Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challengacy - A new kind of Legacy

Well I know that after a while of playing the sims3, game play can become a little boring and repetitive, so I have come up with a new legacy challenge. It can be used for your own leisure while playing or incorporated into a Legacy, it’s up to you.

First a little explanation, this new type of legacy is called a ‘Challengacy’. Each generation is given a handicap or hindrance... which will be an extra challenge for them to complete. Hopefully making game play a little more exciting and Legacy writing more entertaining.
These are the challenges that I have come up with so far, bear in mind I made these up and you are free to add your own challenges, or if you prefer you could stick with these ones. It’s up to you : D

Generation One: Lifetime of Happiness- Both the heir and their spouse must complete their lifetime wants and reach the top of their chosen career paths (I know this one is pretty easy if one or both have their lifetime want as the top of a career path. Those looking for more of a challenge should try and pick something else as a LTW)

Generation Two: Help me! - This generation is not allowed to hire any form of hired help. This means no nannies, no maids...not even the police or fire department.

Generation Three: Lets Renovate- For this challenge the family needs to add value to their house by decorating, landscaping and ultimately doing the place up. The value of the property needs to reach §75,000.

Generation Four: Living the single life- This challenge requires the heir to be female. She must not marry nor have a partner move in with her. She must master 2 skills of your choice.

Generation Five: Building an empire- The household funds need to reach a minimum of §150,000 (Trust me you’ll need it for the next generation)

Generation Six: WOOHOO- This generation 10 births must occur, bear in mind that the birth of triplets or twins only counts as one birth.

Generation Seven: Vacation Time Baby-The entire Family must visit all holiday destinations and undergo one adventure at each destination. (France, Egypt and China)

Generation Eight: Adoption is the key- In this generation a minimum of 3 children must be adopted. They can be of any age and gender. All of these children need to master one skill.

Generation Nine: A fresh start- The family must relocate to a new house. The largest lot available must be purchased and the family can either choose to build or place a house on the lot. No belongings are allowed to be taken to the new location; this means no using the family inventory.

Generation Ten: Till death do us part- The heirs spouse must die a premature death. This means they must die before they are an adult. You can choose the type of death.

Well those are the only challenges i have so far, but i am likely to add more in the future, and it would be great if people added some of their challenge ideas here too:D

Comments

• Options
    ecofriend2ecofriend2 Posts: 467 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Yeah...I am the first to comment!!!!
    Anyways great idea!!!
    If i have time i will try this one!! One question in gen. 4 w/ the female sim if she doesn't have children how will the legacy con. ?????
    Oh and go to my storys to check out my new type of legacy its called the 3 for 1 legacy!!!!
  • Options
    Eliya14Eliya14 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited January 2010
    seems hard...................................................................................... I think i might do a cookacy, where the family trait is natural cook and everyone's employed in the cooking career (except the spouse) and tries to master the cooking skill. You can even use ambrosia :mrgreen:
  • Options
    403880403880 Posts: 30
    edited January 2010
    ecofriend2 wrote:
    Yeah...I am the first to comment!!!!
    Anyways great idea!!!
    If i have time i will try this one!! One question in gen. 4 w/ the female sim if she doesn't have children how will the legacy con. ?????
    Oh and go to my storys to check out my new type of legacy its called the 3 for 1 legacy!!!!
    You make her get close an toher man and invite him to try for babie, just don't let him move in.

I think I want to do one... if I have the time.
  • Options
    GjadeGjade Posts: 579 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I have a question, When will the next episode of "The Bloke and His Ladies" Be out, because you left us hanging on a string! And it was between my character and someone else!
    PS I will be making a challengacy! The chapter will probably me out tonight or tommorow
  • Options
    vamp200080vamp200080 Posts: 182
    edited January 2010
    Hey everyone thanks for the feedback.
    In answer to your question ecofriend2 the female heir can still have babies with a man...or many men ;D. She just cannot marry, nor have him move in with her, she has to be a single mother. Hope that helps :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gjade i have discontinued "The bloke and his ladies' as i no longer have the time to commit to the series. I would have loved to continue the show, but i just don't have the time, and i know that it is unfair making everyone wait so long for new episodes.

Although i have discontinued the show i will be releasing a short summary of what was going to happen on future episodes.
  • Options
    FloweringQuinnFloweringQuinn Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    I just wanted to say that I think the whole "new legacy idea" is great :D
    I can't wait to try it out 8)
    ...I'm kinda scared about the whole "ten births" generation, though :shock: LOL
  • Options
    khroxkhrox Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2010
    This sounds ridiculously difficult and awesome :P I think I might try it out....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys :D

I know it sounds a little difficult, but that was kind of the point. The sims3 was starting to become a bit too repetitive and easy for me so i wanted to give myself a challenge. And that was when i invented the Challengacy.lol

• Options
    ecofriend2ecofriend2 Posts: 467 New Member
    edited January 2010
    THanks for the answer 403880!!!

Oh and can you adopt the children?????
    Lastly i also made up a challenge so please check it out here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/155779.page#1849109
  • Options
    feartheskyxxofeartheskyxxo Posts: 215 New Member
    edited January 2010
    wow, those are all great ideas, It would certainly be a challenge
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yip you can adopt the children ecofriend2 if you would like. Although it is mandatory to adopt 3 children in Generation 8 and also for Generation 6 10 births must occur...so you may not want to adopt in that gen.lol
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I am TOTALLY doing this! :D This sounds awesome! Just two questions... are the challenges mandatory, or can you skip out on one or two of them? Mainly for me I really don't like it when my sims have to adopt kids, especially in a legacy, because then you have less space available for having actual babies that add points to your legacy score. Also, do the challenges begin as soon as the next generation is born (as in with the birth of the first next gen. baby,) or do they begin when they're young adults? Otherwise, I absolutely love it! ^__^ I knew there was something missing from the legacy challenge, and it was definitely this. Thanks so much for coming up with it! =D Can I contribute a few of my own challenges...? ;D

Homegrown Challenge: For one generation, (probably one farther along because by then you'll have lots of money to live off of,) your household has to drop all jobs and instead resort to fishing, gardening, and collecting to make a profit. They must grow a home garden, and will essentially live off of it. They also cannot travel, and every sim other than babies and toddlers in the household has to contribute in some way. You can visit community lots, but not to buy fruits or vegetables. Everything else is fair game, however.

Community Lot Takeover Challenge: For another generation, your sim's household pretty much has to play monopoly with Sunset Valley/Riverview and invest in as many community lots as possible and then buy them. Once they own a business, they must then throw one party at a community lot or at their home lot. Once you've bought out all of the available businesses and thrown these little launch parties, you can then build your own community lots and take them over as well.

Mummy Servant Challenge: For yet another generation, (this should really follow the Homegrown Challenge,) one of your sims has to visit Egypt and somehow bring a playable mummy home with them (there is a way to do this without making the sim a mummy ;D). Once they've done this, the mummy has to max out both the Cooking, Handiness, and Gardening skills so they can make meals for the family, fix broken items, and tend to the garden the family built up in the Homegrown Challenge. Once this is finished, you can enjoy the luxuries that come with having a mummy do all of your legacy's dirty work. xD If you want, you can also continually resurrect the mummy should they die to ensure that your legacy always has a free mummy butler around to help out!

These are what I have so far. >__< Not the best ideas, but I think they're okay? Let me know what you think of them, and thanks again for coming up with this! I can't wait to try it out! :D

• Options
    edited January 2010
    WOW Wolfie, i love the challenges you've added, especially the homegrown challenge!!

In answer to your question...no all the challenges arn't mandatory, it is your game after all so you can play it how you like. The point of the Challengacy is to merely add more excitement and challenge to gameplay. So if you really dislike a challenge then you don't have to do it... after all it's about having fun. Although i would suggest adding another challenge to replace the one you you don't like.

Also the challenges can begin when you want them too. For example the 'VACATION TIME BABY' challenge can start when that generation are children, whereas the 'WOOHOO' challenge has to wait until the generation heir is a young adult.

HINT: For a more challenging experience. You could always start the challenges when the generation heir is a young adult.

I should point out that the challenge for that generation ends when you have either completed it, or the next generation is born.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I should also probably point out that the regular legacy rules apply, such as no money cheats etc.

So no more "Motherlode" or "Kaching".lol
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks! :D This is an awesome idea. I'm definitely going to try it for my next legacy, I'll post updates on it here and also at my friend's legacy thread, which is linked to in my blog.

I myself have never finished a legacy, but I have one more question about that... if you do somehow finish all ten generations (xD) do you continue with more challenges? :lol: Eh, I'm getting ahead of myself. :lol: I have trouble sticking with my ideas as it is, I'm hoping I'll get this far with it. :lol: XD

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes definitly continue if you want to!!lol. Hopefully as time goes by more challenges will be posted on the thread by myself and other people which can be used if people want to continue past generation 10.
  • Options
    dragonfriend1dragonfriend1 Posts: 91
    edited January 2010
    I love this idea! i'm gonna get on it right away.
    I'll post it as a story if I can manage to upload stuff.
  • Options
    Lillik003Lillik003 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I love the idea, but I've never played a legacy because of lack of time and other distractions (: I have a new challenge idea though:

Job Variation Challenge
    Your heir must work at least one day in all jobs there are available, that means all career tracks and part-time jobs must be tried.

You could add some variation to it as well, as:

a)the challenge starts as a teenager

b)the sims must reach level 2 (or even 3!) in each career track. This would certainly add some difficulty to the challenge.

c)combine the two above...

Anyway, this sounds so cool.

• Options
    rachiebaberachiebabe Posts: 446 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Wow! I am going to have to try this out when I get the time.

Wolfie, your ideas are really good. I'm definatley going to have to try the Homegrown one.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lillik003 that sounds like a really good challenge :D
  • Options
    GjadeGjade Posts: 579 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Can you please check out my story called "The FIRST Sims 3 Challengacy" yay I love the Idea! I cannot believe that I wrote all the rules down!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just read your Legacy Gjade, and it's great. Good work and thankyou for giving me credit :D
  • Options
    403880403880 Posts: 30
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering if I could do the same thing but change it so that you do with ttenagers?
  • Options
    SarahSim11SarahSim11 Posts: 523 New Member
    edited January 2010
    ecofriend2 wrote:
    THanks for the answer 403880!!!

Oh and can you adopt the children?????
    Lastly i also made up a challenge so please check it out here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/155779.page#1849109

I dont know i f anyone has answered this yet but you cant really because to reach generation ten the heirs must have not been adopted.