Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Options
    rossbobsrossbobs Posts: 265 New Member
    edited March 2010
    episode two of my story will be coming soon but don't forget episode one of my story, A New Town can be found here

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=181198

official series discussion

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/180332.page#2145790

• Options
    TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Carline Rose: You prove an excellent point. I don't want anyone to be mad that i don't read every legacy :oops:, and i'm not going to get mad if people don't like my horror story.

Writers and readers alike where dissapointed by the lack of creativly writen stories on the new exchange, and the new recomendation system that failed to come up with readably delightful stories. I love this thread because people who worked really hard on an idea can post their stories for us to try them out.

I'm glad you want to join our creative swarm! tehehe! I'd suggest that you try out a genre that you like to read and see if that inspires you. Good luck, i'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Welcome.

-Seven
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Berry for the nice comment on my legacy blog.

If yall haven't heard, I'm starting a new story soon. I am going to need some help though. If you would be interested in creating characters or sets for my new story check on this thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/179898.page

I also have a page on my blog that discusses it.
    http://adventure11031.wordpress.com/new-story/

Thanks in advance!

~Kayla~

• Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited March 2010
    *sob* I think my legacy has gone and disappeared :shock:. I used to post it on the sims3legacy.com site but now when I try to go there I get an error message saying "FORBIDDEN" :(

I have serious problems keeping attention for too long so short, sharp, shocking works best for me... And, I like funny zany image captures :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    trancerocker08trancerocker08 Posts: 266 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Nurse, I have submitted my services. I read the update and liked it. But I couldn't find the link to vote? I'm probably blind.... :(

It appears that the forum is back? Funny.. Because I tried to access it at least three minutes ago, and I got denied. This is one odd site....

On another note, the first episode of my new series is out. It is about a teen and his adventures through his life. Click here

Now, to change my signature...
  • Options
    TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Adam's song!

I love Travis's fills on that one. I like your animation too, don't worry! I haven't seen anything like it before, great job, Trancerocker08!
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Yay!! I am finally able to see these new forums and catch up. ^^ Hope everyone has been well. ^^

Nurse: Left a comment on your site. ^^ and will check out your new story brainstorming thread. ^^

Cupcake:
    Marionette is such a good story! Creepy beautiful. Really nice work on creating it. ^^

Lucindra: That is certainly a different take on storytelling. I don't mind reading the various sources, it was well written. ^^ Rec'ed both.

TW1996: A nice chapter. I'm sad to see Angela never returning..poor Danny....and even worse for poor Jimmy. :/ Great update. ^^

Rossbobs:
    Its an alright read, a little fast/non-detailed for my taste though. Gave it a rec! ^^

Specky:
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. Didn't you save it on your computer?

Trancerocker: Aww...really nice so far!
    Im wondering why his mom left and if his Uncle Keith had wanted him that day when he was little to come live with him. Looking forward to the next video! ^^
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow!! I actually managed to get on the forum again, I don't think it likes my computer much, don't worry though since I love this thread so much, I'll always try to ge to on the forum, when I can.

Also, for anyone who commented, *Hugs* and thank you :mrgreen: !!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ^^ Chapter 9 out for Love the Hard Way.

Thank you in advance for reading! <333
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited March 2010
    Since the forum maintenance I've been looking for this thread everywhere, and here it is :D

I wanted to share with all of you my latest legacy story, my last legacy story got destroyed when they deleted all my pictures :( But now I'm up and running. I'd love if anyone would read and leave me a comment :)

The Willow Legacy - A Gothic Tale
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited March 2010
    Here's chapter 6 of Trini's Perfect Life :mrgreen: !

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=183140
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tota: Left comments on your site, great legacy!! ^^

Rika: Left comments on your thread too. ^^

EDIT: Chapter 10 is up of Love the Hard Way ^^
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited March 2010
    Dusty, I left a comment on your story's page :D
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited March 2010
    ZOMG! :shock: :mrgreen: Ya! I can access this thread again! (does happy dance)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi, all! I'd love it if people would check out my new blog and the first story I've posted there. Just click on my signature if you're interested. Thanks!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited March 2010
    *Pokes head out of the darkness* o.o Hello.

Sorry, I haven’t been on for a little bit. I see I’ve missed a lot. XD

I hope you haven’t thought that I have ditched the sims >.>
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    and for a little taste (Not sure if I have done this for this chapter yet. XD)

A bit of Chapter 2:

My father let me go far enough to see me. His knuckles wiped away my tears, smiling. "I'm so glad to finally see you."

"Same here, dad." I smiled, embarrassed from crying. He placed his hands on his hips, "Some people are waiting for you inside."

"People?" I raised a brow. "Who would be waiting for me," I looked towards the front door, then it hit me. I knew who it might have been. It had to be her. Olive. My sweet friend Olive. I ran up the stairs and into the house, nearly bumping into a girl around my age. She laughed. "Chill, Kyri-Kyri," She smiled. "I'm not leaving."

It was her, she was the only one who called me Kyri-Kyri.

"Olivia!" I tackled her. She squeaked, surprised from my sudden burst of affection.

"Olive! Oh my God, Olive."

"Yes, yes its me. Olive. Now. Release." I felt her getting tense and I let go quickly, my face permanently in a smile.

"It's been so long."

"Ten years." Olivia nodded. "And no calls." Her eyes narrowed. My eyes shifted to the side. "You know it was a sudden thing."

"Is she here?!" I heard a woman's voice from the kitchen. Around came Olivia's mother, Monica. She smiled, "Oh my," She ran up to me, smothering me in a hug. "Kyrie! You are so beautiful!"

"Thank you Ms. Yansa."

"Soon to be Manson." Olivia added. I froze. She let me go and I just stared. Soon to be Manson? My father...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Welcome back forums! Wow its been too long and very annoying!
  • Options
    laurenruth915laurenruth915 Posts: 4,102 New Member
    edited March 2010
    does anyone else wanna kick EA's metaphorical butt? I hate the unreliability of this website.

... but at least I can see this part of the forums now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow. Its still working..

First Chapter of the first part of the World of Night is here:

http://worldofnight.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/chapter-one-new-li
    fe/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    YES! My thread is back =D

WOOHOO!!!
  • Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited March 2010
    So how many of these stories posted on this thread are you reading at the moment? I've checked out one or two but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well Specky,

I have been trying to catch up on them. I've read the regular posters stuff when I get the chance, and when new people post, we read what they have posted.

It's kind of hard to keep track of all of them, but the stories always get read by someone on here. I try to read as many as possible, So many stories!! @_@

but I don't mind. I haven't been on in a while, so I have A LOT of catching up to do... like a lot a lot.

But, basically all the stories that people post here get read. ^^
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi guys on this forum page, (very confusing) got a few updates now, so I would be quite happy if someone would view them and find the adress to actually go on my blog.

Not 100% today though, so there won't be a chapter of the Best Legacy on Sunday, but I'll try to get some gameplay done for the chapter next Sunday and the beginning of a new series of Life Chronicles next week to. About to read updates now...

Note: This is also the reason I can't be bothered to do anything today :D
  • Options
    jmelo777jmelo777 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2010
    Yay! The stories and Legacies section is working now! I hope it stays up.

This is my very first story ever, "Meet Jane." I'm planning for this to be the first in a collection of short stories focusing on a new character each time. I'm currently working on the second volume "Meet Brody." :D

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=188331