Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrating the Happy End

Think of your gameplay in terms of a movie or TV show, please! At some point they will have finished a "chapter", "episode" or a longterm goal that ends the save or challenge. That can be finishing a jungle expedition, succesfully having courted The One and Only, complete a restaurant build and train up all employees or anything else that would constitute a Happy End.

Now look at your screenshots (or memories) - What are your sims most likely to do right after a Happy End?

Celebrating the Happy End 36 votes

Have drinks or a meal
11%
BluegayleEnkiSchmidtmightyspriteCaerfinon 4 votes
Dance or otherwise enjoy music
2%
bshag4lv 1 vote
Kiss or woohoo
13%
Colorist40lisamwittDaniRose2143Simmingalskip 5 votes
Make a new purchase or display a trophy
5%
elanorbretonLeucosiaX 2 votes
Get a makeover
0%
Take a picture
13%
greydonnAtreya33Chicklet453681Lady_BalloraHavenRose 5 votes
Look at scenery
0%
Give a speech
0%
Family time
11%
freindlyloldreamprisonerhaisinluciusstorm 4 votes
Other
41%
crocobauraSara1010PGalacticGalsimgirl1010MiaSkywalkermitchiebanjoChampandGirlieOldeseadoggeMDianaSimsHopeyStarrmrs_starkeySERVERFRANate_Whiplash1Umbreon12JustMeAlb 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    Have drinks or a meal
    As expected, my sims dine out or have drinks most often after a harrowing adventure.

But I was surprised that "Kiss" and "Family time" were the second and third most common motives. I don't consider myself a family player.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

It's always different :3 and it goes on and on so there is no 'happy end' in sight.
    We try to cherish the happy moments in between.

After defeating the Council at Tartosa:
    A day off at the beach (they were just too exhausted ^^')
    742240e3c7501d40ee9100637539bc4a28360f90.jpg

Kiyoshi back from the tree and a diety now:
    Food!
    61f5c5f0ea8b2f53a21baaa201f337d3cf620da4.jpg

After bringing back the Invisible Farm:
    Concert at the Country Bunker
    922b17ea069ce9a9a22899f89966a4cd5e0fd86e.jpg

When Ji Ho and Vlad engaged their Bond:
    A great disturbance in the force ö.Ö
    d304bbbaeaf791128930336a7d8aedb0f124526e.jpg
    70deff0b3e6a0b781dfbe9bb5af6b4450b69415c.jpg

When Jack was back from his coma:
    Movie Night
    2f14e93d793cf40526ba18de80e4c2a72a2cc26e.jpg

Kiyoshi becoming Jack's Alpha:
    Despair (on Jack's side) and pride, happyness and overwhelming love (on Kiyoshi's side)...
    5fd4de241672e8e9065c5a4f199074d741ae2823.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Other
    How about all the above. :p
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    Other
    Pick another aspiration, skill, career or Uni degree, etc. 😄 I'm on a quest to get it all done.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 170 Member
    Other
    After my Sims fought their way through the jungle and found the secret treasure and also after they defeated the dangerous Motherplant, they spend the entire next day in the Spa, getting massages and relax in the hottub. In the evening they went into a local restaurant and enjoyed a yummy selvadorian or "strange" meal, hehe! After all the adventures they deserve to be pampered. I spoil my Sims, and I love it! :)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    Kiss or woohoo
    Other was also a possibility but I chose kiss or woohoo because my couples do everything together and they're all madly in love. When I think about a bit more, it's really likely that there would be gorgeous scenery as a backdrop to the kiss.

aDsB2Iz.png

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,652 Member
    Family time
    I was going to choose Kiss, but really most of my stories end with family, be they birth families, chosen families or new families (which is where the kissing comes in) coming together...

7TEtWyZ.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Kiss or woohoo
    After I finish my goal with a particular Sim, they then have kids so I can pick my heir to play with next. Even if a Sim's goal is raising a successful family, I always have them have another kid to be my heir. The other kids are just part of the goal. lol
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Have drinks or a meal
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How about all the above. :p

Technically it's "all of the above" for me too, every option on the poll has occured in my game. But some are more common then others for my sims. I guess because I enjoy dining out (or just eating) a lot irl, so my gameplay choices would reflect that.

@Lenny_Ogg It doesn't have to be the big Happy End, chapter conclusions are perfectly fine! From the poll options I see "Eat", "Scenery" and "Music" in your screenshots.

@mrs_starkey Your sims are lucky! Shoot, I totally didn't think of "Spa time/Me time" as an option. Should probably have used that in place of the more niche "Give a speech".

@simgirl1010 Poor sims, so their only breather is five seconds in the aspiration picker? (Nah, I refuse to believe that. I'm pretty sure they get plenty of little nice moments during their workload.)

@DaniRose2143 Gorgeous indeed! Great screenshot <3

@luciusstorm When I think of it some more, family does play a role in my stories, too. I'm just not into the nurturing/raising aspect.

@lisamwitt That "extra" kid is probably the luckiest. Whenever I attempted a legacy, my poor heir was overworked with skilling and aspiration goals, while the spares could enjoy their life.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    Other
    @simgirl1010 Poor sims, so their only breather is five seconds in the aspiration picker? (Nah, I refuse to believe that. I'm pretty sure they get plenty of little nice moments during their workload.)

@EnkiSchmidt absolutely. 😄 Lots of family activities and fun while working on those aspirations.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Other
    My sims don't really celebrate but if they need something they might treat themselves to something nice, like a relaxing bath after finishing a jungle expedition or they might buy a round of drinks at the bar if they manage to earn a small fortune in relics. :)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member

Happy ” End?

☠️

* LAUGHS EVILLY
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    Other
    I play generationally, I like playing young adults most, so my Sims remain young adults through Marriage and raising their kids. Once the next generation is ready to take over, that is when this generation celebrates their happy ending, by being set free of my control and finally leading the rest of their lives entirely on their own, getting to make their own decisions. My new generation still interacts with them, they are family after all, but they no longer have a task master to control their lives, they are free.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Kiss or woohoo
    @lisamwitt That "extra" kid is probably the luckiest. Whenever I attempted a legacy, my poor heir was overworked with skilling and aspiration goals, while the spares could enjoy their life.

Pretty much. Although last time I had a family with a lot of siblings, story mode killed off the spares. I don't remember how they all died, but I do remember that one poor brother (who lived in an apartment) somehow died by cowplant.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited February 23
    Kiss or woohoo
    Happy ” End?

☠️

* LAUGHS EVILLY

^ That tbh or its actually more like open ending

but I also often like to add nooboos when there is temporary happy end vibe cause ya never know if those creatures will destroy everything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 645 Member
    Have drinks or a meal
    At the end of the story the superhero tradition is to go for shawarma.... what else would we do?
    tfzK799.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    After a major turning point or conclusion of a significant chapter of life for a sim, either I continue playing them to the next phase or frequently, i rotate to another household. I tend to change up who I am playing somewhat frequently. It's not bored switching. I just know when it is time for a change. Whenever I come back to them, their plotline moves ahead.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    Kiss or woohoo
    Thank you @EnkiSchmidt🙂 It was a case of right time, right place, right pose pack.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Dance or otherwise enjoy music
    When I picked turn on the music and dance, that's what my sims do anyway when they accomplish something, like upgrading the toilet. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Other
    Let them have a day on the beach or at the dance club, or whatever I think they'd do for fun.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Other
    My sims never, ever have a happy ending to anything--they're all lowlifes who have no goals or ambition, and they accomplish nothing
  • Options
    Have drinks or a meal
    I suppose Happy End is a matter of definition. Sometimes snatching a pack of chips while getting carried out of the exclusive bar by the bouncer can be a victory. I play both Team Evil and Team Good, so for every victory of one side, the other has very little to celebrate.

This was the End of Round 5 screenshot in my active save:
    650e4a1ad5f5066f967477a79154516762ce6f2a.pnj
    Two sims kissing, one sim lying on the ground (electroshocked and about to get jailed), one walking away (secretly has feelings for the sim she had to arrest) and one staring into space (sad at the team breaking up). And a droid, because everything is better with droids.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,436 Member
    Take a picture
    When my sims are ultimately done with their story (which usually means a happy end) I move on to another story but keep these sims in my save so I can return to them or meet them as NPCs.

For my supersim I have taken a screenshot to celebrate each aspiration she finished. I have posted some of them on this forum. Right now I am gathering them all in one thread Callisto's aspiration journey.

Here are some examples
    GcWbIF2.png

IK0G6uV.png

80gHFZZ.png

OXVxAV5.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    Other
    My happy end will be a life lived well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited February 26
    Other
    Be abandoned by their Watcher and fade into oblivion?
    I usually quit playing a save when it's 'done' and start a new story or challenge with new sims. Or I plan to continue but just never do.
    That said, my sims more frequently do not reach 'the end' because they get abandoned halfway through. I used to be able to complete stories, but I seem to have lost that ability somewhere along the way.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr