The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1.9.22.004001 Update Error

I currently have the 1.8.25.003001 patch. It wants me to update to 1.9.22.004001, but when i do, it comes up with an error saying 'Update Error: File not found'. What file is it talking about? It will not let me play my game until I update with the patch.

Comments

• Options
    cewtsoulcewtsoul Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2010
    Im having the same problem. Im kinda tired of having to reinstall the game everytime the game has a patch. Not only will it not patch the game now i cannot open my game. This is after i spend more money buying the stuff pack. I have no mods i have only downloaded stuff from the exchange and i will ask.... if stuff from the exchange is messing up the game why is it allowed to be on the exchange. Ea get your stuff together every time a patch comes out i have to reinstall and the game launcher is a joke half the time it does not work and i have to keep trying to get something to get into it. The last few patches i have had to go to another site and manually download them. This time that is not even working.??!

If someone has a fix for this please let us know. Again when installing the update 1.9.22.004001 it comes up with a error saying Update Error: File not found.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anyone else having this problem? I find it hard to believe that only 2 people have this problem. Earlier today a few more post were up with people having this same problem but the post seem to have disappeared. If you had this problem and found a fix please post it. I have reinstalled the eadm. Not sure i will reinstall the game this time im kind of sick of all the problems.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2010
    did you install any third party mods or content? if you go to modthesims there is a program you can run that will tell you which file needs to be replaced it is possible you have a corrupt file in the case you didn't install any mods i know the camera mod and the censor blue replace original sim files and need to be fixed before updating
  • Options
    ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    edited February 2010
    Well I just tried to install the latest patch and everything installed correctly but when my launcher popped up it told me that ''the game I'm runnung doesn't match the data to update''. That's what I JUST DID!!!!!! WTH????
  • Options
    ranma6899ranma6899 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2010
    i try update it to say my base game incomblity with the update there no content i pulled my mod files out ,even took the ones from the exchange out make sure there none i get same eror i pulled sims 3 adventure out ,do i need expansion first high do this update it not here yet 4 days it be here. but fact is i cant play the game sigh
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited February 2010
    cewtsoul wrote:
    Im having the same problem. Im kinda tired of having to reinstall the game everytime the game has a patch. Not only will it not patch the game now i cannot open my game. This is after i spend more money buying the stuff pack. I have no mods i have only downloaded stuff from the exchange and i will ask.... if stuff from the exchange is messing up the game why is it allowed to be on the exchange. ...
    Cewtsoul, with TS3 I have never downloaded anything from a 3rd party site, yet I still have a few items of CC in my game due to files that were included with Sims on the Exhange. :shock: I didn't even realize these files were included at first. :oops: So, you might still have CC even if you've never downloaded it from a third party site. :wink:
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited February 2010
    It tells me.. Update error invalid file. Then it tells me my base game is incompatible with the new EP and to download the new update. Hello? You won't let me download it. I don't even have the new pack. Why is it doing this to me? And no, I do not have any downloads except for the ones I got from the sims store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I found out what the problem was. I downloaded the patch log viewer from mod the sims and it said i had files from the base game missing ...they were the base families and houses, So i got them off of the sims 3 disc and put them manually in the folder that they were missing from(the patch log viewer shows the specific file that was missing and where it is missing from). And after i did that the patch worked. Thank god i was about to give up on sims 3..lol
  • Options
    blbwolf17blbwolf17 Posts: 13
    edited February 2010
    can you give the exact url to this patch log viewer you used? i cant find it on the mod the sims website.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi,

For those experiencing technical issues with game updates, please refer to the following links:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22061
    And:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/85801.page

If you have further questions about game updates please post back in this thread. For base game incompatibility error issues, please refer to the following:
    From SimGuruCollin:

Please make sure that your base game patches as well as World Adventures. To do this go to

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and look in the skuversion.txt

Be sure not to change any data in there but your sku version should read 1.9.xxxxxx etc. if it is not 1.9, you may have opened the launcher before the base game patch was triggered. If this is the case, open task manager and make sure there isn't a patch running in the background. If there is, click on it and click "End Task". The next time you open your launcher you should be prompted to patch your game to 1.9 which will make it compatible with the 2.4 World Adventures update.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    blbwolf17 not sure why it is not coming up on the search engine on mod the sims i just got it from their last night. The name of it is Patch Log Viewer. I tried it after reading about it in another forum message i will try googling it to see if that helps me find it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    blbwolf17 or anyone needing the patch log viewer go here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186 and look for Patch Log Viewer .Net 2.0 or .Net 3.5.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My version is 2.4.7004001

It tells me my game is incompatible and I need to update. When it tries to update, it says invalid file found. Does anyone know what's wrong with my game?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Becarree use the Patch Log viewer and it will tell you what file is missing( needs to be replaced) or what file is causing the problem ....
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited February 2010
    cewtsoul wrote:
    Becarree use the Patch Log viewer and it will tell you what file is missing( needs to be replaced) or what file is causing the problem ....

That is certainly a good idea. Also, it is important to make sure that Base Game was updated in conjunction with 2.4.

To find out what version Base Game is currently running navigate here:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and look in the skuversion.txt

"GameVersion" should start with 1.9
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cewtsoul wrote:

Thanks. I tried it. It says they couldn't find the last patch log. What does that mean?
  • Options
    miiicheelleemiiicheellee Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    Beccare, i'm having the same issue. Do you have WA?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cewtsoul wrote:

That is certainly a good idea. Also, it is important to make sure that Base Game was updated in conjunction with 2.4.

Mine is : GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001

That's not good, huh? :(
  • Options
    SimGuruCollinSimGuruCollin Posts: 173
    edited February 2010
    That means your basegame did not patch up to 1.9 properly, as noted by the error. At this point an uninstall-reinstall could fix and repair whatever is missing, assuming the Patch Log viewer is not telling you which files are missing.
  • Options
    miiicheelleemiiicheellee Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    Beccaree wrote:
    cewtsoul wrote:

Mine said 1.8 also, so we're having the same problem.
    Go to this forum:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/167785.page

scroll down until you find my name and someone was helping me. you should try changing the folder name like I was told. It didnt help me, but it might help you
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beccare, i'm having the same issue. Do you have WA?

I have world adventures. I don't have the stuff pack yet.
  • Options
    LADYCRIMLADYCRIM Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I get "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details."

... not that I can find the log ...

(I have WA but no mods. I tried downloading the patch log viewer but am having trouble with it.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That means your basegame did not patch up to 1.9 properly, as noted by the error. At this point an uninstall-reinstall could fix and repair whatever is missing, assuming the Patch Log viewer is not telling you which files are missing.

Is there any way to save my files so I won't have to start new families?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beccaree wrote:
    cewtsoul wrote:

Mine said 1.8 also, so we're having the same problem.
    Go to this forum:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/167785.page

scroll down until you find my name and someone was helping me. you should try changing the folder name like I was told. It didnt help me, but it might help you

Thanks. I'm going to look at that thread now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The game is not going to patch to the newest version until you replace the file or files that are causing the problem...that is what i had to do. And i used the Patch log viewer to see what files were causing the problem....for me it kept saying certain files were missing everytime i tried to patch.....Then after the patch failed i looked at the patch log viewer to see what file was missing or causing the problem. The files that are causing the problem will be in red.