Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverglade -- Mountain Village -- RELEASED, see original post.

Comments

• Options
    MizanaMizana Posts: 79 New Member
    edited February 2010
    When it is finished, will the link to download it be placed in the first post or will people have to flip through the pages to find the link?
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Neverglade reminds me of a town somewhere in New England, well from the perspective of the town and homes that are nestled together.

Do not feel pressured to finish this quickly (even though im sure you are not) i think when you finally get this done, everyone will be happy with the final results and appreciate all the time you've taken to create this.

Good luck with the "final touches".
    :)

Thank you!

I am somewhat feeling the pressure. Mostly because it has already been taking so long to get this done. Still, you're right! I won't rush this. Certainly not after all the time that I've already invested in it.
    xMag1995x wrote:
    Also, thanks for posting new pictures! I love how the waterfall came out looking, and also, the road on the big plattform (on the right to the graveyard) looks great, now that you have an intersection at the beginning of it, so that it continues! (don't know if you're gonna undertand that )

I think you mean the one near the big lots, right? The one that was a sharp turn before? If that's what you mean, yes, I like it better too!
    xMag1995x wrote:
    What do you mean with "export"? How do you do it?

That's how you turn your .world file into a Simspack file. In Caw it's under the tab 'File'. You'll just have to select the world you're working on, and then find it in your Sims 3 launcher to install.
    Cheelie111 wrote:
    Wow this is awesome!!!!

I have one simple request......lol i think...
    Can you place big empty lots that can fit 64x64 lots please. It is hard to find really good looking worlds that can fit those big lots.

Most probably will. At the moment I have 4 60x60 lots, but I might turn 2 of those into 64x64, or all of them. Will see!
    Glosoli wrote:
    Beaautiful. I've been hoping to see a world like this, actually - truly alpine and mountainous. I really like what I've seen so far. Granted, I'm a little worried how the neighborhood will perform - Sims 3 tends to be very slow to load on my laptop.

As far as lots go, it's somewhat similar to Sunset Valley. It does have more lots, but not an astronomical amount.

The only thing that might have an impact on the relevant performance are the trees. I'll see how I'll handle this however. I might also release a light version.. But we'll see.
    Blade1324 wrote:
    Ive been waiting for 2 months now for Neverglade to be released, Im really getting worried... please just be done already!! I think you have put almost TO MUCH "detail" into it!! To much detail leads to to much MEMORY ON OUR COMPUTERS!! THERE I THINK I JUST SPOKE FOR THE WHOLE!!! RIOT EVERYBODY!!! UPLOAD, UPLOAD, UPLOAD!!!

Sorry, nope. :P
    I am getting confused... Many people type in comments like they already have the world! And I don't know what to believe! Has it been finished and released or has it not been?! I am getting really annoyed now!

It hasn't been finished yet. By the time it is, It will be clearly shown and announced.:)
    (This is so much better than EA worlds )

Few questions,

will there be pre-made families? I can't seem to make a good story myself.

and PUH-LEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE ISLAND WORLDS! It isn't is it?

Most probably!

And no, it's not an island world. One side faces the ocean, but the rest is landlocked.
    Mizana wrote:
    When it is finished, will the link to download it be placed in the first post or will people have to flip through the pages to find the link?

When finished, the download link will be posted on the first page. I may also open a new thread. This is not relevant at the moment however, but worry not. :)

Thanks for the comments everyone, here's a little update.

Because of recent 'Real life' events I'll have to put the world on hold for at least 2 weeks. I haven't been able to work on it much these last couple of weeks, but right now it has to come to a temporary standstill.

I need to work on various assignments that will hopefully get me into a new study, so I consider these to be quite a lot more important than this! :p

I just wanted to let you guys know, so you'll have a heads up about why there won't be any updates for a while.

• Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Your world looks amazing. Thanks for the update and of course get your real world stuff done first. Take your time, but in the meantime, I'll be eagerly awaiting this world's release!

:)
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Pyronium3 : what textures did you use for the grass and rock, please ?

Byt he way, your world is AMAZING !
  • Options
    MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited March 2010
    RL schould certainly be more important than CAW in Sims. I think you got your priotities right :)

Stop fussing dear Sims3 fellows
    Neverglade will be ready when Pyronium3 thinks it is ready - and I am sure it will be awesome
  • Options
    MizanaMizana Posts: 79 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Yes real life first! You can can be THE super star of the sims community but if you neglect your real life, being able to make cool houses and such isn't going to pay your bills! Not to mention you won't be able to afford the upcoming expansion packsssss. For those people in school too, you may get your computer and stuff taken away or something if you start failing at school because of Sims. Good grades equals good money! Which equals more Sims! Teehee! WA might've been a flop with some of you, but the upcoming expansion packs will be better!

Anyway take your time Pyro! We're capable of waiting! Just like how EA made us wait by extending the release date of the base game on us...EA better not do that again if they know what's good for them :evil: But you're good, you're safe 8)

Teehee!
  • Options
    xMag1995xxMag1995x Posts: 132 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi Pyro, just wondering, will you use something from the new expansion pack? (ambitions):D
  • Options
    Carbonite101Carbonite101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Delayed? Aww... well it's better if you have no distractions so you can do as best as you can.
  • Options
    blade1324blade1324 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited March 2010
    This is true, real life before gaming... Let me take a wild stab in the dark here, what do you have to do left, in order for it to be ready to upload? BTW, amazing Pyronium3!! But please remember this, not even a circle can be perfect!! And yes, I do agree on the topic about your world being better than EA's! How much longer do you intend on working what's left of Neverglade? (wasn't supposed to sound mean in any way at all!)
  • Options
    blade1324blade1324 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Also Pyronium, great job so far, MM'hm!!
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited March 2010
    I hope that you've been testing this world in the real game as you go along. It seems that the more detail that I put into my world the better it looked, but when I got around to actually testing it in the game I found out that the lag was so bad that it is unplayable. I hope it doesn't catch you by surprise with this world, that would be a real shame.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    estyle36 wrote:
    Pyronium3 : what textures did you use for the grass and rock, please ?

Byt he way, your world is AMAZING !

The ones on the mountains are the granite textures which are also used in Sunset Valley. I recolored them to suit the feel I want.

Same goes for the grass, it's 3 different textures all recolored. Dry grass, and the normal grass.. Can't remember the name.
    xMag1995x wrote:
    Hi Pyro, just wondering, will you use something from the new expansion pack? (ambitions)

I certainly hope to be done with this before the next expansion pack is released! :lol:
    blade1324 wrote:
    This is true, real life before gaming... Let me take a wild stab in the dark here, what do you have to do left, in order for it to be ready to upload? BTW, amazing Pyronium3!! But please remember this, not even a circle can be perfect!! And yes, I do agree on the topic about your world being better than EA's! How much longer do you intend on working what's left of Neverglade? (wasn't supposed to sound mean in any way at all!)

Let me see.. Enhance the overall texture work. It's too bland in a lot of areas. Enhance the terrain sculpting to create more depth. add a lot of trees/plants/decorations. Still need to build a truckload of lots. Etcetera, etcetera.

It's still a lot that needs to be done, and I can't really say when it will be done. Also because these days I don't have much time to work on it, it would be too much of a wild guess.

And don't worry, you didn't come across as mean! You're just very excited, and I like that. :mrgreen:
    Jalida wrote:
    I hope that you've been testing this world in the real game as you go along. It seems that the more detail that I put into my world the better it looked, but when I got around to actually testing it in the game I found out that the lag was so bad that it is unplayable. I hope it doesn't catch you by surprise with this world, that would be a real shame.

I have been testing it in-game throughout the development, so that shouldn't be a problem. The only possible problem could be that the world will lag for a lot of other people. You see, my PC is a 'monster', so it takes a lot for it to be strained.

However, once it's released and I do get a lot of complaints, I might make a light version.

• Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2010
    I think your world is amazing!

Everyone can see how much work you put into it and how thoughtful you are working on every detail, which apparently paid off!

I for one truly understand that it is almost impossible to set up a release date - creating a world should be nothing but fun. In the end, it shows. :)
  • Options
    johnscott10johnscott10 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited March 2010
    you melted my PC and my face with the amount of detain in the 1st pic (thts a gd thing btw lol)

now this word deffo did catch my eye so will probly end up downloadin it upon release

keep up the gd work! :thumbup:
  • Options
    goZekigrlgoZekigrl Posts: 9
    edited March 2010
    omgeeze! that's incredible!!!

..... i clearly have a long way to go to make my world realistic.

[gulps]

kudos! can't wait to see it... and any of your other creations!
    :D
  • Options
    MarcoMuffinMarcoMuffin Posts: 177 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I want this soo bad!

Does it require WA?
    please say no :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thx for your answer pyro ! By the way, could you tell me how you change the colour of the textures ? Cause i found some on Modthesims (Martine's pack) but i can't open them in photoshop because it's DDS files. So what can i do ?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    simka72 wrote:
    I think your world is amazing!

Everyone can see how much work you put into it and how thoughtful you are working on every detail, which apparently paid off!

I for one truly understand that it is almost impossible to set up a release date - creating a world should be nothing but fun. In the end, it shows. :)

The fun factor is slowly starting to disappear though. I've completed most of the stuff I enjoy doing, and am now stuck with a lot of interior design (insert barfing smiley).

I mean, interior design is fun when you're working on a dream home for your Sims, but it gets weary VERY fast when you have to do it for almost each house in the neighborhood! :XD:

But oh well, in time it'll pay off and I can be proud of myself. :P (Or atleast feel like I've tried, haha!)
    I want this soo bad!

Does it require WA?
    please say no :'(

Sorry, but yes. It requires WA.
    Estyle36 wrote:
    Thx for your answer pyro ! By the way, could you tell me how you change the colour of the textures ? Cause i found some on Modthesims (Martine's pack) but i can't open them in photoshop because it's DDS files. So what can i do ?

You'll need to download and install a plugin which allows you to open DDS files.

This is one for example: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

If you're running a 32-bit version of Photoshop it should work. In my case it doesn't, because I run a 64-bit version.

Because of that I've downloaded Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/) and a DDS plugin for that as well.

I open the DDS files with Gimp, save them as Targa (.TGA) files, and open those in Photoshop.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    LoveInACanLoveInACan Posts: 253 New Member
    edited March 2010
    The details are amazing, you must have spent forever on this! I wish there was a place that looked like Neverglade, it's so gorgeous!

Bravo :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GetafeGetafe Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hey dude

You have pulled something out of the hat here
    And this isn't the normal rabbits you get
    This is a masterpiece... Gotta be put down as art
    If you was a sim on my game yud easily have the Artistic trait

I just wanna say as I'm interested in downloading your art when its finished
    I am more interested in smaller plots
    Most my houses in Riverview are small and I don't like the wasted land
    So I hope you have some smaller plots too :P

Well done so far!
    Wish you the best for the future in this project of yours!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok thanks a lot Pyronium3 !
  • Options
    goligy08goligy08 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited March 2010
    neverglade is amazing it has inspired me to make my town :L
  • Options
    vixiluvixilu Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    ARE YOU NEAR THE END...YOU KNOW I AM STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT NEVERGLADE.....
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pyro, what do you mean when you say " DDS plugin " ? Cause i installed Gimp but when i open a texture with it, it still write me an error message (invalide file).

So please, what is a " DDS plugin " ?
  • Options
    vixiluvixilu Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    HELLO PYURO ... Can you post some new photos.. just to see how your world is going.IT IS SOOO GOOD,EVEN EA envy you... :) I'm just a child I do not write english well.Sorry IF there are some spelling mistakes.I'm not from England or America.. :P