Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things from older Sim Generation you DO NOT miss

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    It's a longtime ago and I rarely remember everything, I miss a lot of things from sims 2 especially the tons of music instruments from toddler range to adult or the tons of freetime and group activities, but what I definitely never want to see again is the dating system. I had never a successful date then, that was kind of depressing when the dates never wanted to see my sims again.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    I don't miss (part) of the way you were initiated into the secret societies and frat/sorority houses. The general idea is fun, but implementation was off.

The secret society members just showed up, or didn't, on community lots and you had to get your friendship up to a certain level with three of them. But they wouldn't show for long stretches, they'd show and leave too quickly to make any progress, or you'd keep encountering different ones instead of ones you'd made progress with. If your relationship was low, which it inevitably was, you couldn't successfully talk to them on the phone or invite them over to try to build your relationship.

With the fraternities/sororities you had to throw a toga party and get your relationship with the members up to a certain level. It was impossible because they would come in waving and shouting... and then make a beeline right for a dorm room never to be seen again. You could knock on the door and try to coax them out and if you were very lucky it would work. It was hard to get all of them to interact with you enough if at all.

I ended up getting a buyable voodoo doll and a hack that stops it from backfiring. When a secret society member showed up on a community lot, I could spam them with friendship voodoo. With the toga parties, I would pause as soon as they arrived, hit them all with a couple friendship voodoos, then unpause. Then I'd alternate between them as my queue was free with more friendship voodoos until their relationship was high enough.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01