Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited February 2010
    dlegrow wrote:

EDIT: @ berry: Thank you!! So much for uploading Fairy. :mrgreen: Do you want me to keep her name the same in my story (it's no problem), or do I have free reign to change it?
    Oh, and what CC did you use on her? Or should it automatically load into my game?
    *facepalm* I just took a look at her and realized that you uploaded her sans CC (at least I'm pretty sure I recognize those clothes). Thanks again!

You can change her name if you wish. Also feel free to give her any kind of make over you want. I believe the only CC she had on was her hair. Which I got on the Sims 3 Hair blog. Just put a little thing at the beginning of the story Fairy Floss(or what ever name u decide) created by Berry. ;) and then you can do what ever you like!

I am looking forward to reading it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dlegrowdlegrow Posts: 347 New Member
    edited February 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    dlegrow wrote:

EDIT: @ berry: Thank you!! So much for uploading Fairy. :mrgreen: Do you want me to keep her name the same in my story (it's no problem), or do I have free reign to change it?
    Oh, and what CC did you use on her? Or should it automatically load into my game?
    *facepalm* I just took a look at her and realized that you uploaded her sans CC (at least I'm pretty sure I recognize those clothes). Thanks again!

You can change her name if you wish. Also feel free to give her any kind of make over you want. I believe the only CC she had on was her hair. Which I got on the Sims 3 Hair blog. Just put a little thing at the beginning of the story Fairy Floss(or what ever name u decide) created by Berry. ;) and then you can do what ever you like!

I am looking forward to reading it. :mrgreen:
    Awesome, thanks again! I already changed her everyday/formal hair, and I'm working on her outfits so hopefully it will all be to your liking. :) I will have a section on my site called 'contributions' or something similar where I will link to all the Sims/CC I use in my story.
  • Options
    nurse11031nurse11031 Posts: 1,756 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I just about got my chapter well enough to be posted. Who's excited?!?!?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nurse11031 wrote:
    I just about got my chapter well enough to be posted. Who's excited?!?!?

Woot!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    woot woot!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is:
    http://adventure11031.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/adventure-new-heiress/
  • Options
    W1NGZW1NGZ Posts: 108 New Member
    edited February 2010
    @Nurse: just got done reading it -- really good! Another legacy story I will have to backread and keep up on :) I especially like the voice/personality/tone of your main storyteller in this chapter. Even though I only read this one to begin with (going to read the others now) I felt like I was part of the fam :mrgreen:

On another note, I, too have posted an update to my story (side story) Walking Dead: The Cynical Saga of Winter Swan. (EXCITEMENT!) But before I link it I just wanna say OMGOMGOMGTHANKSYOUALLLSSS for reading it!! I could not BELIEVE that chapter 1 already has 90-something views and 15 rec's! I nearly fell outta my chair.

Hopefully you'll like this installment just as well :)http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=177206

I also uploaded the 3 main chars. I have an idea in the future for some sort of collaborative story thread using the same characters (that would be cool eh?) so please feel free to download em and put them in your own stories or digress from mine ^^

Winter http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2047591
    Carrie http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2047592
    Ava http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2047590

Thanks for your reads and rec's guys :)

♥ ~ w1ngz
  • Options
    SarahSim11SarahSim11 Posts: 523 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hey, I love to write, I want to become an author when I grow up!
    Also, am I aloud to post the links to my legacy chapters here?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    @W1NGS: Thanks for the compliments. I've worked very hard on this story. :)

@Sarah: You may post links to your stories here. :)

Goodnight everyone!!
  • Options
    DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Nurse: I commented on your site. ^^

W1NGZ: Another great chapter! I love her name! Its so pretty, Winter Ambrosia Swan. Her mom is funny to me and hopefully it doesnt all backfire in her face with Mr. Victor! Keep em coming! Rec'ed of course too. ^^

SarahSim11: Of course you are! Welcome aboard to the thread and looking forward to reading what you bring! ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great update Nurse!
    Chapter 4 is up!

Enjoy. I will be gone for a couple days. Wish me luck with my move :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm running a little low on ideas right now for new sims to create. I really like makin' em (you can see some of my stuff here: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/W1NGZ/mystudio)

Does anyone need any custom characters created for stories? I need new projects!! :)

Also, Dusty: Thanks for the encouragement ^^ you should update your wishlist lol ;)
    And good luck Berry! Very good chapter ^^ can't wait to read more.. also I wanna download your hunks :)

~ w1ngz
  • Options
    SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Ello all!!

Holy crap, so many new posts @_@

Makes me all fuzzy inside.

XD

I'll be catching up as soon as I can.

XD I'm going to be busy with this, I can already tell. woot!!

Chapter 2 is still in progress. It should be out very soon. :3

Swishy
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    Berry, another great update! I liked seeing what he thought about the situation. Oh and good luck with your move! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Berry: Left a comment on your site! ^^

W1NGZ: Aww, your welcome!! ^^ And I have all the things that I want from the EA Store, so until they release new updates, itll be empty. XDD

And like I said before your simmies are really gorgeous! You make lovely men too. >< Lolz. Would you want to make some characters for me?
    Im almost done making the whole cast for my next story Velvet Secrets. Im left with two men, Fane Wilkens and Richard Kincade. Let me know if your interested and Ill give you the deets in your thread. Im not strict so youll get alot of freedom on making em! ^^

Hey Swish! Great to see you! ^^
    Lolz...all fuzzy inside! <33

And an update for those waiting! XDD
    I finally released some chapters, 7 and 8 for Love the Hard way. (Link in siggy)
    I had such a hard time with this story last night. Works wouldnt open my saved story and said the file was corrupt. Thank goodness I had the blog site that has all my chapters 1-6..but all of my pre-written chapters from 7-10 were lost! T.T
    So I had to end up re-writting all of them...Grrr.....I only got up to chapter 8 sadly, or else ya'll would have an update of four chapters. T.T

Anyways! Thanks for the reading in advance!! <33
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Great chapter Nurse :)

Mine should be out in a day or two
  • Options
    Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Great chapter Nurse :)

Mine should be out in a day or two
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Jake! Can't wait for yours!
  • Options
    Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited February 2010
    Dusty, I left comments on your story's page for Chapters 7 & 8 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dusty: ooh, yes preez!!
  • Options
    TheSeventhSinTheSeventhSin Posts: 92 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I love this thread! :D

I haven't been catching up on legacies lately :oops:, and shouldn't be prioritizing the sims3 at the top of my list. (paper due monday, and work all weekend for my new career! They stole me!) Anyway, i continue to peek at this thread. If i'm checking feedback for my own story, i should definetly be giving you your own. If i missed any of your stories, feel free to yell at me.

W1ngs, ! Your story is off to a great start. I love Winter's hippie backstory! teheheheh! A while back (like a WHILE back) in this thread Bean posted some camera tips for taking pictures. They really helped me out with the sims3 camera and made it more fun to take screen shots.

Some of the tricks/cheats Bean taught us were:

ctrl-shift-c pop up the cheat box.

hideheadlineeffects on will hide any thought ballons, skill bars, and the plumbobs.

Pressing tab in live mode will give you closer up shots. You will be able to angle with the mouse, up and down. You can play with the four angles outside of tab, and then press it to get a more percise shot.

There is always editing too. You can find your pictures in mydocuments/Electronicarts/thesims3/screenshots/(they will be thumbnails here, or the ones you uploaded to the exchange will be in the "converted" folder.) Just edit and save! It can be fun?

Does anyone else have more tips for us?
  • Options
    trancerocker08trancerocker08 Posts: 266 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I read the update and I want to say what a great story, nurse! Way to go Hannah and Heidi! Unfortunately the internet in my house isn't working so I won't be able to comment as much as I want, or read everyone's stories... :cry: But I'll still try!

TheSeventhSin - Q and E raise and lower the camera, while Z and C zoom it in or out. I also believe holding CTRL and pressing Z or C will rotate the camera, but am not sure...

And, since I have heard a few people talk about it, I wanted to share a tip I learned a while ago, concerning the "EA broke" condition of stories. Apparently after a month or so, pictures in stories will start to disappear, some more than others. The secret to remedying this situation is NOT to delete the pictures from your studio. I have left my Big Brother screenshots alone, and so far they've been okay. (My first story suffered from this sad fate...) Hope that helps everyone!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Trance. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rika: Thank you for them all! <33

W1NGZ: Alrighty! Ill post it in your thread. <333

SeventhSin: Hmm...lets see, I dont know if anyone knows these but I thought Id share em anyways ^^

Move Left/Right :: [←] / [→] and [A] / [D]
    Move Forward/Backward :: [↑] / [↓] and [W] /
    Move Faster :: [Shift] + [←] / [→] / [↑] / [↓] or [Shift] + [A] / [D] / [W] /
    Zoom In/Out :: [Z] / [X] or [+] / [-]
    Rotate Left / Right :: [,] / [.]

And I use this mod to help in taking pictures, I really love it,
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345987

and theres also Slowmotionviz 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7
    Slows down your game so you can get those shots mid way and whatnot..., number 7 is the slowest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    7thsin: Thanks a ton! I will definitely search for Bean's post and utilize those tips... Clearly I need work in that area 8)

~ w1ngz ~
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We added an authors note to the site! Check it out!!

Working on the update and watching American Idol