Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Creative Designing with Darkside266

Comments

• Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2010
    Judy-this has been a treat to see this build come together. I do hope you put up the finished product, I would love to have it!

Pinklady-WOW! My jaw hit the keyboard looking at your build. It's fabulous, can't wait to see what you did for the interior!

Sherry-Thanks for posting the link about the cheatengine. No matter what I did to my cabin, I woudn't upload. I'm going to try again using this. As far as the speed of the forum, I'm not too sure. I'm on my old computer, normally I use my laptop...but it is loading faster.

Windrider-looking good! Thanks for the link, neat how it works. Have you seen colorlovers.com? You choose 1 color, it brings up a bunch of coordinating colors, choose 1 and go on like that until you have your palette...it's cool too.

Edited to add...waiting for the reply to post didn't take as long either!

• Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2010
    Goodness the forums are back up, Pinklady I love your gazebo and it certainly has given me some ideas! Anyway, my English Country house, some piccys!

English country house

Front of house
    v2z4uh.jpg

Rear of house
    2rfrcsg.jpg

Kitchen
    dxd8i0.jpg

Copper? Best I could do!
    331kb6h.jpg

Veg Garden and greenhouse
    e1ds9c.jpg

Nursery
    i2rrwj.jpg

OH Living room
    2lu73w3.jpg

OH Dining room
    t83hn9.jpg

Sunroom
    f2ubs5.jpg

Now I am off to read waterfall instructions for the elentyth time..........
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    *superjawdrop*

Smoky!!! I am in AWE!!! I LOVE IT!! UPLOAD IT NOWWWW!!!!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited February 2010
    Attempting to post for this update:

Just want to let everyone know that I received a phone call from LilSapphire today. Unfortunately, her computer has decided to fizzle out and die on her, so she will be unavailable until she can either get it fixed or get a new one. :(
    So we're all gonna have to wait for more story updates...
    Hopefully she'll get a computer up and running again soon...not only for our sake but for hers too, lol ;)

Also, the Sim Stories site has exceeded its bandwidth limit so I will not be posting a heart on that one for the time being. You'll have to look for the third heart either at BS or tss...Have fun. :)

I'm still having trouble posting on the forums....
    I can see them though, if I'm logged out...how come they seem to be working for everyone but me now? :(
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited February 2010
    Windrider...i'm on page 101...i went to your pic page..i do like the layout and setup of your furniture..I'm not sure if its just the lighting or the choice of wall/floor colors(i'm betting lights though)..anyway for some reason it just looks dull and blah..The blacks,greys and whites should be looking great together,so i would just start by making sure the lights work.

Alpha..not sure why your saying Failed Victorian..are you giving up?,if not.Then i would suggest using an angled wall on the front left corner to match your railing and add some windows,just those 2 things can help bring life into your home.

Julia..glad you got the new PC together..now if you just keep it for SIMS and your other one for all the other stuff.you will prolly be building some masterpieces by next week.

Molley..sorry to see you have been having probs with the forums like the rest of us..but its good to see you did get in.Cant wait to see work updates.

Craig..i know suggestions have already been sent your way...Love the sunken area and coloring.Suggestions i could make:move the bookcase to upper level or find one that doesnt tower over your halfwall,and CAS it to something other than a wood texture..next for your coffee tables,your design looks alright,but try adding an endtable right in center of your coffeetable design.Something like this.
    a0e3q9.jpg

Julia..I'm liking your use of the new SP.I cant say the bathroom with the red tiles and beigish walls go well together though,you may try experimenting with some other choices there.I like the bath with the blue/beige though,those fit good together.Congrats on your download count.i knew you could do it.

Judy..just like all my previous posts about your walton home.it all looks so great..i do think i would test the martial arts dummy though.IF thats its intended purpose,cuz i could also see it used as a place to hold a robe..lol,but if its supposed to be usable,i would test it,just in case its to close to other objects.

Pinklady..I have to say this thread has been so beneficial to you and so many others in such a short time,just based on the fact i have seen so many wonderful new landscapes come out of you all..It is so cool to see something other than default green grass on flat landscapes..YOUR work here has definetely shown such progress..I love your House design gazebo,arched bridge,terrains/terrain paints,bodies of water and even the fact that you made areas of your build with crawl spaces,Heck even i hadnt thought of that for ANY of my builds..VERY well done.

Windrider..on page 102...I'm not sure what your plans for the divewell are at the present time,but i would definetly CAS it to fit your yard..if its a kiddie pool thats cool,BUt i will offer another idea for you..surround it with some rocks place fountains at one end,you may have to use foundation to place the fountains(not sure)..anyway,give it a Spring fed well look.I still like your interior placement and colors,but the lighting still gives it a drab look.You may even try going to night selection and seeing and taking pics then ,just o see how well it all lights up and looks.

Smoky...Your English Cottage is looking so great..not sure if it was intentional or not,but it looks like your ivy above door went inside your room instead of on exterior.(in Pic 2).Love your cozy little kitchen,looks like the kids have drug your table cloth off the table,(dang kids,LOL).I dont have any real suggestions for improving it,i'm not crazy about the default area rug color in your art room though,i'm betting there is another pattern that would look better..Overall,your homes have been looking so good these last couple that you built,i dont feel needed anymore..lol

Well i did get my dream home complete,made CAS changes that were suggested..having game problems lately,so considering doing a reinstall,so i uploaded it with family of 4 to 4shared.with CC and family it is 191mbs..I will try to do a version without family to reduce size for you guys,but i just needed to save my family as it was for now..I am doing a request for Tinkerbelch,so as soon as i finish hers,i'll get back and get just the dream house uploaded.
  • Options
    windrider1967windrider1967 Posts: 96
    edited February 2010
    DS - I will try th night pics, didn't think of that but may give a better look. I have invis lights put in in all rooms as well as standard lighting, lightened the floors etc...Popped the dive well in the front for some interest, thinking to replace with a fountain instead.

Been working on updating my homepage. Once I get it done and laid out will post the link for suggestions. DS - do you have a graphic link to any of your sig graphics for this thread. Would like to run a a link back, but need to save to my computer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dark- I'm just not getting a Victorian feel from it. It's just.... eh. I can't find a way to make it more Victorian. I need some tips
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    windrider..not sure what you mean by graphics link..Nam is the siggie designer here...but if your just wanting the pic..i think you can click it and save to a file then connect a link..but i'm really not sure how all that works.

Alpha..i have only built one victorian...Ricslady over at TSS may be able to help you more,i know she does quite a few Victorian style homes.BUt from what i can see..if you work with your exterior color,install some windows that have a victorian feel,you may be on the right track with it..fom what i've seen..victorians tend to have wide wrap around porches also.BUt keep in mind i am no expert in the type of build.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That is where I run into problems- I can't really find a good, Victorian window( s ). I always aim for more modern day windows, and it ruins the effect. I'll strike up a conversation with Ricslady about it and see if she can help me a bit more.

Ugh- Now I'm getting forum problems :evil:
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DS - dumb me. How did I completely forget "Save picture" Not enough sleep last night I guess.

Night shots not much better. Gonna have to play with the lighting. Rwplaced the dive well with the Angel fountain, a stone bench and the porch swing. Looks good.

Finally got the kid off the computer and she is headed to a friends for thenight so will have plenty of time on.
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2010
    Evergreen, you might get a more victorian feel if you kinda squash it smaller on the floor plan and stretch the roofs so they are a bit exaggerated, bit higher but not all the same if you see what I mean. Lean and high.... windows are paned, and can be floor length on the ground, maybe a bay? I mean built with walls a bay not a de facto window. Ricslady has some lovely Victorians so does ruthlesskk.

Oh Dark, I saw what you meant, it wasn't an ivy misplaced, but it was a bathroom plant too near the wall, I twisted it and its ok now. This wasn't a build I would write home about but it in my mind is ok-ish. Not going to bother with a share file, unless requested.

I am at the moment swearing blue air and purple words at trying to make a waterfall, well, fall I suppose. Logic so does not come into this. If the water is high and you make a hole it would in nature fall out. Not so....... you have to build pillars. Oh really. And does it work?? Not so far.
  • Options
    Micky101037Micky101037 Posts: 2,940 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Ahhh!!!!!

I'm gone for two days and you reach the 100th page without me! :cry:

I had trouble finding a 100 picture, but here it is-

Happy 100th page!

21jan2-healthy-at-100.jpg
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Smoky, if you have WA or the post-WA patch installed, the columns will no longer work for waterfalls. Look for a post WA tutorial. I will try to find the link for you. If not, you can just ignore me. :wink:

Okay, waterfall tutorial by jisgr8:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=132506
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well - still can't get the European Luxury to go through but the Modern Minimalist is up.

Exchange link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1969181

Final gallery photos:

http://my.pho.to/windrider1967/s1/albums/homes/sf5_thumbs0.htm

Realized there is an auto fix contrast in my photo program, so in addition to reworking the lights I also upped the brightness a hair in the pics.

DS - got you linked, thanks again, I am an idiot.

Wanted to let you all know i went back and did some much needed recs for alot of the recent work. If I missed yours - sorry, hard to keep track going back. Gonna try the European again before I go to bed, but I am not holding my breath.

Also if anyone has a page that they would like linked on my home page, let me know. Still building it up. Need to add a seperate page for all the houses.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well i have spent the weekend building a house for Tinkerbelch...posting pics,so she can see how its coming along..comments are welcome though.

6ste9c.jpg
    t0kk80.jpg
    4kfgaw.jpg
    apg3s7.jpg
    10wk860.jpg

w6sgac.jpg
    15egkw.jpg
    6g9ee0.jpg

dining room
    autqnr.jpg
    o6d2lz.jpg

xnyg43.jpg
    e8rcja.jpg

2u6fk9d.jpg
    25a45sg.jpg

jb654g.jpg
    25s77ma.jpg

2qnt5qh.jpg
    27zi79c.jpg
    ixqh00.jpg
    28vymfd.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Abs gorgeous DS. Tink is this one going to be available. I absolutely love it.
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited February 2010
    Sherry, I tried the cheatengine, and it didn't work :( Thanks for trying, though!
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited February 2010
    DS, LOVE THE RED! lol

I love your use of the new SP. I really like the design on the dining room tables. Not sure about the blinds in the bedroom, they look kinda pink. Love the NYC pic!
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited February 2010
    darkside, you are just getting way too good at all of this interior decorating stuff!! When I first looked at the overview, it looked like an awful lot of red going on, but then when you look at each individual room, it all balances out! The only thing I don't care for personally are the type of flowers in the flower bed... but that's just my personal taste :lol:

Sherry, I will try the cheat engine later when I get ready to attempt the upload... I am going to go through and test play the lot first.

• Options
    PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    Smokey, I was having the same problem with the waterfalls, I eventually gave up.
    I hope you can conquer them.

Well I didn't get much done with the interior for the Home on the Lake, because I went out for a while.

Here are some pics of a modern home that I was working can anyone give me some suggestions for landscaping.

264q3qg.jpg

vfz9ky.jpg

2j2evbn.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    judy..i'll see what i can come up with for more suitable plants in flowerbed..thank you.

Pinklady..i like your design..for you back patio,i think it would look good with some tables and umbrellas,maybe 3-4 sets scattered around..now for you landscaping..i would go with surrounding area..maybe some similar trees,some palms and use some sand terrain paints..the house and locale just scream landscape it beachy.Good luck.

well i dont know if i'm just a victim of the latest SP and update or not,but while working on the build today,my game crashed at least 4 times,each time i was about finished with Master suite.the last time i had the suite finished,did a little more to the kitchen and even had landscaping finished..i was taking first couple of pics and it crashed again..after spending 4 hours today re-doing stuff over and over.i just couldnt bring myself to spend another hour or so redoing again tonite.Man these bugs suck.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    DS, I think it looks good - you must have a theme going here...

Pink Lady, I am sorry, I was gonna suggest stuff, but I'm having decorator's block, so I don't know if I'm much help. :wink:

I know you don't want too much with a modern, and I think plants like palm trees or bamboo would be good, but then my brain starts to get all fuzzy on me...

I also need help, so if anyone has time I have posted at TSS, here's the link:

http://www.simmerssociety.com/apps/forums/topics/show/2055269-transitional-bedroom-help-needed?next=

Thanks all!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DS: Thanks, I was wondering where I can get some nice tables and umbrellas.
    I like the ones you used for tinks home. BTW, I like the windows in the pool.
    As for the SP problems don't worry you are not alone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    DS, I think it looks good - you must have a theme going here...

Pink Lady, I am sorry, I was gonna suggest stuff, but I'm having decorator's block, so I don't know if I'm much help. :wink:

I know you don't want too much with a modern, and I think plants like palm trees or bamboo would be good, but then my brain starts to get all fuzzy on me...

I also need help, so if anyone has time I have posted at TSS, here's the link:

http://www.simmerssociety.com/apps/forums/topics/show/2055269-transitional-bedroom-help-needed?next=

Thanks all!

Funny you say bamboo, I used bamboo on the interior of the home.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pinklady..i should have that lot up hopefully tomorrow nite..i know i either got the umbrellas from Jaded CC lots or straight from TSR,i just have so much CC anymore that i forget where it came from.