Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have the cart button ingame? ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿ’ข

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 28
    Stuck with it, and I have every EP except For Rent, every game pack, all stuff packs except the two latest ones, but only two or three kits (everyday clutter, Simtimates, and Desert Luxe that was a giveaway).

The placement clutters the UI. Every time I go to the gallery or Manage Households, I often end up clicking the cart icon instead.

Besides, the home screen has basically the same function, so why cramp the UI?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    edited March 28
    I just opened the game to check and I got the button as well. :(

This makes me very sad. I feel used and disrespected. I feel as if the enjoyment of the game has become less important than the profit this game can make.

I had the version with the yellow dot. This is very distracting and breaks the immersion of the game. I clicked it once in the hope that the yellow dot will vanish for good. It showed for rent. I was very interested in this pack at first but I decided not to buy it at release due to the bugs at launch. If and when I buy packs, I inform myself on the forum and through gamechangers to find out what the content is. I will wait for at least a 50% sale for this particular pack. If it never goes on a 50% sale, then I will never get this pack. so be it. Buying DLC is a well thought through deliberate decision that impacts my real life money, not an impuls buy. A cart in the game will not change that.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 28
    Interesting! I haven't patched my game since the Caste-Kit Patch, and I just had to install the EA App Update. But I still don't have the shopping cart button.

The moment I'll see it I will mod it out. The last thing I need is another glowing dot in the corner of my eye telling me to buy a pack that I chose not to buy because I don't want the content in my game.

Remove the button or put it at least on the Home Screen, where all the other advertising for the game already is!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,889 Member
    Where do people see this cart icon? In Live-mode? Main menu...?

I've not seen it, probably because I have Tmex Better Build/Buy.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Where do people see this cart icon? In Live-mode? Main menu...?

I've not seen it, probably because I have Tmex Better Build/Buy.

Yes. Tmex removed it if you use "Better Build/Buy". It's an excellent mod, but conflicts with some of mine. Otherwise I would use it.
    As a stand-alone, here's a tiny mod by SimMattically that removes the "Cart", I recommend:

HOT FIX: Remove the Purchase/Cart Button
    1.png?token-time=1713052800&token-hash=m9l2IPVtMODGqlIZWFmdcNSRojTVMTCuytAgylaSm1E%3D

This is a standalone mod. It's not compatible with BetterBuildBuy by TwistedMexi (and other mods that modify the gametray gfx)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,977 Member
    I had to do game repair and I have the button now too :fearful: and yes I still dislike how misclickable it is keep having to dodge around it

fortunately it has not been dance machine in my game yet though so I have not started putting pikachu stickers on my screen
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    ...Yes. Tmex removed it if you use "Better Build/Buy". It's an excellent mod, but conflicts with some of mine. Otherwise I would use it.
    As a stand-alone, here's a tiny mod by SimMattically that removes the "Cart", I recommend:
    This is a standalone mod. It's not compatible with BetterBuildBuy by TwistedMexi (and other mods that modify the gametray gfx)
    @Admiral8Q I saw the cart icon for the first time yesterday. EA must be planning to release a new kit or pack soon and is cranking up advertising. In my case, the icon wasn't blinking or glowing, so not too bad. ... Still. I immediately installed SimMattically's standalone mod to get rid of it. (I had used BBB before, but it also conflicted with something else in my game and wasn't running smoothly.)

I don't mind ads or news placed in the Main Menu screens of games, but not in-game!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    lanlyn wrote: ยป
    ...Yes. Tmex removed it if you use "Better Build/Buy". It's an excellent mod, but conflicts with some of mine. Otherwise I would use it.
    @Admiral8Q I saw the cart icon for the first time yesterday. EA must be planning to release a new kit or pack soon and is cranking up advertising. In my case, the icon wasn't blinking or glowing, so not too bad. ... Still. I immediately installed SimMattically's standalone mod to get rid of it. (I had used BBB before, but it also conflicted with something else in my game and wasn't running smoothly.)

I don't mind ads or news placed in the Main Menu screens of games, but not in-game!

I agree with you. As I said before in this exact topic, I enjoy looking at packs and kits and whatever news in the Main Menu screen before actually playing the game.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    I just purchased the Crystal pack and I have the button, but it just sits there, so I let it be. I currently am content with the content I have and am interested in what else is to come. No need to look backward.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have added the SimMattically mod to my layers of defenses. Not only do I have the protection but a lovely river picture in place of the EA home screen. Have also replaced the standard CAS background with one like TS2. Forget who made the mod. Things are much more pleasant when starting the game now.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 93 Member
    It's such a lame idea....seriously, do those kinds of ingame buttons actually increase sales?
    Such a mobile game thing to do, why the f would you do it for a pc/console game?

weird...just weird.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,582 Member
    It's such a lame idea....seriously, do those kinds of ingame buttons actually increase sales?
    Such a mobile game thing to do, why the f would you do it for a pc/console game?

weird...just weird.

I'm afraid they do. Otherwise they probably wouldn't choose to keep the button.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I updated a little while back and I now have the button. It doesn't flash though, so at the moment, we can co exist in harmony. Otherwise it's being modded out.
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 10 New Member
    The button didn't show up in my game initially, but a week or so ago I noticed it was there. Even though mine didn't flash, I still found it intrusive. :'( I downloaded SimMattically's mod to remove it.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I voted for the first option. There are only two packs I don't own, and that's because they're about kids (not interested). So I'm down to kits, basically
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,134 Member
    edited April 27
    So I just got home from work and went straight to my computer to load my sims 3 game via EA app. Instead of loading the game, the app started updating my sims 4 game. I quickly canceled before the update was finished.

My hypothesis: The EA app is ready to update if your off or online. The game is aggressively trying to update when you log onto the EA app especially if you are loading your game from your desktop. You still have to log in and that's when you should be mindful about the update. It's aggressive. Heads up. :*

Edit: I have automatic updates turned off when this happened. ๐Ÿ‘€ :s my sims 4 game is still protected from updates...but the minute I go to play..BOmb! update...no one is safe.