Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition: Ye Ol' Time Computer. i.e. Pen and paper. Post to sign.

ashillionashillion Posts: 39 New Member
I have worked and worked to make a pen and paper for my sims to Write with?!!!

WHY do we only have computers?

I would like to beseech EA to release to us a object that is simply a pen and paper, one tile, Peaceable as a computer is. To Write with.

Maybe. oh the functions of a computer like
> Practice Writing,
> Start/continue/scrap a novel,

and then a couple like...
> Write (x sim) a letter same as chatting online or on the phone to a sim you know.
doodle > it's fun and creative building.
enter to win > have a chance 1 in a million of winning some sweepstakes lov'in

that would be the basics...

We need some more interactive objects and not just high tech stuff. simple stuff. But stuff we can't make ourselves.

I can Clone and Mod a computer all I want and it will give me part of this, but as we don't understand or have access to animation modding as yet, the animations of typing and mouse moving over my lovely Pen and Paper look sooooooooooo STUPID.

So simple

a Pen and Paper

Skill building object

Study = for the children, man think of the CHILDREN.
Writing = but say slower progress than computer. ( Allot of pages get thrown away you know)
Creative = much lower gain than easel, it's the cheep start point for EVERY artist....
Letter writing = Not everyone chats it up online or on the phone. Some of us DO have pen pals still, and in some countries and parts of the us. the computer is still not in EVERY house nor available to everyone in a house... My mom has no desire to use one... But she writes all the time.

and last but not least the "Enter to win" effect = change of a windfall of cash or prizes. For the Old folks! Think of the Geezers! My gand spends hours and hours sending off sweepstakes entries... and as with many older folks, she does win. Ugly lamps, Magazines, Money, Trips.... get the idea here?

The store objects are great, but what we really need are new things to add diversity to the game. and with ambitions coming and so many worlds it the works...

It's a simple commonplace thing, the pen and paper. And the implementations are endless...

There is a "working" cork board over at Mod the Sims that is also a object EA should have released....

A diary would be nice where i can write and store "notes" in game. but I would settle for some pen and paper lov'in! Heck! I even have the meshes, made, that I would offer up. As well as textures...

I think it's a VERY NEEDED OBJECT!

Not EVERYONE uses a computer you know... and I may write my finished drafts on one, but most of my brainstorming and such is old school all the way.

Comments

• Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2010
    110% Agreed! EA should also add in the ability to draw on paper and hang it up on the walls like you can do with paintings.
  • Options
    MoonfeatherMoonfeather Posts: 188 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I completely agree with everything.
    The pen-and-paper thing would certainly add a degree of realism to the sims. Yeah, they do homework by hand, but that's about it. Back over at the sims 2 site, I saw someone had a pen-and-paper type mod (with, I assume, working animations) in their story, but since I don't use mods I have been wanting EA to make something similar for a while.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have a middle ages world and a deep south world both could really use this.

Come on Everyone!

If you agree we need a simple option for writers post a thumbs up....

maybe if enough of us do they will take it serious.

also more tomb build objects would be great! the "pushable statue that is in WA is well dumb. It does not match the themes of the worlds at all! come on EA why not make a couple one for each world? I mean the default one well maybe for a castle or a viking theme... but in the Asian tombs they are very out of place.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm all for it!

I suggested something similar on another post recently - it was about making an EP that allowed Sims to live in different eras, like Ancient, Medieval, Victorian, Future, etc.. It would be perfect for past times, and useful in the current game as well.

I still do a lot of pen-and-paper writing.
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited April 2010
    That is a great idea! EA, you really need to think about making some expansion packs that allow us to make different time period themed towns and stuff. We could have Medieval or Old West theme where every sim dresses according to the theme and all the objects match the theme. We could have a Futuristic theme (everyone rides around in hover cars!), a Victorian age (carriages). cool stuff like that!
  • Options
    venusinfurs94venusinfurs94 Posts: 212 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Yes! We totally need this :D
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2010
    Love it, sims is to high tech sometimes.
  • Options
    TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh, we'll probably get it, but we'll have to fork over money at the store to get it. :(

I really like this idea! I used to write ALL the time in school, you know, when I was supposed to be taking notes on triginometry...
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited April 2010
    And what about a typewriter as well, the key strokes and the bell chiming after every line could send other sims in the room crazy!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Come on guys...

This is a simple single object request, with limitless applications....

I know your all "Horse" and "Farm" crazy right now,but, as a man in the middle of Kansas, living ON A FARM. I KNOW MOST PEOPLE here in Kansas do not use computers all the time...

The Oversight of the Writing career path being linked completely to computers sux.

"Here's my old castle family, yes, yes, those are computers the in the library..."

"Yes it IS a Medieval Monastery... I know monks don't write scriptures on computers, but..."

"What! your TECHNOPHOBES can't write! oh how sad...."

it's a single item that is store material....

The Obsession of the community with EP's I feel is misdirection. The store is a cool idea, but the content needs to Diversify....

New Skill objects, Alternatives to skill objects packaged with the base game. Like Cards in place of chess. Or hell make a deal with any of the Parker Brothers games that EA already does work with... My Monopoly Deal game says EA right on the box...

Ea seams to have forgotten, We all did this already for them twice. With The Sims and The Sims 2.

Why has so much BASIC stuff been left out? or now at try three, is still being left out?

and MORE TOMB BUILD OBJECTS!!!

EA you gave us an EP with no directions, the worlds you packaged are all HALF done. (Whats up with all the empty buildings in china? and the 4 towers there??? Those could so be a good tomb puzzle, but with lot locking you have to use CHEATS to even get to them.)

It's a Dead end. Once i do the quests once, it's all crap. and your tomb build objects are so limited that making new tombs that don't all look alike well... not possible.

Farm animals are a fun idea but IMO way off base from the game "as it is".

EP: Pets, EP: Seasons, lets get them to fill in all the stuff they left out first from the sims 2.

The EP's to come, SHOULD make the EP: World Adventures more integrated with the base game. It really does us no good to give a Dead end EP. Each should Build on the next.

EP: Ambitions (I hope) will do this. adding Dimension to the existing systems.

But I am way off topic now...

Anyway.....

Please post here to help us get some pen and paper love for our sims!!!!!
  • Options
    PurplePeacockPurplePeacock Posts: 914 New Member
    edited April 2010
    i think its a good idea, and for people who make movies it would be good too.