Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to Remove Eye Candy Lifetime Reward, or at least the sparkle!

Ok I really should save before purchasing Lifetime Rewards, but I just lost about 3 hours of gameplay because I was not about to let my sim be stuck with annoying sparkles forever! Seriously? Who thought that this was going to be a good idea? And why doesn't it AT LEAST come with some kind of warning!

"WARNING: Your Sim will be surrounded by annoying sparkles for the rest of their life, completely ruining your enjoyment of the game"

If Lifetime rewards are going to be this poorly thought out, there should at least be an in-game way to remove them or refund points or something. I mean seriously guys, that was just a bad idea.

Has anyone else fell victim to this "Lifetime Curse" and feel the same way I do about it? I've seen a lot of people on the web complaining about it, and modthesims actually made some kind of hack to remove it, but should we really have to resort to hacking our game because of this obvious lack of foresight?

thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I've accidentally given my sim steel bladder. It feels weird that she's no longer using the bathroom, but I don't mind too much. LOL...
  • Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited March 2010
    honestly the Eye candy sparkle doesnt bother me. just ignore it
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree put me down, i have only got it once and i got absolutely sick of it.
  • Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    Um... so why don't you just not use it? No one is forcing you
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited March 2010
    lol, i don't think this deserves a petition.
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited March 2010
    ... it is pretty annoying though.
  • Options
    AlidaiAlidai Posts: 859 New Member
    edited March 2010
    ummmm.......
    So why just not download a mod that removes it,or get the awesome mod,where you can delete Lifetime Rewards,and get the points back,and the awesome mod automatically remove the sparkle from the Eye Candy Reward,but why make a petition?
  • Options
    natasha93natasha93 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2010
    I have only used it once because it really annoyed me too! I understand people are obsessed with twilight but making sims sparkle is too much!
  • Options
    GudarbyGudarby Posts: 31
    edited March 2010
    Yeah if I could ignore it I wouldn't be here posting about how annoying it is, and like I already said, I don't want to use some third-party hack job on my game. And while it's true that no one is 'forcing me to use it' I still think it should come with a warning or something. And besides being the most annoying of all Life Rewards, it's also the most useless.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited April 2010
    nevermind
    <<
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mummygagamummygaga Posts: 1,621 New Member
    edited March 2010
    ugh, this has to be the silliest petition ever!

the eye candy reward is good! it will be helpful for twilight fans to recreate the movie!
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Gudarby wrote:
    Yeah if I could ignore it I wouldn't be here posting about how annoying it is, and like I already said, I don't want to use some third-party hack job on my game. And while it's true that no one is 'forcing me to use it' I still think it should come with a warning or something. And besides being the most annoying of all Life Rewards, it's also the most useless.

Hmmm... you know, the Eye Candy reward doesn't JUST make your sims sparkle. :lol: It also gives sims around them the Eye Candy moodlet, so they're more receptive to your sim's romantic advances. Therefore, you could technically flirt with a sim right after meeting them and they wouldn't reject, even if they are Unflirty. So, it does have it's uses. I do agree with other posters in saying that you don't HAVE to use it, and you can always download a mod to remove the annoying sparkles. But I don't think EA will have any plans of removing it just because it gets a little "annoying". Some people don't care, as it detracts from the realism of the game, which some people have come to dislike.

In fact, in The Sims 2 people did love the witches that came with Apartment Life even though they glowed green or white ALL the TIME. xD Or at least as they became progressively more evil/good in their alignment. \

Just thought I should point that out before anyone decides to petition to remove a perfectly satisfying game feature, which is a rarity with this game. :lol:
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited March 2010
    good point
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited March 2010
    I HATE twilight, but I like the eye candy thing. Yes, it would be nice to turn it on and off. Most of my Sims are pixies though, so it makes sense kinda, that they may sparkle.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Well I'm glad you all seem to like it so much, personally I think it is the most annoying thing in the game, but it's typical of forums that everyone loves to disagree.

And regardless of how hard third party hackers work on making mods for the game, I've been down that road before and I don't care to go there again. If EA can't make the game interesting without me having to spend hours hacking and slicing it, then I just won't play it.

And for everyone's info, I wasn't making a literal petition, I was petition to others to see if anyone else felt the same way I did about this rediculously lame lifetime reward.

Oh, and Twilight is also annoying, so that in no way changes my mind.

Thanks for your thoughts. ;)
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I just have a high tolerance for irksome things (if you came to work with me for a day you'd see what I mean) but I don't mind the eye candy reward. Now that I've gotten used to them, I hardly noticed the sparkles anymore.

But I can see where it would drive some people crazy...the never-ending twinkles! ^_^
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited March 2010
    I've never even seen it before, but it does sound a little annoying, especially for pictures/movies/stories. Guess I'll find out one day.

Not everyone likes to use 3rd party mods & content, and it's your prerogative not to. Personally, mods have made my game playable, no question. Without them, I wouldn't play at all. I understand your hesitation, but maybe using that ONE mod would suffice. Just a thought -- it doesn't seem to be your cup of tea right now.
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I used to be a heavy SimsPE user in the Sims 2 days, among other things, and it's definitely amazing what some of those guys can do, and how legit the software they come up with is, but it just got to the point where my game was so hacked I couldn't even tell what a vanilla Sims game looked like anymore.

Some of the hacks were good, but some were really bad and caused crazy bugs and whatnot. Right now though, I just want to play the game as is. I mean, that's what I'm paying for isn't it? And if they can't make these games good at $40-50 a pop, what good are they? Mostly, these days I just don't have time for it either. I mean, seriously? I've already spent like $100 on this ONE video game LOL!
  • Options
    AlidaiAlidai Posts: 859 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Gudarby wrote:
    Its really not a hack job,but if yo think so,who am I to argue,I mean,it's just the greatest mod ever,and people really worked hard to create it..So just Google it next time,before you throw a fit because I made a suggestion.......
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited March 2010
    It's pointless to petition it.
    Maybe some people might like it?
    It's not like it's a thing that your sim will HAVE to go through.
    You're the one who chose it.
    atleast I hope.
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited March 2010
    The Sims is a highly moddable game, and we are fortunate to have the option to remove many features we don't want ;)

Sorry you've had problems with mods in the past... it's true that it's necessary to educate yourself how to choose good mods from reliable modders and reliable mod sites, how to keep track of what you've installed and update it and so on.

But if you take the trouble to do all that, your reward is a game where you can pretty much eliminate any feature that annoys you, and even add brand-new gameplay :)

As for Awesomemod, that is a rather invasive and deliberately high-maintenance mod, but if all you want to do is remove the "eye candy" reward from a sim, you have other options. Twallan's Supercomputer, for instance.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alidai wrote:
    before you throw a fit because I made a suggestion.......

Who says I'm throwing a fit? I'm saying over and over again that I choose not to use mods, and people are telling me over and over again how great they are. I'm glad that mods improve your enjoyment of the game. Not using them improves my enjoyment of mine.

When I played Sims 2 I modded the crap out of that game, but that was after 8 EPs & 7 or so SPs. The Sims 3 is barely ready to Push out EP #2 and still only has 1 SP. I want to play it vanilla, at least at this point.

Anyways, it's all a moot point now, I took the hit & lost some game time so I wouldn't be stuck with the glitters, and have since been to China and France. I'm over it.

Thanks anyway :D
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited March 2010
    I think the sparkle is extremely annoying, too. I never use this reward for this reason. I can't imagine why EA decided to allow the sparkles to go on forever. Why didn't they just let the Sim sparkle for a few minutes and then have it stop?
  • Options
    SuziCQSuziCQ Posts: 32 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Yeah... not real fond of the sparklies, but the eye candy thing can come in handy for new relationships. I don't mind them all that much, but I do find that I don't use that particular reward very often because of them.
  • Options
    Nessquik95Nessquik95 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I really want to get rid of it!

I HATE IT!!!

I gave it to my guy and i love him and he has a wife and daughter and beautiful large house i made and it just ruins all the photos i take - so annoying... wanna get rid of it!

:(