Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal powers are kinda... pointless?

I mean, you have constantly recharge them. And then they work only for 2 days (a bit longer for those rare sims with a trait form the related aspiration).
It's a shame, really, because some powers are really cool. They should have added a way to make the charge permanent, at least for the jewellery items..

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    It would have been cool if they had the workmanship tied into the duration so that the highest quality created would last a long time when charged.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I think one of the “powers” I’m going to like best is the one where you can change the weather.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I actually thought that 2 days was incredibly long and that a lot of these items are overpowered. :sweat_smile: I'm glad they need recharging.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I haven't got the pack yet, so I don't know how it feels when playing, but two days sounds like a good duration to me. I would actually hate it if it was permanent.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    lol they are charging for 5-6 hours, in the evening only, you should keep the track of every item each of your sim is wearing and also remember when those 2 days began. Very fun indeed :D
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Random idea I've been having is that it would have been great if spellcasters could decharge themselves on crystals, charging these in process.

It adds strategy though. Yet it would have been great for the magical side to be easier for spellcasters...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    I mean, you have constantly recharge them. And then they work only for 2 days (a bit longer for those rare sims with a trait form the related aspiration).
    It's a shame, really, because some powers are really cool. They should have added a way to make the charge permanent, at least for the jewellery items..

That's why you need two sets of the same kind of jewelry. One set is charging while you wear the other one. And then you change them.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

That's why you need two sets of the same kind of jewelry. One set is charging while you wear the other one. And then you change them.

I'm probably going to steal these exact words and put them into my jeweler sim's mouth during a sales pitch ;)

When I played yesterday, I picked effects based on my sims's characters, not efficiency. The Hot-headed one ordered the effect that shortens the duration of anger, and he is currently making a better artifacts from Selvadorada wristband for his archaeologist sim. The sim who already has a tourquoise necklace will get a charged version and so on.

In the long run I'll probably look for a mod that doubles the duration, but more than that would be too much.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    lol they are charging for 5-6 hours, in the evening only, you should keep the track of every item each of your sim is wearing and also remember when those 2 days began. Very fun indeed :D

With a full moon my pieces only had to charge for 3 hours. The phases of the moon affect the charge length. I just charge things while my Sim sleeps and then the jewelry is ready in the morning. I'm finding them fun. She's increased her charisma in no time. I haven't had time to try all the of the effects out yet, but so far so good. :smile:
  • Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    I feel like these powers are simular to things you can already get with mods, with systems and skills etc that last alot longer than a few hours at a time, super keen though, will try at somepoint nonetheless!!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I feel like these powers are simular to things you can already get with mods, with systems and skills etc that last alot longer than a few hours at a time, super keen though, will try at somepoint nonetheless!!

Not everyone uses mods though, I love this stuff pack and the crystal features and the aspiration <3 I am glad EA makes similar features for packs sometimes, I don't think it is a bad thing… :)