Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shopping Icon Notification Light

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Not a sensory thing, I just don't like being spammed.
    I don't like being spammed but do feel added concern for those who have sensory problems with it. That does also includes people feeling emotionally uncomfortable with a shopping cart there.

I do think vulnerable people need protecting, and many vulnerable people use this game as an outlet. I'd like to see that promoted instead, be an inviting safe space.
    For people who maybe are not good with handling money, such a cart might be an unwelcome temptation. And I do feel it might prey on the vulnerable considering that we already pass advertisements for the other stuff TWICE before getting in game, we already see what all the discounts are.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I want to actually see this in action before I form an opinion, but I don't have the shopping icon and/or the notification light in my game.
    So I may or may not have the cart in my game but no clue since I immediately updated Better BuildBuy mod. I get migraines and motion sickness from games all the time. However, the placement of the light doesn't seem like it would be an issue for me. It's still very annoying that it's there and we can't toggle it off. I don't think this "shopping assistance" is necessary at all.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Chichi3chiChichi3chi Posts: 1 New Member
    Not a sensory thing, I just don't like being spammed.
    I understand that you will get spammed if you download things for free. People have to make a living, after all. But with Sims 4, I have a lot of DLC (nearly all of the big packs and some of the stuff and kit packs) which means that I paid a lot of money, for, among other things, the right to not be spammed.
    This has crossed a line for me. If they do not remove this button, I am not going to buy anything more Sims 4 stuf. Ever.