lucky enough to have both my worlds featured. :)

Thanks for the compliments!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Perfect timing, I just downloaded 7 worlds to take a look at. I will make this #8.

Great. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Aaaww I really like it. Thanks for sharing! :):)
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited April 2010
    I like this! :D I'm not one to DL worlds, so I rec'd and fav'd :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Melissa -

Just finished checking out Sims 3 Logo Island. I have sort of mixed feelings on it.

I hope you realize I'm a big fan of your work after Flower Island, which was absolutely beautiful. I don't know if you remember me saying I usually don't download worlds/lots/homes that look like something else because that tends to be the big draw and the rest is usually a letdown. The incredible thing about Flower Island is it wasn't that at all. It was beautifully sculpted but also a really well-done, well thought out world that had amazing attention to detail and pleasant surprises everywhere. While the sculpting of Logo Island is gorgeous and looks even more complex, I found it to be disappointing. Maybe it is just that I was hoping for the same level of detail and care as was given to Flower Island.

I didn't have any trouble with routing or anything non working. I guess what bugged me was this world seems to lack the charm of Flower Island. Here are some examples of what I mean - one of the things I noticed was a beautiful little park you had placed - but then I noticed you had that same park duplicated elsewhere in the world so it didn't seem quite as special anymore. I checked out the library, and found it had desks (without chairs or computers) and bookshelves only - it seemed unfinished.

When I first moved a family in, of the few homes that were placed, none were achievable without using FreeRealEstate to move in. The houses were pretty but not your usual jawdropping decor. Last, when I had my sims try out the military and criminal careers, they took taxis, but then had to run inlet a good ways to get to the buildings. There were no sidewalks or anything leading up to them. While Flower Island's road structure seemed to make a lot of sense (central area of community lots with branches out (petals) of higher status homes and then cute little outlets at the stems (beach, other lots/attractions), this one didn't seem to make much sense. There is more water than land it seemed.

I don't know, I'm sorry, I just really didn't care much for this world. It seemed more of a shell of a world than a completed world. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Diskette66,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I do realize it has much more water than land and the main focus of this project was the Sims 3 Logo. I actually had a tough time fitting all the community lots and the shape of the island was very difficult to work with. I wasn't able to place more houses and had to delete some things from inside the community lots (like the library)because the file size was to big and I wanted to make sure I would be able to upload it to the exchange so it does feel a bit unfinished.

With the limited land space and the shape I really feel I did the best, as far as the layout. I do agree that some things did seem unfinished and I'm sorry you were not happy with it.

I think Im done for a while working with these unique land shapes because it's very difficult and sometimes frustrating to work with. I'm excited to work with a normal size and shape land mass. With the amount of work and detail that I will be putting into Mountain Dreams I'm sure I will be using an external site to share my work because I hate to share unfinish work just to try and get the file size down.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback and I won't dissapoint again. :lol:
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited April 2010
    That is really cute.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I created a story to show you around town of The Sims 3 Logo Island

Link to Story
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=192300

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'll download this when I'm back from vacation. :D

Love the pictures of it so far. I started making my own world but I assume that I'm bad at building so I'm kind of not very enthusiastic about it. If there was PMing then I would PM the pictures to you, but oh well.

-Sam
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sammidysam wrote:

Love the pictures of it so far. I started making my own world but I assume that I'm bad at building so I'm kind of not very enthusiastic about it. If there was PMing then I would PM the pictures to you, but oh well.

-Sam

Hey Sam, Thanks. It didnt get as good reviews as Flower Island but I hope you like it. My next world "Mountain Dream" should really put this one to shame.

It really does take a lot to create a world and once you start it really takes a lot of time and effort to finish.

I dont think your bad at building it just takes time to learn and to create something really good always takes time. The more you do it the better and faster you will get.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sammidysam wrote:

-Sam

Hey Sam, Thanks. It didnt get as good reviews as Flower Island but I hope you like it. My next world "Mountain Dream" should really put this one to shame.

It really does take a lot to create a world and once you start it really takes a lot of time and effort to finish.

I dont think your bad at building it just takes time to learn and to create something really good always takes time. The more you do it the better and faster you will get.

Thanks!
    Sorry to say but since my computer only has 4 GB of space left (it's from 2005), I don't think I'll download the world 'cause I'm having too much fun from Flower Island and because I really want Ambitions when it comes out so that I don't have to wait until December when I think I'll get a new computer. But I would love to see the link to your new world so that I can comment on the greatness it has.

On Builders 101 soon I'll have some pictures up of my world,

-Sam
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow that is awesome. I didn't think anyone would make a world based on the logo. :lol:

Btw, what font is that? I like eroded fonts for some reason.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I made a story featuring Flower Island.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=200375

-Sam
  • Options
    PancakeliciousPancakelicious Posts: 2,585 New Member
    edited April 2010
    wow this world is awesome.
    Just one question though. Does it have any custom content?
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm necromancing this, but oh well! :roll: It's just WAY too awesome! :thumbup: