Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you ok with that cart button? 🛒💢

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No I'm not okay. I want to play online without mods and without the cart button with a little blinking light. The cart button is useless and I'll never use it to buy anything.
  • Options
    AliasterOdeoAliasterOdeo Posts: 48 Member
    I have the latest update to the game, but have yet to see the shopping cart appear. Can't say I sad about it, but find it odd... Is it an EU thing (as in illegal advertisement here)?!

In any case, voted 'no', because I'm against it in principle. Also how come EA don't realize the 4 times more people would buy all their crap if they just halved the price? 8 times more would, if they lowered it 75%. Blind corporate greed is just so self-defeating...
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    So far I don't have the cart button. If I had it and it was flashing, I wouldn't be able to play my game.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited March 11
    To be honest, I likely wouldn't have noticed the cart (post pulsating and flashing) if it hadn't gotten pointed out in videos and tweets, but I am really not a fan of in game advertisements, whether I noticed them or not.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    @AliasterOdeo no it's not a EU thing, as I am in the EU and do have the button (or did until I modded it out). From what I gather it's a test, where different players get different features. Some, like you, get nothing. Others just get the button, while yet again others get variations of lights, texts, flashing and movement. I suspect EA wants to know which generate most traffic and most purchases.

Personally I got the annoying but fairly harmless light from the calendar, as well as even more intrusive text messages "We think you'll like this" and such, but no flashing and, thankfully, no movement.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I play offline and it is still visible but it doesn't have any flashing or pulsating lights. I don't even notice it most times, but I still say No, I don't want it, no one asked us if this was something we would appreciate in our games and I am tired of them rolling things like this out without getting any feedback from the community first. We should be asked first, not after the fact,
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Who likes to be annoyed by a shopping cart from the comfort of their game?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 14
    Am I ok with the cart button? No

I suffer from migraines and motion sickness with other games but Sims is not one of them. Still, I do not think the shopping cart is necessary. It adds zero value. If someone wants to buy a pack, it makes more sense to do it without the button. You have to exit the game anyway for a new pack.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No, I am not. Keep it on the home screen. I really don't need it cluttering up my in-game ui.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I'm giving it a few months. I'm already not touching sims 4 until that button is gone and if it's not gone in a few months I'm uninstalling and very certain I would not buy any future Sims games since I'd know it could only get worse from here.
  • Options
    JemcrystalJemcrystal Posts: 72 Member
    Not buying another thing of any EA game until it is removed. Not purchasing ANYTHING from EA ever again until it is completely removed and forgotten.

Looking at new games to play. Have already put a few on my Steam wishlist and already purchased and playing another game.

Will not come back for Renee / Sims 5.

I WILL NOT FUND TYRANNY

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Finally updated my game today, I had to restart the game a few times to configure some mods.

Every time I am starting the game I get the ad for horse ranch on the main screen and every time I load into the game the shopping cart wants to sell me something.

This is not business EA/Maxis, this is showing ads in your customers face until they get sick of it and this is not okay.

The positive feelings I had for this game are almost gone, you are no better than cheap mobile games that shows ads wanting you to buy virtual currency to even progress in the game.

You can do whatever you want now, I don't respect you until you start respecting your customers.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Every time I am starting the game I get the ad for horse ranch on the main screen and every time I load into the game the shopping cart wants to sell me something.

I've been online more lately than I usually am because I've been churning out more stuff to share on the gallery. That Horse Ranch ad is obnoxious. I own the pack already. I bought it in a bundle for my birthday. But every time I start the game it pops up and says "Hey remember me?" And it's not like it's just there in the window of the startup, it's a pop up you have to close.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I’m definitely not buying any more packs until there are some major bug fixes. (Fortunately, I can just keep modding out the shopping cart.) I agree, it’s about respect for the customer at this point. Every broken new pack and every month that goes by without major bug fixes is just more disrespect. So is asking for feedback and then ignoring our legitimate complaints. I won’t be distracted by cosmetic SDX drops, even if they’re supposedly aimed at people who look like me. I want bug fixes, not ads and promotions.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I loathe, abhor, hate, and despise that abominable button! Have similar feelings towards the sneaky automatic update that put it there. :(