Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could change ONE thing about the Sims 4

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
edited February 26 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know there is nothing that grinds my gears more than when University students do their homework assignments they just drop the books on the floor and it is a real pain trying to locate where they drop them. Why didn't they just program them to always stuff them back into their Inventories? They carry everything else in there. Oh, but I have one University student that while she won't hold on to her assignments for class WILL shove dirty dishes into her inventory and carry them around for days until she starts reeking. way to go.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,439 Member
    Separate channels for different parts of furniture. For example for a counter choose the color of the top separately from the cupboard. For beds choose the sheets separately from the frame. Sims 2 was able to do this in a basegame back in 2004! I can do without a color wheel by this should be possible.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Close worlds
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Traits affecting sims way more than they do so that each sim actually feels different.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,637 Member
    There are a lot of things I would like to change or add like multifunctional lots, better cas filters, but I really feel the game, as it's meant to play, play and build your own world is for me the selling point which makes this game endlessly fun.
    The build buy catalog could be better like Twisted Mexi Better Build Buy, but fundamentally, the build aspect on the grid, meaning to be easier for gameplay, is not as fluid as interior designing needs. There needs to be a size slider as well as a color wheel slider. Also the ability to custom make furnishings and I feel the same exact can go for create a sim.
    It's not enough I can pick one style and it come in limited sizes or colors, which may or may not fit. It's not enough that every house have the same objects it. Endless amount of custom content can not do it, unless they make filters are lot better, and also sharing with custom content possible with in game.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Stop it from being released so there can be a worthy successor for The Sims -.-
    But Project Rene won't be any better either. I have no hope left we get the old spirit back.
    It's a shame what EA does to their once successful game series.
    216d24e1c4fd3dbe8b0552f1fb39492863abe54a.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    If I were to change one thing in TS4
    it would be to change how Randomized Townies and NPC work

I would add randomized townies OFF toggle so game doesn't endlessly spawn new randomized sims to the save

and I think it should be up to player to decide what sim shows up for what NPC role

this would solve so many problems I constantly battle with
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    I'd love to be able to place NPC manned objects like a bar or food stand on any lot and have an vendor automatically show up. I would also love to be able to assign sims to each of these objects and that should count as their job, even for played sims. I want my sims to be able to earn money as bartenders or baristas or food stand sellers. They could work on a schedule and we should be able to assign them uniforms.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 77 Member
    One thing- I would add a world creator tool.

Some of the suggestions from above I would also enjoy would be having NPCs show up when I place objects that need an NPC, ability to customize and limit random NPCs, take away grid requirements for building, open worlds.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    My #1 thing I'd change .... is the ability to actually edit EVERY SINGLE LOT in the world
    Delete Lots
    Build on those deleted lots
    Add additional Lots to build on
    Move/Delete objects that the devs placed if it doesn't fit out world or it's blocking something

No more having certain functional items tied to JUST THAT WORLD!

Climbing everywhere
    Speed-walking in all worlds
    High schools in all worlds
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,962 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: Β»
    One thing- I would add a world creator tool.

This B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    The desperation autonomy.

When a motive drops into the red, sims will autonomously try to fill that need, even when I have Free Will off. I don't want them to do that, it's disruptive. This is a gripe I have since basegame and even with mods I couldn't fully stomp this behaviour.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I probably have more than one thing that I would change so I'll answer this with a few important points.
    1. Sometimes they change the game for other players in ways that kind of break it for me and I need to just ignore those changes if I can. I am happy for those other players and sometimes I like the changes but at other times, they interfere with my gameplay. For example, there were players who wanted a lot more sad and angry moods so I will see sims going into a rage or being tense for reasons that I don't want. We used to have whims but now with wants and fears, it can feel like I am being pressured to play a certain way. Make that sim play pop music or else they will be mad all day. There are a lot more fears than I want to focus on. I can just switch that feature off but I liked having suggestive whims. I end up using more mood-enhancing rewards to do what I want.
    2. Also, they added more autonomous behaviors and while sometimes I appreciate that, it is annoying if I know what I want to do. For example, there is more autonomous flirting by sims which I end up needing to just ignore. I also had a non-playable sim dump a character I was playing. I understand that some players like that and I did end up rolling with it but it was annoying because I wanted to send that story in a different direction than it ended up going in because of the autonomous action. I don't think they should get rid of that feature altogether but I would like to be able to indicate whether I want random new excitement to happen or not. If not, it's because I already know what I want to do with that household. As it was, I let the sim be dumped and there is some social tension in the game but it changed the nature of the character that I was playing because I wanted her to be a dreamy romantic with a very sweet boyfriend. Now, he has dated two of her good friends. It isn't the same story.
    3. Autonomous flirting by sims not led by me at weddings. That one is getting annoying. I have had 3 out of 4 recent weddings where weird random autonomous flirting with the bride or groom happened. In the most recent case, the groom needed to go to the toilet after the ceremony so I let the bride and groom chat with the guests while I looked for the toilet at the venue to send the groom to. When I panned back over, I saw that he had fallen completely out of love with his new bride because she had flirted with his sister in front of him. His sister was also newly married and now I will have to deal with that when I play her household. The whole thing made no sense. I have a policy that if it wasn't my action and I didn't want it to happen then an action doesn't have to count and I can ignore it or undo it. So, I just had the bride and groom make up and I will have the sister make up with her new spouse. I guess I can stick to more elopements without guests or I can pause all action whenever I am not specifically controlling the bride and groom. Other than that, I like the weddings in the game but I have found that frustrating because it ruins the mood of the wedding. I am not sending couples to a wedding to fly into a fury and hate each other unless I specifically want that plot.

Generally I like the game. I like to roll with some changes and I have a lot of fun with the characters that I have developed. I can also usually ignore what I don't want. I think that being able to manage moods and suggestions for gameplay how I want is important. As for autonomous actions, they are usually fine with me. Guests at weddings kind of need an overhaul. Maybe we should be able to choose if a wedding is happy or on the rocks when we set up the event.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 726 Member
    edited February 27
    I would prefer less reliance on and autonomous use of cell phones.

Not everyone is addicted to cell phones. Some people even choose not to own one at all.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    There are still many things I would change, but for the sake of this thread, I will name two. They're probably difficult changes, I know the second one is for sure, but the heart wants what it wants.

1. Neighborhood editing tool.

I don't necessarily need a world creator (though that would be rad) but I always feel like I need a way to edit the existing worlds in some way. This is probably one of the worst decisions made for Sims 4 - to exclude neighborhood editing for players. It's such a staple feature of previous Sims games that it's like the elephant in the room...or rather...the missing elephant from the safari. With all of the constant complaints from players about how boring most of the worlds are, it would make a huge difference if we could set up our own common world assets. Even if it was just select areas, like the playgrounds and picnic areas, or where existing objects are placed. To be able to swap out objects, remove public toilets, change playgrounds into graveyards, place a weather changing machine or nefarious wishing well, design public gardens, arboretums, etc, etc... this would change the game for everyone, both players and builders alike. It would be especially awesome if we could swap out building shells and had access to the ones that exist from all the packs so we could pick and choose how urban or rural our neighborhoods are.

I'm pretty sure this is the feature that I want the most right now (besides more Occults).

2. Alternate "failure" programming.

I still have issues with the game being too Utopian and I really dislike feeling like EA is dictating to me how I should be playing my own Sims game. The entire reason I fell in love with Sims 2 and never got bored is because of the risk factor. In almost every choice, there was a possibility of failure. With every positive outcome, there was a possibility of a negative one. You didn't have to put extra effort in to have Sim enemies or meltdowns or even death. It was something that would happen on its own if you didn't manage your Sims on a path to success. So I would want more risk and consequences added into some Traits and social interactions. If my Sim picks a fight with another Sim, I don't want them to smile at each other when it's over and hug goodbye (true story, this actually happened to my Sim, it was ludicrous). I'm not saying that the game should have total carnage, or even risk to the extent of the previous games, but something. I want to be able to have stories where my Sim doesn't always succeed and has to find alternate ways to beat the odds. I want stories of relationship failures and struggles. I want stories of anxiety and distress. Without obstacles for my Sims to overcome, how can I say that they've really succeeded? When accomplishments require no effort, how can I call these stories "meaningful"? I feel like there's a stigma with this game that disallows for hardships and human error. But those things are also a part of life and many people relate to that. Why are they treated like taboo? People who have had to conquer such situations in real life have no representation and no way to tell their own stories. Failure should not be anathema in a life simulation game, but it's so rare. The previous games used a comedic approach that was genius. So if I could choose, I'd put more of this back into the current game to make it more stimulating. Maybe I wouldn't fall asleep at my keyboard sometimes when I try to play. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 595 Member
    The engine.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    Put Life by You team in charge of the franchise.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    More interactive worlds maybe. Sims could climb into some trees and on top of rocks, swim in every world, hide behind bushes, paddle a rowboat and stuff like that, just in general interact more with the world.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I want to save my own premade outfits in CAS.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    So many great ideas. I must admit, I'm just unable to settle for one thing I'd change.

I'd like a more Sims 2 like approach but that feels like cheating because it's not just one thing.

If I must choose, I'd probably bring back long term relationship bars or the aspiration meter. Well, that's still 2, not 1 thing.

At this point, I can do nothing but admit defeat.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Put Life by You team in charge of the franchise.

I would do that,too. EA is doing a very poor and unacceptable job at the Sims franchise,and I wish Maxis had teamed up with someone else other than EA.

Why do you hide inside these walls?