Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated Apr 24, '24)

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,854 Member
    @luciusstorm Yay! New chapter😃
    Bella's behavior is crazy suspicious.🤔 I feel like the last picture was carefully chosen. The game gave you a gift with the troubled look on her face. She doesn't fully believe in 'the mission' somehow?

I'm a bit distract this morning so not my best feedback.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Hmm...
    I know I only see things because I try to see, but I did go back and...
    The dude.. in front of the museum... follows Gwen... hmmm...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @DaniRose2143, thank you
    There does seem to be more going on with Bella than her teenage daughter is noticing. :) (I love it when the game gives me little gifts like that).

All feedback is appreciated.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, hmm indeed...
    Might want to keep an eye out... maybe he'll turn up again, in future chapters. If he does, what might he be up to? B)

Yeah, I'm also terrible at poker. Can't keep things hidden...
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I'm thinking of putting a Characters page on the blog, with images and brief descriptions of each character to help people keep track of who is who. (Like I did at the start of College Years but for all the stories.)

I'm wondering how best to organize it. Should I do it by "book" to try to avoid too many spoilers? Or should just I group characters by common type or theme (all the vampires, all the werewolves, all the gangsters, the college crowd)?

Thoughts?

I was thinking about the doing the same. I actually don't know where to start, but now that you ask, I would draw the ties of circles and how they know each other, like a family tree but now family, introducing the main characters and how they are related to one another, and the stories can branch off that.
    If that's too hard, I was thinking of going in chronically order of how I played and how my save developed. That I think is too hard, and may lose people because its so long. I would love to see the blog once you set it up. Please keep me posted. I started a tumblr -it's totally just random at the moment-- I am just to trying to figure it out. I would love to see from you and others how to go about it. @luciusstorm
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I'm thinking of putting a Characters page on the blog, with images and brief descriptions of each character to help people keep track of who is who. (Like I did at the start of College Years but for all the stories.)

I'm wondering how best to organize it. Should I do it by "book" to try to avoid too many spoilers? Or should just I group characters by common type or theme (all the vampires, all the werewolves, all the gangsters, the college crowd)?

Thoughts?

I was thinking about the doing the same. I actually don't know where to start, but now that you ask, I would draw the ties of circles and how they know each other, like a family tree but now family, introducing the main characters and how they are related to one another, and the stories can branch off that.
    If that's too hard, I was thinking of going in chronically order of how I played and how my save developed. That I think is too hard, and may lose people because its so long. I would love to see the blog once you set it up. Please keep me posted. I started a tumblr -it's totally just random at the moment-- I am just to trying to figure it out. I would love to see from you and others how to go about it. @luciusstorm

I'm still pondering this one. I started making a list of all the recurring characters I considered significant. There were 63 of them. 63!

I tried breaking them out into various lists. Regional didn't work, because too many of my characters move. By "book?" To many recurring characters, I'd end up with multiple entries for the same characters. I think I'm landing more or less on your idea, grouping them by common relationships/traits... Family, College Friends, Gangsters, Vampires, Spies. Still a some of overlap but not as much.

Now I need to narrow the list down a little. I mean, 63? Really?
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX

Thoughts?

I'm still pondering this one. I started making a list of all the recurring characters I considered significant. There were 63 of them. 63!

I tried breaking them out into various lists. Regional didn't work, because too many of my characters move. By "book?" To many recurring characters, I'd end up with multiple entries for the same characters. I think I'm landing more or less on your idea, grouping them by common relationships/traits... Family, College Friends, Gangsters, Vampires, Spies. Still a some of overlap but not as much.

Wow! 63! I don't think I have that many combined from my stories.😃 Like @Ellupelluellu you do a great job juggling that many characters.😎
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    @LeucosiaX

Thoughts?

Wow @luciusstorm 63 main characters🤯 While that sounds like a lot, it probably like my save where I have over 1000 sims the sim count tells me. Hard to believe when I read that.
    63 main characters a lot and will take time to organize in digestive bites for your reader. Possibly work it out along as you go, like you play. Makes me think you should consider introducing a little at a time, like who you watch tv, the series are digestible even if you missed the intro, but make a link to the overall background like the credits at the beginning and end. This way you can bounce back and fourth between stories as you play and post.
    I'd love to see how you go about this. Please keep me posted and share the link to your blog.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    Can't wait to see what's coming
    Bella was being weird. 

...Don’t you mean Wyrd …I’ll see my way out 😅

Bella’s on assignment keeping a very close eye👀
    Is Ms. Brown not aware of Gwen’s abilities? I thought she was. But I guess for her safety, fewer she knows the better.Bella does make it sound like that when she says she resources😭
    It is nice to see how comfortable the two are together🙂
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves. :)
    Yeah... but teen Cas doesn't about know the Wyrd and Wild yet and Cassie... well, Cassie knows how to tell a good story. :)

Like the lady said - observe and profile, standard procedure for handling unknown psychokinetic actives.

Oops, I guess I didn't make it clear but, no, the Browns are unaware of Gwen's abilities. In the Wyrd'verse, most people are comfortably oblivious to the supernatural beings they share the world with. Even Carmilla, the hard-core vampire fan, doesn't know vampires are real (she probably doesn't really, completely believe in them... not that she would ever admit that).

Gwen and Cas are good friends. :) (Cas, if you're wondering why your feet are wet, it's because you are deep in d'Nile.)
  • Options
    In the Wyrd'verse, most people are comfortably oblivious to the supernatural beings they share the world with. Even Carmilla, the hard-core vampire fan, doesn't know vampires are real (she probably doesn't really, completely believe in them... not that she would ever admit that).
    Ah right, thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    Chapter 13
    Z6IQOsk.png

"Of course, now that I was once again convinced Bella was up to something sinister, I had to tell Gwen."
  • Options
    @luciusstorm , awesome :)
    I am glad Edwards was there.

I don't know how to say this correctly, but now I am annoyed by Cassie a bit :smiley: I understand her, but I am annoyed with her :p

But I admit I am biased, I love the daughter but adore the mother!

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu, thank you
    I'm glad Edwards was there too. He is amazing (and once again, someone I intended to be a background character steals the show :) ).

I'm oddly pleased to hear you say that. Teen Cassie is a bit annoying. She should be. She's a teen. :D

If you love Bella, you're either going to love or hate what I've got coming up next month with the Second Interlude, seeing more about what Bella is up to from her point of view and exploring some of my Bella's backstory. The really hard part about putting myself on a schedule and having a big backlog of things written but not published yet is we can't talk about the stuff wrote yet. :)
  • Options
    hehe...
    The really hard part about putting myself on a schedule and having a big backlog of things written but not published yet is we can't talk about the stuff wrote yet.

I had that picture with Helena lighting the fire, from the time I was posting updates in second page of my storythread :D Long time to wait :p

• Options
    @luciusstorm
    We should all be lucky enough to have someone like Edwards in our lives. Someone to be the voice of reason when we need it most. And to smack us upside the head figuratively speaking when we really get going.😊
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Edwards is good friend and supporter for Cas.
  • Options
    Ch. 13
    you can get emotional at this time of year
    No kidding Edwards 😵 Doesn't help she thinks Bella up to something. Him defending Bella’s and her mother honor 👍 He had lots of patience especially towards the end
    Reading his lines in Alfred Pennyworths voice, it all felt soothing
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Oh yeah.

I think Edwards is as much a father-figure to Cas (and to Alexander) as Mortimer is, just in a very different way.

This is the guy who cooks their meals, cleans their clothes, picks them up from school and basically runs the household, all from a position where (as Cas mentioned) he isn't seen actively doing any of it. Like I alluded to in my response to @Ellupelluellu, I never saw his importance until I started writing and saw the role he played, and could play, in the story.

I imagine Edwards as have a Cajun or almost Caribbean accent... calm, relaxed and with that almost musical cadence. Still very soothing, especially in the face of Cas's raging adolescent emotions.

I don't think what Mortimer is doing with his annual seances is a healthy thing for himself or Cas. In Bad Moon Rising, an older Cassie comments about how she has learned the dangers of living in the past. This is teen Cas, who hasn't learned that yet, living mired in those dangers.
  • Options
    I wanted to share my current plan/schedule of upcoming chapters. These are all written (though subject to minor changes) and ready to go... which is good because I haven't written or played much of anything this whole week.

Chapter 14 (coming Wednesday 4/10)
    Chapter 15 (coming Wednesday 4/17)
    Chapter 16 (coming Wednesday 4/24)
    Second Interlude, Part 1 (coming Wednesday 5/1)
    Second Interlude, Part 2 (coming Wednesday 5/8)
  • Options
    A total aside but I have just discovered Taylor Swift (What? I'm well into middle age and I there are no good radio stations around here. This is all new to me.) :) Anyway, I've been watching the Eras concert on a certain rodent-themed streaming service that shall remain nameless and I find I'm getting inspired for Cassie's musical career.

Not sure what will come of that, but we might be in for more flashback stories.
  • Options
    Chapter 14
    ZG5VRal.png

"Edwards was right of course."
  • Options
    Awesome..
    Tho ended too early again... happens always.

Oh Gwen , I really wished to have a duct tape over your mouth there :p I know you are different, but things natural to you, are most likely not so for other girls... well if not counted Carmilla, LOL.

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu, thank you
    Poor Gwen, she really doesn't quite understand where that line is. I think even present-day Gwen isn't entirely sure of that line... :D
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Wonderful update
    Gwen physically walks in one world but she thinks in another. The line about arguing with the laws of physics is like proof of concept. Carmilla is like a goth version of Gwen with less insight. They're oblivious to lines and boundaries but on opposite ends of the Yin/Yang spectrum.