Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3: Ambitions Favourite Feature - Earthquakes, Careers, Tattoos and more?

Comments

• Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    Can't you already add and remove lots or are you talking about something else?
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    When you mean adding and removing lots to you mean the actual space you place your house on, if that is so that would be cool?
  • Options
    ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
    edited March 2010
    ReplusiveDesire, here's the quote from the interview:
    GS: Tell us about some of the other additions that the expansion will add. What new items, building options, and gameplay features will also be added?

GR: One of the features we're most proud of is adding the ability for players to add, remove, and modify lots in edit town. Create-a-World is still the most powerful tool available for players who want to create and modify worlds, but for players who just want some of the options, this is a great alternative. Players can also add neighborhood objects like signs, rocks, and other large structures.

:D

• Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, ameliuh321. I'm so glad they are going to add this in the game now!!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited March 2010
    I LOVE the idea of earthquakes! I can't wait to see my sims' whole neighborhood get shaken up, haha I wonder what the moodlet will be for such a natural disaster. :twisted:

Oh and I think there are more careers because in the gamestop interview it said
    We have dozens of different jobs based on story progression and your neighbors' desires--it's a very exciting feature.
  • Options
    ambam420mgdambam420mgd Posts: 123 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I can't wait to give my sims tattoos!
  • Options
    SnowAngel54SnowAngel54 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited March 2010
    oh how i hope they expand the martial arts to the different countries. perhaps have international championship games with a crowd watching. now they just ignore one of the most amazing interactions in sim history. the moves are awesome!!! please take this further. it is my all time favorite interaction and unbelievable well done. i am awed by it, but have taken 4 sims to the top now. i even have my maid learning the art. lol. please add more to this, please!!!
  • Options
    ShizenShizen Posts: 14 New Member
    edited March 2010
    The mod community has already given us tattoos and alternative careers (Thank you modders :!: ), but I'm eager to actually watch and manipulate my Sims while they're working! I'm definitely going to get this expansion. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2010
    as interesting as the EP looks i hope the natural disasters can be switched off. Its bad enough living through quakes IRL .
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited March 2010
    I was just thinking the other day an earthquake would be cool! :D I just hope they don't do alot of damage, I've worked hard to build up my neighborhoods, and fix up the houses, I don't want them destroyed.

Inventorship would be awesome, the genius trait is kind of a waste on sims when all they can do is play chess and read the same stupid books over and over again. I'd love to see mine put her brilliant mind to work.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2010
    I am extremely excited! I cannot believe they're adding earthquakes. Just think.. maybe Weather is next, or in the works. :D I would love to see weather in Sims 3; Sims 3 scenery is so gorgeous.. I bet weather would be too.

Though, I am so excited to see something new this time. World Adventure's is new.. in a way. But it's kind of like Bon Voyage in a way too. I love that they finally figured out how to make our Sim jobs even more interactive.

I'm definitely excited to see if they open up some rabbit holes.

I cannot wait to hear more about Fashion Stylist, and the Detective career's. I love a good mystery. ;) The video was great, and the music fit perfectly. Tattoos?! That's AMAZING! :D Which is starting to give me some ideas of possible tattoos, and a possible idea for a Sim I can create.

Possibly a story to tell with that. :D
  • Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited March 2010
    I like the fact that we'll be able to add/remove/modify lots in game. I tried the CAW tool a couple of times but I'm just not patient enough to build a whole world from scratch :wink:
  • Options
    Hraklis943Hraklis943 Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2010
    The best feature in this expansion pack is that we finally are able to put and modify lots on the neighborhood!
    I hope they make it the same way like Sims 2 where we had premade lots like 20X20 30X30 etc....
    :D
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    edited March 2010
    I look forward for more things for my sims to do. This game really needs it. I probably won't use the stylist much because I've already made over many of the towns residents with a mod and its simply faster with no limitations.

I think I might enjoy playing inventors and investigators the most. It's good to see Servo back. There were a lot of great ideas for better Servos on the TS2 site. I hope EA listened.

I also hope this EP is not heavily dependent on story progression because I prefer to play with story progression off. :? I suspect that it will be.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Thank you for the list Connor! :)
    I'm pretty excited about architecture career, time machines and tattoos.
  • Options
    Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm pretty excited about this expansion! I can't wait to get it. Now there will be ever more things to discover, oh gosh, lol. :D
  • Options
    dihnchondadihnchonda Posts: 15 New Member
    edited March 2010
    i hope the game will be as good as it looks. EA alwayz advertise the game like its going to be a good EP but when u buy it, its not what u xpect. b4 WA came out, it was advertised like it was going 2 be a good game but when i bought it, it was not what i xpected. Hopefully this EP will be fun bucuz im tired of waistin my money.. I love the sims.. ive been playin the sims every since it came out.. i just want more xcitment n the game. i hope they thought outside the box when they made it..
  • Options
    dihnchondadihnchonda Posts: 15 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I'll have to wait to actually play it to see how that stuff works out in game. Sometimes stuff sounds so different on paper or how it looks in their trailers then how it is actually played out in game.

agreed..
  • Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    edited March 2010
    Earquakes do sound amazing. I hope houses can actually burn down to the ground though, since theres fire fighters it would only make sense that house can burn down to the ground...not the fire only buring up items in one room...
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    YamattaYamatta Posts: 48 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow! I just cannot wait! I think first I'm going to try the detective or ghosthunter career first but everything looks amazing. Trampolines!!!! Yay!!!! I'm also looking forward to the tattoos. I'm not a tattoo person in real life but I think it'd be cool to give my sims symbolic tattoos. And Fire!!! Wow... although the fire was good in the base game, it just didn't do much. It just looks soooo good!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    MacyQueenMacyQueen Posts: 2,321 New Member
    edited April 2010
    i'm super excited about tattoo's and earthquakes sound pretty cool too =]
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I think I missed something. Where did it say there were Earthquakes in this EP?
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited April 2010
    ConnorJack wrote:
    Hey simmers!
    We've gotten official word today announcing Ambitions and I can truly say i'm excited for this pack. It looks AMAZING with the little information we've gotten so far.

But what is your favourite features? I was just consolidating the features into a list and just saw how much cool stuff there is: earthquakes, fires and more!

Personally, my three favourite features are: earthquakes(!), ghost hunting and inventorship. What about you?

Hey, I’m still waiting for someone to link me to the official info that said Earthquakes are included in this EP. ConnorJack, your links go no where but a big error page.
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited April 2010
    It's mentioned a couple places in connection with the firefighter career. For instance, in the first Gamespot Q+A: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3ambitions/news.html?sid=6252806&mode=previews&mode=previews

"Your town may fall victim to small fires, huge infernos, and even earthquakes."

Personally I think people are making too much of this, and that they're not gonna happen unless you're playing a firefighter, but who knows :) Details are thin on the ground.

My favorite feature, btw, would have to be redesigning the town a room at a time as an architect, but the inventor skill is a close second. And being able to add new lots and objects is a close third ;)
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    My favorite feature, btw, would have to be redesigning the town a room at a time as an architect, but the inventor skill is a close second. And being able to add new lots and objects is a close third ;)

I'd probably put Inventor top myself, I'm interested in how the scrap acquisition will work (they mentioned demolitions and it seems to be in the trailer but I'm not sure how it'll work) as well as seeing what they have invention wise (particularly with regards to the "Servo").

I might put Sculpting quite high up the list too, we don't have much details on it but if you can actually make good statues of your sims in different poses that would be good fun (although in a previous discussion it was pointed out that there doesn't seem to be a reference to being able to make stone statues so it'll be interesting to see exactly what the options are).

To be honest, most of it sounds like it could be pretty good in a variety of different ways :).