Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated May 1, '24)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,654 Member
    @DaniRose2143, thank you
    Carmilla is an interesting character. She doesn't fit in and, rather than trying to fit in, she's wholeheartedly and defiantly embraced being the class odd girl.

Gwen... well, I just love poor Gwen. She so lost right now.

Luckily for both of them, they've found or made this little circle of outcasts where they are both accepted, even if not entirely understood.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,460 Member
    It's always nice having all 4 together
    Wonder what Ellie could’ve said.
    Thank you Carmilla, they all really skipped over that part 😂
    Ah Cas, she didn’t mean it like that 😞 …Will she look into the book👀
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you
    I thought about writing that up, but decided some things are better (and more effectively) left to the imagination. :)

Yeah, Carmilla immediately picked up on the part that really interested her. ;) I think Cas had better figure out her feelings and speak up soon...

Like they say... tune in next week. :)
  • Options
    edited April 11
    I'm working on those character pages (plural now because one page was just unwieldy) I've talked about, going back through old pictures on Imgur (because all of the pictures for Year of the Wolf and Unguarded Heart were lost to hardware failure)...

I'm noticing that I have a lot of pictures of people from behind, or in profile and surprisingly few pictures head on. It makes getting head shots for character descriptions challenging.

I've also noticed the way Miranda has grown up over the course of the stories looks fantastic, if I do say so myself!

tZLitHD.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,901 Member
    @luciusstorm Miranda’s look has evolved so perfectly as she’s grown up. It fits her.❤️
  • Options
    edited April 14
    The character pages are done (or at least published) and I have added a link to the index page on the blog (over in the right column where I also have the "books" pages linked).

The character descriptions are brief, and I have attempted to avoid including too many major spoilers for the sake of new readers (I could get new readers. It could happen.)

I would appreciate any feedback folks might have concerning these pages, especially anyone you feel I might have missed.

Edit: My current thinking is to put up any new characters after the "book" they appear in is complete, so the Raven's Apprentice characters aren't there yet.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,964 Member
    I liked the character pages a lot. Now I see my "stupid question" once really was not stupid after all, indeed :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I enjoyed the character pages. I also learned it's ok to write a character bio that isn't as long as the story.😊
  • Options
    Thank you both

@Ellupelluellu, I told you, not a stupid question at all. A very good question and one which I hope to answer soon-ish.

@DaniRose2143, it was so hard keeping the bios short, especially Mariah's. She's become such a pivotal character. I wanted to lay out her whole story, but I also wanted to avoid spoilers... which almost mean hardly mentioning her at all. Her current writeup is my compromise... short bio, but the three-part picture I used for the Wyrd Girls.
  • Options
    Chapter 15

aWlFNTu.png

The Book
  • Options
    That picture is amazing :):love:
    That was interesting, she has lot to learn. Must be scary too.

From practical point of view, thank you for being there, Edwards :)

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu, thank you.

Frankly, that picture took a lot of work, find some good CC and using a few build cheats, but it felt really important to the story. I think it was worth it.
    Edwards is her solid ground right now. She needs that.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Wonderful chapter as usual😃
    The raven delivered a message to Cassie through Gwen. That message and the reaction it caused were intended to lead Cassie to the real message. That message had been in The Book of Shadows all along. It hit me the instant Cas mentioned the book. Everything that happened after only made me more sure. The real message Victoria wanted Cassie to receive was a calling to her destiny as a witch.

I don't think Edwards was just resting there. I think he knew what was coming and he was ready.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thank you
    Inevitable Moments :)

Edwards is very good at his job.
  • Options
    Wow that shots great!
    Great way of leading to the moment of finally looking into the book, and what better spell to start off with 😁
    Edwards awesome 😁
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you
    Again, I say thank you. It's a pretty pivotal moment for Cassie and I felt like it deserved a good chapter. Victoria seems to have had an interesting idea concerning her approach to leaving magical instructions for Cassie. I get the feeling she and Gwen would have gotten along. :)

Edwards' definitely awesome. B)
  • Options
    You know, I'm really starting to wonder... where is Edwards in the "present day" Wryd'verse? :o

UJFGLq5.png

The problem with introducing an awesome character, who is clearly pretty central to Cas's teen years, in flashback story is that he wasn't in the first three stories.

I'm going to have to ponder what he's been up to. (Killing him off is a copout and I'm not going to do that.) The challenges of serialized storytelling... I love 'em! :D
  • Options
    I've been wanting to ask about Edwards in present time but the possibility of the answer stops me😭 Indeed the problems of introducing a character in flashbacks
  • Options
    @luciusstorm @BlueSeaWaves One of the surest things in writing is the character you least expect will suddenly become a fan favorite.😆
  • Options
    edited April 18
    *cough* Mariah *cough*
    *cough* Aadi *cough*
  • Options
    Chapter 16
    9ccXxdI.png

"My magic had awoken."
  • Options
    Now this is getting interesting!
    Please, don't get me wrong, it was very interesting before already, but this was a twist I saw no way of coming :)

I'm always lil biased when it comes to Bella, so taking her side in this a bit :p

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu, yeah, I think we're starting to get into the "interesting" part of the story
    The basic outline of Wyrd Tales... young adult drama with vampires (or sometimes werewolves) :)

It could be that Bella is a little overprotective... and it could be that she knows what's out there that Cas needs to be protected from.

Since you're a Bella fan, I'm really looking forward to your comments on the next couple of chapters, which are more Bella-centered. :)
  • Options
    Ch. 16 -
    I like that shot of Cas staring at her mother's portrait. Glad they made up. They were very lucky Vlad never found out about Gwen.
    She did keep close to me whenever he was in the same room as I was
    Hmm probably more than just overprotectiveness.
    Great update, wasn't expecting Vlad's appearance
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you
    I love that shot.

Luck or fate? Or...?

How much does Bella know or guess? We'll see...