Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New SDX February 13

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Oh, vitiligo? That's cool!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Here's a clearer screenshot.

Screenshot-20240212-125052-2.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Here's a clearer screenshot.

Screenshot-20240212-125052-2.png

I thought it's maybe new boots or something. :lol:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    And a million CC users delete a file...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    In game home screen.

Screenshot-20240212-132607-2.png
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    So weird. Just a few days ago, my kid asked me whether I could make sims with vitiligo, and I had to say, surprisingly, no. (Not without cc, anyway.) He'll like it when I tell him about this update!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’ve waited for vitiligo for so long!!! I’m very excited! I just hope all sims with vitiligo don’t look the same though.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    So weird. Just a few days ago, my kid asked me whether I could make sims with vitiligo, and I had to say, surprisingly, no. (Not without cc, anyway.) He'll like it when I tell him about this update!

He did not ask can we form bands, by any chance, did he??? :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    No one is wondering if it will come with fixes for For Rent?
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that SDXs are usually things - CAS or BB items - rather than code changes, which are delivered via patches.

I'm both hoping and dreading that we will also get a patch tomorrow with For Rent fixes. (The hackers who are corrupting mods are going to have a field day when the next patch drops.)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    yeah don't need a patch for sdx drops.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 13

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that SDXs are usually things - CAS or BB items - rather than code changes, which are delivered via patches.

I'm both hoping and dreading that we will also get a patch tomorrow with For Rent fixes. (The hackers who are corrupting mods are going to have a field day when the next patch drops.)

I'd be astonished if we get a major bugfix patch without a Laundry List a week earlier. Also I really need a day off (hopefully relaunching Broken/Updated tomorrow, though!) and would be happy to live with another week of bugs :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm so happy for the new SDX because I'm a vanilla pc player. :p That being said, I would love for the long overdue fixes for poor Tomarang to finally be in Sims 4. It's such a beautiful world. :) I've had to make due with putting the objects & live mode objects in my Sulani & Tartosa world & pretending that Tomarang doesn't exist. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Majority of people asked for bug fixes and new gameplay packs and we got this...

The problem is not this, the problem once its patched 70-80% of randomly generated sims will have them and that's not realistic

Just like thick back hair being applied to 50-60% in CAS on female sims
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Ok, but when do we get cars ?!
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Majority of people asked for bug fixes and new gameplay packs and we got this...

The problem is not this, the problem once its patched 70-80% of randomly generated sims will have them and that's not realistic

Just like thick back hair being applied to 50-60% in CAS on female sims

And let's not forget about the MAC Cosmetics "clown makeup" as I call it. Even though I have MCCC set up to use my Gallery as the source for townies and NPCs, and the settings normally require them to be exactly as saved--still, many end up with that strange makeup.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Oh! It's not shoes! I'm so happy to see vitiligo available <3
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    ... I'm so happy to see vitiligo available <3
    graventhe wrote: »

... The problem is not this, the problem once its patched 70-80% of randomly generated sims will have them and that's not realistic ...

I am so very happy to have vitiligo available! But somewhat worried about it being grossly over-represented in the randomly generated sims.

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

@luciusstorm Thanks for that info, I could have sworn that SDX drops have come with bug fixes before but since my stroke I can't always trust my memory.

The thing that worries me is that in the TWO MONTHS since the ever so buggy FR dropped, none of the marvelously gifted modders in this community have been able to fix the most overwhelming problems with the pack. This honestly doesn't give me a lot of hope that the Sims team itself will ever be able to fix them. Lets face it, how many bugs are still around from previous packs that have never been fixed since YEARS? I personally never stopped having the reverting to dirt piles gardening issue despite them saying they had fixed it. I don't have a lot of hope for the future of For Rent, or or the Sims 4 for that matter.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I would of rather had bug fixes than a vitiligo CAS item...it's pointless to even have vitiligo Sims when the game is so full of bugs and glitches. And we STILL don't have burglars,burglar alarms,cars,graveyards,funerals or multi-purpose community lots.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @logion someone close to me has vitiligo- it's just a natural skin variation, not a disability <3 except that people just need to be a little extra careful with sunscreen
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I believe the term is a chronic autoimmune disorder, but I'm no expert and it doesn't really matter. Good that they are adding it anyway.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    In game home screen.

Screenshot-20240212-132607-2.png

My mom has vertigo
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I can't say I personally care about this one but interesting all the same.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png