Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think this looks great overall, but I'm a little sad that we're probably getting this in place of the jewelry and glassblowing machine from TS3. So if we don't get them in this pack, we will probably never get the ability to make stained glass windows, glass vases, etc.

We already have quite a lot of vases in game and stained glass windows. I would like if they gave us some vases with 1-3 slots that we could put flowers in, no arrangement necessary. Sometimes my sims collect some flowers but they don't do flower arranging and it would be nice if they could display the flowers they find anyway.

I have a couple CC vases like that. Some with 2 flowers, not sure about 3. Let me know if you like a wink to where to DL it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    It's cool that vampires, werewolves and spellcasters get special effects from moonstone BUT why are mermaids forgotten? :/ And aliens too? Or did they just forget to mention them?

They didn't cover all the crystals there are (at least from what I've seen other people post about it - I'm not on X), so could be more for them.

Oh that's true! :smile: Maybe the sixam gems and metals will affect aliens.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm concerned that the beautiful Crystal Tree will be locked into only certain seasons.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm concerned that the beautiful Crystal Tree will be locked into only certain seasons.

Then you can probably grow it indoor. When sheltered, seasonal plants will grow year round (but with slightly less crops). Don't worry :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me it is just a stuff pack and that is all it is and SPs do not excite me as it is just a filler.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited February 24
    I'm not really complaining because I think this pack offers a lot already. But - I really wish jewelry would also include brooches. I'm aware they might clip with some outfits (but so will necklaces as well), but I'd still want brooches and that I, the simmer, was to decide wheter it looks good or bad on a given outfit. Perhaps I would find a little cllipping was okay. Brooches would be fine for outfits that not allways work well with necklaces.

I would also like one neckless design to be medals, like we could use for contest. Gold, silver and bronze, but with the crystal crafting system we could use any existing metal and even add a gem on front if we wanted. I know medals are not regular jewelry, but it would be fun creating them with this sytem. If necklaces can be displayed on a display-torso-thing, even better for medals, as they could be a collection of decoratives on a shelf or ewall display. Hopefully medals can be added some other time, or in a patch even - although then they could probavbly not take advantage of the crystal creation system.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    As most of us here like to use abbreviations for DLC this one might be confusing because the most logical would be CC. So saying you need CC to make jewelry... Confusing. Any other options?
  • Options
    I really hope that the Crystal Tree doesn't revert back to dirt even when sheltered. :'(
  • Options
    I really hope that the Crystal Tree doesn't revert back to dirt even when sheltered. :'(

You can cheat any plant to any growth state, so even if it gets revertet you can set it to "blooming". It might cost you oone harvest, though, so let's hope it won't happen. The cheat I think is available while pressing SHIFT and then right or left click the plant in question. I don't think it's mod related, but I can be wrong (abroad at the time, miles away from my game)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    As most of us here like to use abbreviations for DLC this one might be confusing because the most logical would be CC. So saying you need CC to make jewelry... Confusing. Any other options?

CrC....?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    On AHQ the stuff packs abbreviations have SP, so this would be [CCSP] over there perhaps?
  • Options
    On AHQ the stuff packs abbreviations have SP, so this would be [CCSP] over there perhaps?

That sounds like a good solution
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I do think that male clothing looks little bit like after thought
    A plot twist that no one saw coming!
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 28
    Why, oh WHY did they have to add those rings to the man bun hair ?
    I mean they should have given us a ring-free version of it as well.

Same with the curly hairstyle with a hair clip : the hair clip is very pretty but a version with an elastic or nothing would have been very useful.

Also the spaghetti straps dress, why does it not have plain swatches without the plaid pattern ?

And why do we have to make the jewelry to see it in CAS ?

Build/Buy wise I love the bookshelves and I’m glad they gave us a version of it without a ladder and there’s a plain white swatch but why are all the books white as well ? It makes it weird looking. They often give us white and black swatches but every single thing on the object is white on white or black on black and so it lacks contrast.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    Why isn't there a matching living room chair to go with the couch? :'(
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Back in Sims 2 and Sims 3 every stuff pack's name ended with 'Stuff' (Family Fun Stuff, Town Life Stuff, etc.) so every SP abbreviation ended with 'S', so I guess we could called it CCS...?
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Back in Sims 2 and Sims 3 every stuff pack's name ended with 'Stuff' (Family Fun Stuff, Town Life Stuff, etc.) so every SP abbreviation ended with 'S', so I guess we could called it CCS...?

I think earlier stuff packs followed this name logic.
    Now they are pursuing cooler titles and regard Stuff as a level instead of a part of the name.
    However, some earlier stuff packs used an inclusive name too much, making it awkward for other packs on the same theme.

;) Name:
    • Cool kitchen
    :'( Name:
    • Fitness, Toddler
    :p Name:
    • Backyard (Water slides are excluded by pool things, we have the hope for more pool facilities, thanks for wind chimes and bird feeders to re-define the theme)
    :# Name:
    • Kids room (can't build different kids' bedrooms with b/b items like Family Fun Stuff! Rather kids play sets),
    • Movie hangout (Where can we hang out? Rather home theater)

I found it interesting in STEAM DLC management that Maxis used the full name with stuff pack instead of stuff since Nifty Knitting; added game pack and expansion pack for suffix since Batuu.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I do think that male clothing looks little bit like after thought
    A plot twist that no one saw coming!

Well it is rather common issue with packs :sweat_smile: I just wished they'd get memo by now that we want cool stuff for dudes too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited February 29
    Why isn't there a matching living room chair to go with the couch? :'(
    I notice often they don't usually always make matching sets. I saw a tiktok someone said old money aesthetic you never see matching sets. they usually have old antique pieces inherited over time, not store bought. Think it may be thrifted. lol j/k
    I wish gave us matching sets. I like the velvet couch.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    It's a shame mermaids don't get a special advantage from a crystal. The 3 big occults get a perk from a charged moonstone, and aliens one from one of the get to work Crystals. But I haven't heard anything for mermaids.

Also a freelance career about crafting jewellery is missing. Sure you can use the sales table but that's not really the same. That's a side hustle, not a job.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    bang bang bang

So far, no major bug reports!
    Has anyone seen any issues?

bang bang bang

And please give it up for the band!

bang bang bang
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    bang bang bang

bang bang bang

bang bang bang

Just mod conflicts (no skill gain from books after level 1, can only "design random jewelry" even at a cheated skill level 10, cannot cut crystals or design jewelry). I did a 50:50 yesterday already for a different issue, and now again So tired :(
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    bang bang bang

bang bang bang

bang bang bang

Just mod conflicts (no skill gain from books after level 1, can only "design random jewelry" even at a cheated skill level 10, cannot cut crystals or design jewelry). I did a 50:50 yesterday already for a different issue, and now again So tired :(

I am having the same issue, if you figure it please let us know what mod it was. I am doing the same 50\50 and will post back if I figure it out.
    Thanks
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited March 1
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    bang bang bang

bang bang bang

bang bang bang

I am having the same issue, if you figure it please let us know what mod it was. I am doing the same 50\50 and will post back if I figure it out.
    Thanks

@Sara1010P

In my case it was TOOL. I had neglected an update because the description said it fixed something regarding For Rent, what I don't own.