Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Options
    dlegrowdlegrow Posts: 347 New Member
    edited February 2010
    @ berry: Read the new update and commented on your site. :)

Not much else to say...I'm feeling antisocial today. (But still go check out the new section of the site! Link in Sig!)

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Yay! Almost to page 100!! ^^
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Good morning world!!

Everyone have a great day. Off to work!!
  • Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! This post is getting bigger! Almost to 100 pages, guys! WOOHOO!!!

I'm working on getting into your updates. D: So many, so many, sorry If I don't get all of them. If I missed any let me know, I'll be doing update readings tomorrow. Today I'm going to see The Phantom of The Opera. Free play at the Library. I so want to play Christine D:
    It's just around my range. Mezzo Soprano.
    Even though she's first Soprano >.> And I'm usually second, but I can hit the notes ><

Getting off topic XD
    SORRY!!

Anyways, I'll be back later tonight.

Bai!!
  • Options
    W1NGZW1NGZ Posts: 108 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Edit: problem solved ^^
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I've got a new chapter of Life Chronicles out: http://tws1996.wordpress.com/

Hope you enjoy :D !!

And W1NGZ, I think you should go on a blog, you can design your blog page as well so you could have double the fun, oh, and there is less hassle too!!
  • Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2010
    just putting this out there to see what you think; i have been toying with the idea to write a story with my sims from a fist-person journal point-of-view. as in having the diaries of the girls in my sim family tell it as they see it.
    Since i have been running this idea through my head for sometime, i'm probably just going to write it anyway.
    i have on concern about the plot though. i don't want it just to be a legacy story, just covering the family, but i'm not sure how to go about expanding the story-line. I tend to write more fantasy, and since that doesn't work with this context, i'm not sure how to go about it.
    feel free to give me your two cents :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nevermind :D Furyred provided me with a temporary solution:
    If it's linked to the site maintenance it should all clear up tomorrow anyway hopefully ^^
    Create-a-story seems to have a big problem where, if you take a long time writing your story, when you press save the page will just refresh. The only workaround I have is to write your story in stages, for example: place all the pictures for your story, click save and set the viewing to private when you publish so no one can see it. Then write some of it, save again, write, save, and so on. Then, once you're finished, you can just make the story public so everyone can see it.

That being said, without further ado I present:

:mrgreen:Walking Dead: The Cynical Saga of Winter Swan, Chapter 3!!!!! :mrgreen:

You can read it here: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=177768

~ w1ngz
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TW1996: I enjoyed the chapter! Can't wait to find out what happens with Arthur and the feud :twisted:

vgmusicbookworm: I think it's a great idea! Also, there's no reason why you can't have a fantasy plot :) you can especially enhance the fantasy theme if you do any editing in your screenies (special effects and all that!). As just a random example, perhaps a family of green sims are trying to harvest the perfect omni plant, or perhaps an indigo-colored sim is trying to find a community of Sims like her somewhere in the world (theres a lot of fun plot stuff you could do particularly if you own WA).

Anywho, I hope you decide to go through with it and if you do, I look forward to seeing what you come up with ^^

~ w1ngz
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    Chapter 5 is done! The link is below. But if you want to see it with bigger, clearer pictures, you can also view it on the Trini's Perfect Life thread. I'm posting the chapters in the thread because of the culling thing. Click on my signature for the link to the thread. Wow 90 pages!:)

Trini's Perfect Life: About Emory
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=177833
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thursday, February 25, 7:30 PM --
    ...followed the link to Trini's Perfect life... quickly became obsessed and read all 5 chapters and recommended all of them...

... cannot wait for trini's demise :twisted: ....

...constructed elaborate reference web for the many series I MUST keep up on *twitch* ... am beginning to wonder if this is how old ladies feel about their soaps...

On a side note, very good story Rika :D

Edit: Forgive me for trolling today.. I've been housebound with the flu :cry:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LOL :lol: !! I think you're right about the soap opera thing! It's nice to have another fan, I'm glad you're enjoying this series. I too have a growing list of stories to keep up with. There's just so many good ones :shock: ! I hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited February 2010
    Half of Chapter 19 is finished...here's a snip bit for my readers :wink: :

"
    The trip to China neared its end, and reluctantly Rowan said goodbye to Lu. She knew that this would probably be the last time that she ever saw him, but how do you say goodbye to your soul mate?

"I'm really going to miss being around you...you're unlike anyone I have ever met." Rowan admitted cautiously to Lu, not knowing for certain if her deep seeded feelings for him were mutual.

"Our paths will meet again, I'm sure of it," Lu replied, smiling weakly. "And besides, how could I ever say good bye to the one I hope to spend the rest of my life with?"

Oh my God...did he just say what I think he just did? Rowan's mind raced with the possibilities of the unknown. Unsure how to respond to such a life altering question, Rowan just leaned in close and kissed Lu firmly. The taxi car driver honked his horn impatiently breaking the effervescent mood of Lu and Rowan. With a smile to her soul mate and a scowl to the driver, Rowan reluctantly entered the taxi. "
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    W1NGZ, I just read all 3 chapters of Walking Dead and gave Recs to all 3. It's a very interesting story. Now I want to add a waffle night to my week :lol: . I really like Jem's character. Especially since he's a fan of Zelda. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited February 2010
    Great update Rika! Emory is really funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Finally! I finish Chapter 19: Addilyn's Wish...Hope y'all like it!!

http://justcallmebean.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/chapter-xix-addilyns-wish/
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited February 2010
    TW1996: Left a comment on your site!

Vgmusic: I think you can get a Sci fi story going! You just need to create some sci fi looking sets and sci fi looking people...just like W1NGZ said. It possible! I would link you but there I forgot where it was, a girl was writing a sci fi story about a spaceship in space, she did a really good job creating sets and editing..it looks fabulous. ^^ So dont be discouraged, with the Sims3 anything is possible. ^^

W1NGZ: I really love this chapter w1ngz! Jem is a real cutie and Im glad that Winter has finally taken up the nerve to talk to him, even though she sputtered more than talk to the guy. XD I loved all the conversation pieces and I love Winters insight on her talking abilities and her praying. XDD You had me in stitches. What was really interesting and a cliffhanger was Victor sneaking around, and the craziness...Im scared to think what he is really wanting to do to them. 0,0

Rika: Wonderful chapter! Left a comment on your thread. <33

Bean: Left a comment on your site! A really sweet update! ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for reading everybody! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sim718sim718 Posts: 61
    edited February 2010
    yuor going to be questioning why im righting considering i have no stories but the same thing hapened i nthe sims 2, im planning on writing in the sims 3 and i know this will hapen. there should be adds! we should be able to make adds for our stories and stuff andthey play on the website!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sim718 wrote:
    yuor going to be questioning why im righting considering i have no stories but the same thing hapened i nthe sims 2, im planning on writing in the sims 3 and i know this will hapen. there should be adds! we should be able to make adds for our stories and stuff andthey play on the website!

We started our own thread...lol:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/157813.page
  • Options
    TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi guys, just to tell you I'm gonna be busy this weekend with a maths exam on Monday, loads of homework, and some installing games to do, so I might not be around. I hate the fact that real life must come before sims :( .

But before I leave I like to thank everyone for comments :D !!
    And Bean I loved your latest chapter, it's been a long time coming but it is great, can't wait'll next time!!...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for reading TW and I'm so happy that you enjoyed it! I know RL can be a pain in the patooty sometimes...lol. Good luck with your homework endeavors!
  • Options
    EmmaSmileEmmaSmile Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited February 2010
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2010
    hmm, well, i can start out simply, setting in the future and evolve it as the story continues. any suggestions on where to post it though?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    VG: Sorry if this isn't what you're asking, forgive me if you already know all this :P

If you go to a story page, like http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=176875 for example (my story! muahaha ;)) you will see a button on the left that reads Create a Story.

That's where ya start :D I would bet $20 that the Help section has a good tutorial for it, as I'm sure there's at least 1 great player-made tutorial on writing stories.

If you were more asking about a blog, I can't help you there as I don't use one :( but they have both have their pros.

Pros to an outside blog: A) it's way more stable than the exchange! (none of this losing your story or maintenance baloney) B) you get a little more freedom with pic formats and editing, and C) most have a comment function so readers and fans can leave you messages or communicate with one another.

Pros to the Exchange: A) you stand the chance to get Featured, which I guess is every creator's secret wish :)B) you can track your number of reads/downloads/recommendations, and C) sometimes, if someone really likes your work they'll send you shiny presents from the Sims 3 Store!! ^^

I'm sure someone else can tell you lots more about blogging.

Don't let the photo side of it intimidate you :) it is tough at first, but with the help of a few tips and cheat commands that helpful people have posted in this thread it gets muuuuuch easier!

Lastly, http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=Greengirl7783 Greengirl wrote a story called Love You Kezzi that's kind of fantastical. You might enjoy reading to see how she handled the fantasy element :)