Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rene Speculation: Art Style, Graphics, and Lighting

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I will be honest, I prefer The sims 3 graphics, at least for the world aspect! Not the lighting, because the lighting can be really bad in it without mods. But the graphics of the worlds, especially during different seasons, can be soooo beautiful! The Sims themselves, I wouldn't mind a mix or an in-between of sims 3/4 style. I do not enjoy the outright cartoon style of TS4 as much as I do the styles of TS2/3.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,340 Member
    TS4 has beautiful scenery and has aged well with its cartoony look. I think TS5 should follow the same path IMO.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 57 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    TS4 has beautiful scenery and has aged well with its cartoony look. I think TS5 should follow the same path IMO.

IT has aged, wether it has aged well is subjective. I for example think that the flat, cartoony look has looked bad for the entire 10 years this game has existed. And that's impressive considering how low resolution sims 3 textures could be.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,118 Member
    I want ultra realistic art design and graphics, with beautiful indoor outdoor lighting and enviorments. I want sims 5 to be the most realistic sim game that exists in the sims. Maybe you could have the option to make a sim look more like a cartoon with in-game skins.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 57 Member
    Unfortunately i don't expect them to go that route. If they make the game to demanding it alienates a large group of players. They will be able to take advantage of engine advances that have been made in the past decade, but they *probably* won't go super high fidelity as the likelihood of a sims player having the space for >50gb of game *before* any CC that we like so much is added, does not seem to be very high.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,118 Member
    Too bad. I'd get that 50gb! :p
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited April 22
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    rjssim wrote: »

IT has aged, wether it has aged well is subjective. I for example think that the flat, cartoony look has looked bad for the entire 10 years this game has existed. And that's impressive considering how low resolution sims 3 textures could be.

Each to our own. I find the art direction quite charming, vibrant, colorful, and fun in TS4. If TS4 used a more realistic graphical approach, I feel the graphics would just get more boring and boring as the game aged, dull, bland, and washed out. TS4 cartoony graphics is just awesome, and I totally hope they go for a similar style for TS5.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    The way the Sims look in TS4 is why I play the game. I also hope they go with a similar style for TS5.

This is one reason why I enjoy the Sims so much. I really like the way my families look.
    Miller-Family.png
    Enjoying farm life with the Miller Family which consist of Ethan and his wife, Mia, their son, Levi, and their nanny bot.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue